It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival ishtf sit become a pirate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
get a crew steal a battleship museum make it sea worthy find what ordinance you can find pull along a coastal community turn the 3 16 inch turrets towards town and give them ultimatum give you and crew what provisions you want or else. which will be kinda a bluff because ammunition for 16inch guns is no longer being made but they wouldn't want to risk it
move on to next town repeat. just kidding i know it wouldn't be possible but might make a good future post apocalyptic movie.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A boat with sails would probably be more practical as fuel will become increasingly sparse
Then again a nuclear powered Aircraft carrier or submarine would do nicely.

edit on 12-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
stock up on oranges , limes , lemons you dont want to get scurvy ... also dramamine wouldnt do much good if your crew got seasick ..
pirates lives were far from glamouros and often shortlived...
edit on 12/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Man power is all we will be able to use, if you ask me in a post apocalyptic world. So I will go with a pedalo.

A deluxe version though.....

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Unless of course some yahoo in town had stolen a couple of these

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Probably not a good idea. Most floating museum ships are in serious need of some drydock repair time. The hulls are rotting away. Plus many of them had to be towed to their current positions because they were gutted for parts and demilled.

At most, you could probably tow the thing out to sea. Anchor it off the coast somewhere and use it as a floating fortress.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Need to learn to fish and hunt. Need to learn to store food. Need to know how to row food if possible. There are a lot of basic skills most people do not have anymore. A lot of people today do not even know how to cook. Shooting a gun or knowing how to shoot is just not enough. You could take twenty people who are excellent shots but they would not be able to hunt, track etc... Also the same twenty people, if they do not know how to work together and do not know basic tactics could be easy prey for one person who isn't a great shot but knows how to move covertly, take cover etc...

It would take a lot of skills to truly survive. But even a true survivor could easily perish. A simple cut could become infected and with no medical treatment could become life threatening. I guess my point is people would have to work together rebuild some type of society (including a new government). If everyone tries to become a pirate, marauder, etc. we will all eventually perish. Plus do you really want to live without AC, hot showers, washers and dryers to clean your clothes. Life would be rough.

I do not view the eventual "end of Society" as the beginning of a post apocalyptic wasteland full of roving bands of murderers, rapists and thieves. I view it as an opportunity for those who are willing to work and are willing to put some effort in to rebuild a better society and with an opportunity to obtain more than they currently have.

You could learn how to brew beer and create your own brewery to supply the locals. You could learn to hunt and can barter your kills for other supplies. We could work together to rebuild the power grids... you could create your own trash service and offer to remove peoples trash for a fee. Being a marauding pirate is not as glamorous as it is in the movies. Don't forget most of them lost fingers, hands, arms, legs, eyes... Not to mention the many pirates who died... Not just in battle. Many of them died from disease, malnutrition, etc...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
All I gotta say is ARRRRRR

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I know you're kidding, but on a more serious note --- those who form gangs to loot and steal will sooner or later be met with an honest person's self-defense in whatever caliber the honest person has at hand. So, I wouldn't recommend any form of "piracy" because it would be dangerous to the pirate or looter's health and safety. In a TEOTWAKI, looters would probably be shot on sight, no questions asked.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Im too dumb for all of that. Im just gonna stay a land lubber and prey on survivalists. Or become a cannibal. I hear kitties taste like chicken.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I would try to gather as many people together who believe in truth, justice and the american way. We would train to fight. We would try to grow our own food, collect our own drinking water, hunt and fish. We would fight to protect anyone who wants our protection. We would look for survivors in need of assistance. We would help shelter and feed those in need. We would encourage any other survivors to use whatever skills they have to help rebuild and reestablish society.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
stock up on oranges , limes , lemons you dont want to get scurvy ... also dramamine wouldnt do much good if your crew got seasick ..
pirates lives were far from glamouros and often shortlived...
edit on 12/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

Agreed there.
But the OP's plan could work, well... until the first bomber flies overhead anyway.
Heck even a cessna would probably work.
I don't think old world pirates ever had to worry about an air force.

edit on 12-8-2012 by g146541 because: aaaaargh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
Unless of course some yahoo in town had stolen a couple of these

Lmao, the launch and first explosion was cgi

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

thanks I thought the explosion was a stage explosion

just posted for fun

top topics