It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I would like to see on ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I love ATS for a multitude of reasons, the subject matter, the knowledge that many members possess, and the variety of topics I can find on here at any given time. What I'm proposing is something quite simple. What I would like to see is a new forum, the "Teach me" forum where members can ask questions on any subject that they're curious about and the members within the community can answer the question... Some questions cant be answered by fact, some are more opinion driven so I believe this could start decent conversations...

I believe creating a community from within where members dont need to shy away for "stupid" questions is a good thing... A smarter community should attract and create better conversations and threads for us all.

Anyways, I was thinking about this earlier today, it made sense to me, so I figured Id run it by everyone... Maybe Im way off and maybe its a horrible idea...

And for newer members like me (03/11), I know there are thousands of interesting topics out there that Ive never heard about that ATS likely has covered... What Im hoping is that members ask questions on subjects Ive either never heard about or Im curious about so I can expand my knowledge too...

Have a good one ATS!
edit on 12-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You already have that option, couple of times I had to ask the ATS brotherhood for an answer to a problem I had, it works. One of the best places to find an answer.

Just pick the right forum for your question and shoot.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've always wanted them to add an animal forum.

I love watching those amazing animal videos

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
You already have that option, couple of times I had to ask the ATS brotherhood for an answer to a problem I had, it works. One of the best places to find an answer.

Just pick the right forum for your question and shoot.

It was my understanding (could be wrong) that ATS doesnt like it when you create threads with little substance or a one line question... Thats why I wanted a thread dedicated to just that...

But if you say it works, thats always a good thing

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
you can always just ask.
or maybe, just use google.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
you can always just ask.
or maybe, just use google.

To be honest with you, at times, I prefer to learn from others within ATS than reading some google search... I feel that a lot of members are quite knowledgable on numerous topics and have loads to offer from their own personal research and experiences...

Not sure about you, but when I read certain thread titles and see what the subject matter is (and that the thread is getting attention) I look forward to searching out particular members who write detailed posts and give detailed explanations on certain topics... Google cant offer that to me....
edit on 12-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As a person who knows the ropes... I'll clue you in. There is a "chat" button on your toolbar. Go in there and ask anything at all, on any subject, at anytime and chances are that somebody there will either have an answer, will find an answer for you, or will link you to a thread that discusses the topic.

Chat is one of the best and most underutilized places on ATS. Seriously.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by jhn7537

As a person who knows the ropes... I'll clue you in. There is a "chat" button on your toolbar. Go in there and ask anything at all, on any subject, at anytime and chances are that somebody there will either have an answer, will find an answer for you, or will link you to a thread that discusses the topic.

Chat is one of the best and most underutilized places on ATS. Seriously.

~Heff

Ive been on here for 17 months and I had zero clue about that...seriously....haha

I will definitely utilize that moving forward... See creating this thread worked out for me already

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes I llike to hear from other members then do my own research and compare the 2

new topics

top topics

join