It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Genie Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok. Some of you remember my post in the collaborative writing forum about a thread I wanted to start. I then received u2u's from folks who wanted to participate but couldn't since it was in a closed forum. I decided after this, to attempt to have it in the short stories forum since each post will contain a short story.

Here is the link to the OP... Genie Thread

For those who don't want to click... I copied and pasted below...

I have an idea for a new collaborative writing thread and wanted a general consensus on the idea and who would be interested in participating if I started it. I don't want to put it up if nobody is interested in playing along so I don't have a huge failure staring me right in the face every day.

This will involve your imagination skills being tested to the limit!

I want to create a genie thread where one starts off with a wish. The following poster will grant that wish and use their creative writing abilities to screw that wish up beyond imagination....ending with their own wish that loosely follows the previous post. So on and so forth.

An example would be as follows...

I wish for my own cruise ship.

The next poster would reply with something akin to...

*POOF*! Your wish is granted. You have your very own cruise ship but little did you know that the ship had to come from somewhere. It turns out that there are 3 heavy set men and a donkey hot on your trail for stealing their ride. You realize this and try to go faster so you can escape their wrath. While speeding you hit a snow white baby seal doing just enough damage to tick him off. In his haze of floating stars and encroaching darkness he makes eye contact with you and thinks you look like the guy that came there a week ago to club his family. The ship matches what the seal remembers at any rate.

He sends out his warning call and within minutes the sea is covered in large, very angry seals. They manage to jam your propellers, leaving you sitting like a dead duck in the middle of nowhere with the ship's real owners still chasing you like the hounds of hell.

You can stop there and tie in your wish for the next poster to grant. Something like...

I wish that (poster's name) had gigantic oars so he could try to save himself before it's too late.

Then the next poster would start with granting that wish and screwing it up all over again. It can be funny, scary, paranormal, etc. Your choice.

I think it could be fun and hope I explained it clearly enough. It can give everyone a chance to have a bit of a laugh while honing their creative writing skills. A win/win scenario.

Just reply to this or U2U me if you think it would be a good idea and you would like to participate in it. It won't really work if I am the only one doing it.

Thanks everybody!

****PLEASE READ****

To prevent 5 posts granting the same wish, the only thing I could come up with is to save your spot. If you want to respond, post and save your spot. Then go back in and edit your post to your short story granting the wish. This way others can see someone is busy replying already. If 2 people happen to do this at the exact same time, the first post wins and the second post can be edited to grant that post's wish.

I am not sure if this will fail or not, but it seemed like a fun idea and a way for us to get creative and write something short and way out imaginative.

I will start off with the first wish that I know at least one person here should have a ball with.

I wish that a member of ATS would be the first person to find a real alien in their backyard.

Now get to granting...

edit on 8/12/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Ok, I'm officially spooked right now. What the hell just happened to me? I was sitting here watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics when suddenly a bright light filled the room.

A very penetrating bright white light. I felt strange, like something came over me. In a trance like state I walked over to the window.

The light weakened as I peered outside. What I saw then I can only describe as something out of this world.

As I looked into a pair of big almond shape, black soullless eyes I could hear a voice speaking in my head.

"Film it and we will come."

Damn, I wish I had a camera.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

*POOF* Your wish has been granted!

Later that night a large, spherical UFO touches down with a gentle hum in YOUR backyard. You cautiously walk to the front door just as a ramp begins to open, casting a bright light against the side of your house and silhouetting a being slowly walking towards the opening. You approach, absolutely awestruck filled more with wonder than fear and a gentle sense of calm

The being exits the craft and holds up a hand, not unlike your own but with three long and slender feelings. In that moment you realize you can speak freely with the being through your mind.

You instantly think of posting this story to ATS, full of joy that you finally have proof of contact!

You hear a voice in your mind, 'We read your thread, we came to grant your wish.'

You thank the visitor, and just when you are about to begin asking questions the alien makes a strangled laughing noise and your head is filled with his thoughts, 'Pics or it didn't happen!'

He scurries up the ramp, the craft disappears and you are forced to put your experience in the 'Grey Area'.

I wish people would carry cameras at all times.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

What just happened here, did you think of the same thing I did seperately or did you misinterprete the assignment?

Edit, I did end my post with a wish. Btw, it's quite a coincidence that we would think of virtually the same wish.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat

Thought of the same thing and I noticed your post didn't have a wish so I figured I'd just go with my original. Actually been thinking about it for a day or two. I'll do another in reply to yours.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wish granted. Django and Domo both are now fully equipped with cameras to film the biggest event to ever occur. “Pics or it didn’t happen” will not be an issue at this point. These beings, creepy as they may be and smelling of fetid macaroni and cheese are ready for their close up. But they only have minutes left before they are beamed back to their planet...and not by Scotty.

Django and Domo rip into their new equipment with trembling hands trying to ignore the aroma of these space beings. Both pause at the same time and look up at each other. Faces of joy crumble in synchronicity as they realize the camera equipment came from IKEA with instructions written in Chinese...and they are both missing the allen wrenches needed to assemble their cameras into working products.

Suddenly there is a charge in the air. The aliens are getting impatient and their scent wafts through the air now as boiled eggs and cabbage... Obviously an indication of their current mood. Time is drawing nigh with little hope in sight of getting the proof they desperately want. They begin pleading with the aliens to give them more time...

I wish for allen wrenches all around!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

-

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Now, both strapped with an IKEA build it yourself camera set, and equipped with the ever so significant allen wrench, me and Domo start to construct our cameras in a race to be the first to capture genuine footage of a close encounter of the third kind, like soldiers in boot camp assembling their rifles or like Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin at the hatch, fighting over taking a giant leap.

Beads of sweat are running down both our faces as our noses collect the putrid smell, reminiscent of a compost heap on a hot summers day, mixed with the scent of dead farm animals on the side of the road waiting to be picked up by the disposal unit.

The alien sarcastically, and telepathically sends an "any day now" to our minds.

I try to hurry up, but I seem to have mixed up some crucial components, I look over at Domo, and he just completely lost the objective dropping it on the ground.
jk.

It is taking too long. Suddenly the bright light appears again, eminating from what I assume to be a spaceship, I can't quite see through the light, but the alien seems to be leaving.

I wish we had more time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DjangoPhat

you have more time.
As I watch you in haste you have dropped your tools, what ever will you do now.?The lives of so many and even snow cones are melting.
I can only wish I had even more time

edit on 12-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Wish Granted. You are given even more time...the snow cones as well since I am feeling generous.

You rush over to help Django pick up his tools. You insist on helping him finish putting the camera together too. It seems like things are moving in super slow motion. The aliens watch you work with the speed of pudding dripping down the wall. They have started hissing at you for taking up so much of their valuable time with your silliness and mumble to each other in their own language. One asks the other... "Why do you think they didn't ask US to give them a pic of ourselves to begin with? We could have given them one hours ago from our own sleep quarters." The other answers back with "Well, it was fun watching the humans bumble around like those 3 stupid guys we saw on that screen last time we visited here...but you are right. This is no longer fun. My skin is drying out and the odor is even starting to offend my senses. I am leaving this place in less than 2 minutes and I will choose which of these humans we will take with us whether they like it or not."

You finally finish the camera assembly and quickly snap the picture everyone has been waiting an eternity to see and have just enough time to see it was successfully saved before both of you notice the aliens coming toward you with a different gleam in their eye. You can feel what is coming... you know one of you will be leaving tonight.

I wish for a safe boarding of one captive......And it shall be Domo.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As Jango waves Domo goodbye. The aliens stop acting nice and become hostile.

"Destroy that Jango guy with our plasma cannons!" The aliens yelled. In a bright flash Jango was no more.

"Now Domo, answer all of our questions and tell us what we want to know, or that will be you!" Said the short fat one resembling Kim Jong Ill.

So, the Aliens interrogate Domo, but not before chopping off one of his ears, for trophy rights. Domo precedes to tell them all about Earths weaknesses, as they begin to hatch a plan for world domination.

"Good boy! You will make a grand pet for Win Wong Wun. That's my son by the way." The alien said.

Domo burst out laughing. Before stopping abruptly amid murderous stares.

If only I could get off this ship to warn everyone, Domo thought to himself.
edit on 14-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Lold. That's probably the response I would have had. You gotta make a wish though!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by DAZ21

Lold. That's probably the response I would have had. You gotta make a wish though!

Oops I wish someone would save Domo.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wish granted...Domo is saved....from the aliens.

I heard a strange wheezing sound coming from the sky above my house just as I was preparing a dinner of fried souse meat and sauerkraut. I ran outside quickly wondering if it was the husband shooting rescue flares into the sky again like he was saving private Ryan. As soon as I hit the door I saw that it was the husband...and his flares had found a target. Before the ship flew off like a smoking bomb, a body had fallen from the gaping hole the flare had left in it.

I walk over to the body to check for life. He appeared human but was missing an ear. I couldn't leave him there suffering, but I couldn't trust who or what he was either. I went back into the house and returned with a new roll of duct tape, bungee cords, a cattle prod and a band aid...for the ear of course.

After I had him trussed up like a Christmas turkey I carried him into my basement and waited for him to awaken. His further survival hinged on his story. I would not hesitate to kill him should he pose a threat. I needed to know about the ship I saw. I am not crazy. I saw it...and this guy would tell me WTH was going on.

I wish Domo's story will be convincing enough to save his life.
edit on 8/15/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
...Meanwhile back on planet Tuborg...

A game of wakka was being played, a game that can only be described in human terms as resembling golf.

"Someone fetch my wakka stick!" Screamed The alien leader. "Now watch this drive!"

The aliens applaud the shot.

"Yes! In the hole!" The leader shouted.

"...erm...sir?" A new recruit piped up. "That's not in the hole."

"Whhhaaaa? Are you calling me a liar?" Said the leader in amazement.

"...Errr...no..." Said the new recruit realising his mistake.

"Don't look at me when you speak! Look at the floor!" The leader screamed as the new recruit obeyed the command. "Infact, start dancing too!"

The aliens all watched as the leader toyed with the new recruit.

"Now! Start clucking like an Earth chicken!" Commanded the leader.

(Cough) "Erm...Sir...about the plans for destroying Earth?" One of the generals spoke up.

"Oh yea," replied the leader, as he turned from the new recruit making a sort of execution sign to the others. Soon enough two of them were dragging the new recruit away into the distance, kicking and screaming.

"Anyone else want to wake the dragon?!" Screamed the leader, "Now let's get ready to destroy this planet...and let's start with North Korea. There's some uncanny resemblance, I can't quite put my finger on, and I don't like it!"

So the aliens began to hatch their plans for destroying the Earth, starting with North Korea.

Meanwhile back on Earth the fate of the world rested on Domo. Who needed one heck of a story just to stay alive himself.

(I wish Domo's story will be convincing enough to save his life.)

edit on 15-8-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join