It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics Closing Ceremony - Live thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Are you saying that 'adult' costumes are not the norm for tv concerts? Have you ever seen the crap they feed the kids on tv?

Well it depends entirely on whether you see the latest stuff as "morally degenerate" or not. I mean, if you think that a woman in a squatting position making (allegedly) satanic symbols is "nothing wrong with that" well then what is normal?

You don't have to be religious to believe that "family" entertainment should be clean?

I still don't get how "sex" is all 18 and that, but when i got a 6 year old girl making obscene gyrations because of a music video she saw, hasn't it all become a bit farcical? No boobs allowed but watch us dry hump on stage ... but it's ONLY entertainment, so it's ok?

Bit of a rant, but i do not believe that music videos and other popular entertainment is "only what people want" ... it's gotten far too dark for it to be in any way average. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Are you saying that 'adult' costumes are not the norm for tv concerts? Have you ever seen the crap they feed the kids on tv?

Well it depends entirely on whether you see the latest stuff as "morally degenerate" or not. I mean, if you think that a woman in a squatting position making (allegedly) satanic symbols is "nothing wrong with that" well then what is normal?

You don't have to be religious to believe that "family" entertainment should be clean?

I still don't get how "sex" is all 18 and that, but when i got a 6 year old girl making obscene gyrations because of a music video she saw, hasn't it all become a bit farcical? No boobs allowed but watch us dry hump on stage ... but it's ONLY entertainment, so it's ok?

Bit of a rant, but i do not believe that music videos and other popular entertainment is "only what people want" ... it's gotten far too dark for it to be in any way average. IMHO.

Well i guess you've agreed with me, then?

I never said this stuff was ok, or even "only what people want", so i've no idea why you put that into quotation marks

If you read my posts again, you'll see that i'm clearly saying that this particular ceremony was not out of the ordinary in terms of clothing and gestures etc than most tv concerts (or music videos) shown all the time.

This thread is not about the ethics of sexualising children in general, but in the context of the Olympic Closing Ceremony.

So your rant simply confirms my position that the performances in the ceremony are pretty standard stuff within the spectrum of the crap on our tvs.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
reply to post by Starwise

edit on 13-8-2012 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

You beauty.

You know that was the only prediction I actually got wrong. They really DID dare to blow up Del boys plastic pig.
I should have guessed they'd tie it in with the Italian Job.

Actually loved Annie on her ship of souls rocking her gothy Viv Westwood look.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Oh it was completely in keeping with the latest trends, no doubt there, and we agree on much. But the latest trends, including this ceremony, are just getting darker and more off key. There's the over-sexualisation aspect of course, but other vary unsettling angles to it. Not different to the norm, but over stated. As with the MTV awards, it's like most music videos, only worse.

"Only what people want" is the most common excuse for it, not that you used that or anything similar. It's almost like: the river is full of sewerage, but it's ok 'cos it was like that yesterday

Is it not unsettling to have "occult" "dark" or even "adult" associations brought into the public, everyday consciousness? And does it "smear" the olympics to associate with these same "corporate" and "occult" messages?

I hope i'm not ranting
but this is serious stuff ... the populace is being "trained" into thinking certain ways. Or certain ideas are put forward instead of others.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The only "Tragedy" I saw was how bad the performances were. Only a few bands actually played and sang live. The majority, all lyp syncing. Milli Vanilli (sp?) woulda been proud! The entire show was pretty undewhelming.

After the horrible opening Ceremony, I thought for sure they were saving some good performances for the close. But nope, just young bands and pop stars doing horrible covers of classic songs.

I think I'm gonna go watch a replay of the Beijing opening ceremony to counter-act the rubbish I witnessed in the opening and closing ceremonies here.

Not to bring up "The LOGO" but it all ties into the "look" of these Oly's that London was shooting for, and the logo should have been a good indicator for things to come. It's easily the most hideous and stupid logo ever used in the History of the Olympics (and the color schemes used throught the games, god awful, purple/pink,yellow,teals uggghh).Back to that Logo.... I keep going back and forth from seeing ZION, to seeing Lisa Simpson on her knees doing something naught to a standing figure.

At least the games themselves were great. And everyone can finally shut up with thier predictions of Doom and gloom about. I guess Dec. 21st is the next date, whats after that? Some people will see conspiracy in everything.

I mean seeing a conspiracy in the band named "Elbow"??? Come on now that is about as reaching and as desperate as one can get

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Oh it was completely in keeping with the latest trends, no doubt there, and we agree on much. But the latest trends, including this ceremony, are just getting darker and more off key. There's the over-sexualisation aspect of course, but other vary unsettling angles to it. Not different to the norm, but over stated. As with the MTV awards, it's like most music videos, only worse.

"Only what people want" is the most common excuse for it, not that you used that or anything similar. It's almost like: the river is full of sewerage, but it's ok 'cos it was like that yesterday

Is it not unsettling to have "occult" "dark" or even "adult" associations brought into the public, everyday consciousness? And does it "smear" the olympics to associate with these same "corporate" and "occult" messages?

I hope i'm not ranting
but this is serious stuff ... the populace is being "trained" into thinking certain ways. Or certain ideas are put forward instead of others.

That's all true enough. But back to where i came in here, it's completely daft to take seriously the notion that George Michael's belt buckle may be a satanic symbol of the illuminati (or any other band of evil-doers), let alone an actual child's skull...

There was certainly something arcane and pagan about both opening and closing ceremonies, but the UK has a very long and established history of this in Art, Literature and Entertainment. If you can point put specific elements/moment that stand out i'm all ears, but George Michael's leathers and belt buckle are not, for me, signs of a tyrannical malevolent elite at work.

They're George saying 'screw you' to a tabloid frenzied mob longing to skewer his out-of-the-closet new found freedom of speech and personal, private sexual odyssey to a stake.

Time and again he's been blatantly ordered by the MSN to cease and desist his personal quest for sexual freedom and yet he comes out dressed and gyrating like the village people on the world stage. Good on you George.

It's frankly hilarious and lazy to deem him a part of TPTB, when for so long he's fought against those that would control us all and have it all their own way; the fascistic elements who once upon a time burned innocents as witches and continue to this day to tell us all how we must live by their rules alone.

Screw them.

There, you're not the only ranter here

edit on 14-8-2012 by McGinty because: elaboration

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo
reply to post by Merriman Weir

You are obviously not English.

Really? That's interesting as the conspiracy gets bigger. It says on my birth certificate that I was born in St Mary's hospital in Manchester (that's in England) in 1968. Now, as you've explained to me that my birth certificate is fake, I'm wondering which intelligence agency has faked my birth and childhood and which politician I will be made to kill once I'm 'activated' and awakened from my 'sleeper' state.

Those are the typical taxi cabs from London. Typical kind of car used in the UK for a taxi but the black one being from London....

Now this is where it gets really weird and pieces are falling into place, even if I can't see the bigger picture. My problem is, I remember seeing black cabs everywhere. In fact, I was sure I was in a queue for one earlier this afternoon and then thought better of it and walked because of the rare sunshine. I say 'rare sunshine' as this wasn't in London, but in a town just outside Manchester. The 'not being in London' bit is important here, and yet, all my life I've had memories of getting black cabs to gigs, clubs and pubs with friends. Now I know these memories aren't real because, as you've explained, these black cabs are "from London" and "typical kind of car used in the UK for a taxi". Are you telling me I'm Jason Bourne?

MY GOOODNESS SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!1

Are you English? The reason I ask is if you're in anyway familiar with English 'popular culture' you might have heard of the BBC's flagship early evening programme: EastEnders. Now, if you've watched EastEnders more than a few times, you'd have appreciated that there's a high-turn over of characters. A lot of these characters leave, often several times, because if new people came to EastEnders and never left it would be weird and soon resemble a concentration camp or a Dickensian slum with 60 people to a house. Now, to stop this being a problem for the writers, they create story-lines where actor/characters leave dramatically, often in tears or with anguish etched across their over-paid faces. Very often, this in a black cab. So often in fact, it's been mentioned many times by viewers and even actors.

Googling "bEastEnders leave taxi black cab" throws up some interesting results.

Including an ex-EastEnders actress who was relieved to have a 'leaving story-line' that didn't use a black cab:

"Well it was interesting on the boat. Well... it was better than leaving in a black cab

Maybe my 'fake memories' include more files on English popular culture than yours, I don't know.

I just wish I knew my real name and my real parents.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

George Michael is a provocateur, and may i say something of a hero since giving the media the finger regarding his sexual exploits.

I'm not gay so i'm not partisan here, but it was plain to all what a heroic rebellious answer his single 'Outside' was to the conservative press who tried to shame him for cruising toilets for men. Not my cup of tea, but i applaud his refusal to carry on the clean-image lies.

However, this is all moot. Just the assertion that his belt = illuminati/conspiracy is still not standing up. Are you saying that 'adult' costumes are not the norm for tv concerts? Have you ever seen the crap they feed the kids on tv?

I didn't say his "belt = illuminati/conspiracy" though.

This is what I said: "George Michael has a skull for a belt buckle. Is this a real skull or just symbolic."

Was George Michael wearing a skull belt buckle or not? He was, wasn't he? It was a statement of FACT. F.A.C.T!

I then asked a question - even if my hasty typing didn't include the expected 'question mark'. I didn't say I knew the answer or give a definitive interpretation. I wanted to know was the skull real. I only saw it in passing (I was eating a yoghurt) and thought it was might have been a reference to AIDs or Andrew Ridgley's disappearance. It was the kind of question anyone might ask.

You're the person 'reaching' and making the leap from belt buckle to illuminati.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Dear Merriman I can confirm you are correct and not delusional. The black cab can be seen everywhere and is not just confined to London.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

No, fair point, you didn't use that word.

This is what I said: "George Michael has a skull for a belt buckle. Is this a real skull or just symbolic."

C'mon, if that's not the daftest thing i've read here, then i'm an alien hybrid!

Was George Michael wearing a skull belt buckle or not? He was, wasn't he? It was a statement of FACT. F.A.C.T!

D.E.N.Y. I.G.N.O.R.A.N.C.E....

My friend, stop digging! We all ask a daft question now and then - there's no harm in it, but it can tend to derail a thread

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, fair point, you didn't use that word.

C'mon, if that's not the daftest thing i've read here, then i'm an alien hybrid!

D.E.N.Y. I.G.N.O.R.A.N.C.E....

My friend, stop digging! We all ask a daft question now and then - there's no harm in it, but it can tend to derail a thread

Thanks for agreeing with me. I'm glad that I wasn't the only person to be concerned with the belt buckle.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Sorry, that may have been confusing. Just to clarify, i'm not (to my knowledge) an alien hybrid, which means i was saying that i have no concern whatsoever about Mr Michael's belt buckle (long may he wear it
)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well here is my video that I produced when myself, my daughter and a friend visited London on Tues 7th Aug when Team GB won their 21st gold medal in the men's Triathlon, if nothing else enjoy.

London 2012 - Olympic Visit

My daughter loved her first ride on the London Underground.

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join