Olympics Closing Ceremony - Live thread

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

George Michael has a skull for a belt buckle. Is this a real skull or just symbolic. He's also wearing all black, including sun glasses (at night). Maybe representing the grim reaper?

I am cracking up!
George Michael the Grim Reaper???

Have you ever heard about the Grim Reaper getting banged from behind in public toilets?
Halloween parties don't count.

The skull on his belt a real skull? Was it the size of a real human skull?
Or maybe it was the skull of a lemur?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I fail to realise the sarcasm when so many people do scream 'IT WILL HAPPEN!'

I edited my last post after I read through more of your posts. Soz.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I'm sure this has been brought up already in this thread but what strange costumes:

Reminds me of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill:

Really strange imagery. It made me uncomfortable to see it.

I made the connection when it was shown live. However, the 'theme' at that moment in time was 'Pet Shop Boys' (the popular electronic combo of the 1980s and 1990s), who were playing during that segment and were part of the 'bicycle race'. The Pet Shop Boys were known for their, frankly weird, head-wear. Sometimes, conical 'dunce' hats, sometimes a variety of almost 'Devo-esque' hats, sometimes just cubes, frills and feathers and the like. Also, orange features fairly significantly in their 'branding'.

What was shown was just 'typical' Pet Shop Boys but pretty freaky if you're unfamiliar with them (aside from their very early 'hits' where they used the 'mundane' and 'boring' as a recurring theme).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Perhaps the size of a child's skull or a baby's skull. It was hard to get some perspective as I wasn't sure how big George Michael's own head was at the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by DjangoPhat

Shakespear?

Yes, you are right, I knew that "To be or not to be" is by Shakespear but I didn't know the other line was by him. I googled it and it indeed is.

It fits the English theme. Thanks for pointing out.
edit on 13-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by benn25

I didn't see it last night but it's really obvious when I look at the image now. "Bad" things yet to come? A reference to Michael Jackson and his murder? It's interesting that Jackson was about to do a large amount of gigs in London before his death. A lot of people commented on the weird, unexplainable red latex-wearing chaperones who accompanied the flag-bearings during the closing ceremony. It's hard not to think of some of Jackson's stage-wear now, in this light.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Merriman Weir because: stuff

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
its over, thanks god...im so happy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

There was also another headline printed on the floor along the lines of "Alien sends message home" or something, not the exact wording and near the start of the ceremony but I was in the pub and had a beer.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The olympic ceremony was the weirdest thing i've ever seen live on television.
Even when they did the handing over ceremony Seb Coe looked lke he'd just left a funeral and the President of the olympic committee did'nt crack a smile once.
I found the whole thing very bizzarre.... as if they were anticipating something, that did'nt happen.
No way would I have let my kids watch that, it reminded me a bit of V! Sure David Icke will have a field day with all the symbols used in that ceremony!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Perhaps the size of a child's skull or a baby's skull. It was hard to get some perspective as I wasn't sure how big George Michael's own head was at the time.

Holy crap, has it really come to this on ATS ?

Sure there was some symbolism in the show (pyramids being built and a phoenix among them), but a kiddie skull on George Michael's belt....

C'mon

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

If you were picked to do a dance or a card trick at the Olympics, would you think "I'm performing in front of children and pensioners right across the world and, you know what? What this outfit really needs is belt with a skull on it that's marginally less than adult size!"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The stadium was nuked. What we saw was a pre-recorded ceremony. Of course, all of the athletes, celebrities, musicians and politicians will still appear to be alive today. But don't be fooled, they are all reptilian imitators.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
but a kiddie skull on George Michael's belt....

If it were one of us ATS'ers suggesting that i'd have a laugh with you.

It wasn't. It was during the show that everyone tells their kiddies to aspire to.

Horrid dress sense too. Seriously, a guy who was last popular 20 years ago? And has since been disgraced many many times in various states of undress. Not really iconic anything

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Yeah he looked kinda strange definately not him harry smiles all the time perhaps his teeth the body double would of given him away, boring ceromony but gb did brilliantly well done GB.

God save the worldnot the Queen, the song should be changed, the words that is then i would sing it otherwise i never ever sing it bloody reptiles

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

poor dental hygine?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I picked up on this last night and couldn't find it on any of the forums but found a good photo on a blog.

The setup looked very similar to the sign of the freemasons, Thoughts?

Compass above
Fire as the centre
Angled stage....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I guess most people here are just grasping at straws, huh?

Trying to find connexions between outfits, music, vehicals.

NOTHING HAPPENED.

I thought, that maybe, just maybe, conspiracy theorists on ATS might have had a point with the closing ceremony.

BS.

People here grasp at straws for anything to happen.

The 'illuminati' does not play a freakin' Illuminati card game!

If they wanted people to die, they wouldn't be increasing rights like interracial marriages, women voting, gay people being legal.

Yes, governments are corrupt, but when you look at evidence, its due to the individual in power forcing his government around him to conform to his ideals, not the other way round.
edit on 13-8-2012 by voidla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

The dude never smiled once! Not in the opening, not in any interviews. Never.

They were not expecting anything.

They were trying to keep formal.

If they were known for being laid back and cheery, then great, maybe odd, or maybe they were sad the olympics was closing.

But he is not known for being generally a smiley person.

Straws.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So you're just gonna ignore the lines inside the 'D'?

Great. More straws for you

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def