It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Pertaining this video (and many others [you can search for them if you wish]), Mr Ryan in my opinion has very poor character. My opinion stands.

Yeah, well, thank goodness you only get a single vote, right? Because every indication from Ryan's colleagues on both sides of the aisle is that he is highly intelligent, well-read, very informed on budget matters, and is of very high moral character.

He graduated from Miami of Ohio, reputed to be the Harvard of the Midwest. Smart guy - Double major in Political Science and Economics. This guy is no idiot. You would do well to read the entire Ryan Plan online to better understand what it is exactly that he has been proposing.

You may disagree with his politics, but even his competition on the left have not attacked his personal character.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

Pertaining this video (and many others [you can search for them if you wish]), Mr Ryan in my opinion has very poor character. My opinion stands.

Yeah, well, thank goodness you only get a single vote, right? Because every indication from Ryan's colleagues on both sides of the aisle is that he is highly intelligent, well-read, very informed on budget matters, and is of very high moral character.

He graduated from Miami of Ohio, reputed to be the Harvard of the Midwest. Smart guy - Double major in Political Science and Economics. This guy is no idiot. You would do well to read the entire Ryan Plan online to better understand what it is exactly that he has been proposing.

You may disagree with his politics, but even his competition on the left have not attacked his personal character.

Let me ask you something, what in the world does this have to do with him humiliating a senior citizen (which was recorded on video)??? NOTHING.

Your grasping at straws, and going way off topic. To the point you need to try and discredit and attack someone else in this thread. Look at you, LOL. I'm sure other readers will agree.
edit on 14-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

No, we won't take this abuse from the left any further. If the leftist radicals that disrupted this meeting truly were sincere, they would have calmly and politely raised their hand and asked Paul Ryan a question with screaming and ranting and raving.

Leftist radical? He was a #ing 71 year old man! Even if he was a liberal, I cannot see anyway to justify why he had to be taken to the ground and handcuffed!

And, if you are so naive as to not believe that there are radical Communists in this country that want nothing more than to destroy America, you are sadly mistaken.

I actually know a couple that are self-confessed communists. They are hardcore republicans and are quite envious at their knack for propaganda. Marx could take a couple lessons from the NeoCons.

It's a classic Communist tactic.

Ok...please enlighten us all and educate us on where this "tactic" is derived from the Communist Manifesto. I'd like specifics please, since you are making such a bold claim.

Ryan did nothing wrong.

How can we expect an elected representative to look out for our best interests in DC when this man could not even take the time to address this man? If the liberals are so wrong in their ideology, and Ryan is so damned smart, he could have mopped the floor with them and schooled them properly. But no.....police intervention was needed to save the day.

I am concerned that the far left will do anything and everything to destroy this man, just like they smeared Sarah Palin. Nothing is sacred with these attacks, and they will stoop to the lowest levels to stay in power.

Like Rush Limbaugh calling that college girl a whore or the other numerous times a Republican has stuck their foot so far in their mouth that they can taste the toe jam?

You need to be very careful. You may be unknowingly labeling yourself a hypocrite.

Either we take back this country in this next election, or the radical left will send this country's fiscal situation over a cliff.

Both parties have had a hand in pushing this nation over the cliff. Don't be so dumb as to follow the piper down the road to ruin just because you like his tune.

The left in this country actively promotes Marxist policies. To think otherwise is either naive, or just plain ill informed.

If I was a betting man, which I am, I would be willing to bet that you don't even know a damned thing about Marxism and throw that word around because you heard somebody smarter than you using the word.

Judging by your past reference to Marxist tactics, my assumption would be right on the ball.

Have you even read any communist material?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

Let me ask you something, what in the world does this have to do with him humiliating a senior citizen (which was recorded on video)??? NOTHING.

You're right.

I read that. Then I read it again. What an odd post.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No, you attacked Paul Ryan's character on this thread, not me. I was simply pointing out that even his political opponents haven't done so. Ryan has a sterling reputation for being of sound character according to colleagues on both sides of the aisle that have worked with him closely during his time in office.

Again, Ryan continues to get re-elected every 2 years in a district that is primarily Democratic. If he is of such "bad" character as you suggest, why does he get re-elected so often?

You also categorically are making a snap judgment on Ryan's character from a single YouTube video. As I stated earlier, most smart voters look at the politician's record, history, education, etc. before making snap judgments.

Leftist radical? He was a #ing 71 year old man! Even if he was a liberal, I cannot see anyway to justify why he had to be taken to the ground and handcuffed!

If Ryan were President Obama, I can assure you that the police would have arrested this vocal agitator under the same circumstances.

You simply cannot make hostile, threatening, angry remarks at a private speaking event with a major national politician and not expect to get arrested. Good grief.

Ok...please enlighten us all and educate us on where this "tactic" is derived from the Communist Manifesto. I'd like specifics please, since you are making such a bold claim.

Political agitation. Read Marx's Manifesto for yourself. He lays out the tactics quite clearly. It's not my job to be your teacher. Sorry.

How can we expect an elected representative to look out for our best interests in DC when this man could not even take the time to address this man?

Why should any politician address a heckler, especially one that is ranting, raving, screaming, and is clearly out of control?

If only for safety reasons alone, Ryan was right to not engage in further discussion with this raving lunatic, lest this nut case further threaten Ryan's safety.

You need to be very careful. You may be unknowingly labeling yourself a hypocrite.

No, the liberal bias in the media is far worse.

If I was a betting man, which I am, I would be willing to bet that you don't even know a damned thing about Marxism and throw that word around because you heard somebody smarter than you using the word. Judging by your past reference to Marxist tactics, my assumption would be right on the ball. Have you even read any communist material?

Sorry, I don't gamble. And I wouldn't encourage others to do so either - It's against my personal ethos. Too bad, because it might have been a fun discussion to compare intellectual pursuits and prowess, eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No, you attacked Paul Ryan's character on this thread, not me. I was simply pointing out that even his political opponents haven't done so. Ryan has a sterling reputation for being of sound character according to colleagues on both sides of the aisle that have worked with him closely during his time in office.

Again, Ryan continues to get re-elected every 2 years in a district that is primarily Democratic. If he is of such "bad" character as you suggest, why does he get re-elected so often?

You also categorically are making a snap judgment on Ryan's character from a single YouTube video. As I stated earlier, most smart voters look at the politician's record, history, education, etc. before making snap judgments.

If Ryan were President Obama, I can assure you that the police would have arrested this vocal agitator under the same circumstances.

You simply cannot make hostile, threatening, angry remarks at a private speaking event with a major national politician and not expect to get arrested. Good grief.

Political agitation. Read Marx's Manifesto for yourself. He lays out the tactics quite clearly. It's not my job to be your teacher. Sorry.

How can we expect an elected representative to look out for our best interests in DC when this man could not even take the time to address this man?

Why should any politician address a heckler, especially one that is ranting, raving, screaming, and is clearly out of control?

If only for safety reasons alone, Ryan was right to not engage in further discussion with this raving lunatic, lest this nut case further threaten Ryan's safety.

No, the liberal bias in the media is far worse.

If I was a betting man, which I am, I would be willing to bet that you don't even know a damned thing about Marxism and throw that word around because you heard somebody smarter than you using the word. Judging by your past reference to Marxist tactics, my assumption would be right on the ball. Have you even read any communist material?

Sorry, I don't gamble. And I wouldn't encourage others to do so either - It's against my personal ethos. Too bad, because it might have been a fun discussion to compare intellectual pursuits and prowess, eh?

If you're going to debate, at least make some sense. You sir, throughout this thread, pointed at, and highly suggested that this video was made out of propaganda coming from opposing teams. Now you're saying they think he has high moral character.

Please. Just stop posting. You're hurting your cause more than helping.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

If you're going to debate, at least make some sense. You sir, throughout this thread, pointed at, and highly suggested that this video was made out of propaganda coming from opposing teams. Now you're saying they think he has high moral character. Please. Just stop posting. You're hurting your cause more than helping.

Nice try at obfuscation. Clearly, you are not reading my posts.

Colleagues on Capitol Hill give rave reviews to Congressman Ryan on both sides of the aisle. They commend his intelligence, and his character. They may, however, strongly disagree with his political positions.

Don't twist my words. This was clearly an orchestrated attack against a prominent politician by the far left radicals in the Democratic Party. This is an election year. Of course, this is a propaganda video to smear Ryan.

The only one hurting a "cause" is yourself. Your "cause" is quite transparent. You don't have a candidate with a winning platform, the economy is in the toilet, so all the left can do is smear the other side. Don't worry. We can see right through you.

Can't wait until November. Until then, let the mud slinging continue.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If you're going to debate, at least make some sense. You sir, throughout this thread, pointed at, and highly suggested that this video was made out of propaganda coming from opposing teams. Now you're saying they think he has high moral character. Please. Just stop posting. You're hurting your cause more than helping.

Nice try at obfuscation. Clearly, you are not reading my posts.

Colleagues on Capitol Hill give rave reviews to Congressman Ryan on both sides of the aisle. They commend his intelligence, and his character. They may, however, strongly disagree with his political positions.

Don't twist my words. This was clearly an orchestrated attack against a prominent politician by the far left radicals in the Democratic Party. This is an election year. Of course, this is a propaganda video to smear Ryan.

The only one hurting a "cause" is yourself. Your "cause" is quite transparent. You don't have a candidate with a winning platform, the economy is in the toilet, so all the left can do is smear the other side. Don't worry. We can see right through you.

Can't wait until November. Until then, let the mud slinging continue.

You like to argue, not debate. Again, nothing, absolutely nothing you posted has to do with what is on video. You want to know why he gets voted in office so often? Because corps love him. The military industry loves him, I wonder why? As far as being for the people, he is far from it.

What's your agenda? You obviously are quite scared Mr Ryan is being put in a bad light, even though your so positive that members from both sides loveeeee him. Or are you afraid the bushes are burning faster than you can put them out? LOL.

As you've said in your previous post, at least you only have one vote.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And what does this have to do with Paul Ryan and what happened to the old man?

I wanted to add that I believe Geitner worked for the Treasury Dept. and the very end of Reagan's term in 1988.
edit on 14-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

My point on Geithner was just a side note that Young Turk spun the story a bit out of whack. But what's new with Progressives?
It's laughable that you are trying to make him out to be some kind of conservative or neocon. Just look at his career and you will know that he is not conservative by any stretch of the imagination, although he does seem to have had his career jumpstarted under the umbrella of Kissinger. He was in University during the Reagan era.

After graduation from Dartmouth, Geithner attended the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, where he earned a master's degree in International Economics and East Asian Studies in 1985. Geithner married his college girlfriend, Carole Marie Sonnenfeld, that same year at his parents' summer home in East Orleans, Massachusetts. She was working as a research associate for Common Cause, a public-affairs lobbying group in Washington, D.C., at the time. Geithner began work as a consultant for Kissinger and Associates in Washington, D.C., soon after.

Geithner worked as a consultant until 1988, when he joined the International Affairs division of the Treasury Department as an assistant financial attache for the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo. He held several jobs during his tenure at the Treasury, and was the first career civil servant to be appointed to the position of Under Secretary of International Affairs in 1998. In this post, he worked under Secretaries Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers during President Clinton's administration. He was a principal adviser and member of the executive branch's senior team.

Geithner moved to the International Monetary Fund in 2001 as director of the Policy Development and Review Department. In this role, he approved the fund's financial programs and worked on its crisis management.

He worked for the New York Fed during the Bush Jr era

He assumed his position as the ninth president and chief executive officer of the New York Federal Reserve Bank on November 17th, 2003. He served as the vice chairman and permanent member of the Federal Open Market Committee, the group responsible for formulating the nation's monetary policy and determining the national interest rate.

In this post, he played a key role in responding to the financial crisis, working closely with Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and the chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke. Geithner was involved in many of the most pivotal financial decisions of 2008, including the rescue of one of the largest global investment banks

On November 25, 2008, he accepted president-elect Barack Obama's nomination to serve as the Secretary of the Treasury in his cabinet.

www.biography.com...
But then we know the Globalists are on both teams.

Furthermore, the woman he married worked at Common Cause, which although was founded by a Republican, wikipedia has this to say about it

It is described as liberal by such news organizations as The Washington Post, The New York Times, Newsweek, TIME, and USA Today.[8][9][10][11][12] Common Cause regularly participates in the National Conference for Media Reform[13]
Common Cause focuses on five broad issues: campaign finance reform, election reform, ethics in government, government accountability, and the media. It also weighs in on health care, environmental, and defense topics.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's laughable that you are trying to make him out to be some kind of conservative or neocon.

I said nothing of the sort! You made the explicit claim that he was not passed down from the Republicans, and that he was a product of the Democrats.

Don't take my word as gospel....here's what you said:

Turk is in error about Geithner though, he says Geithner was left over from Repubs when in fact Geithner was with Bill Clinton admin

But in fact his first job in any administration was under Reagan.

So how is it that I simply point out the facts and you think that I am trying to make him out to be conservative? That makes no sense. I just pointed out that he worked for the Reagan admin.

Furthermore, the woman he married worked at Common Cause, which although was founded by a Republican, wikipedia has this to say about it

Honestly, I have no clue what Commen Cause is, but the fact that you had to premept the Wikipedia quote with "although was founded by a Republican", means that you were bracing yourself for all out premeditated hypocrisy!

Sorry, give me a sec................

I damn near crap myself laughing!

You win!

edit on 15-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I said nothing of the sort! You made the explicit claim that he was not passed down from the Republicans, and that he was a product of the Democrats.

Noooo I refuted Turks charge that he was a leftover from Republicans. It was clearly a misrepresentation on his part.

I never even heard of Common Cause till I googled Geithner tonight, but I found it an interesting tidbit. And please by all means go ahead and c%&( yourself if it makes you feel better. One thing I will say is that you and others attacking Ryan is clearly not because you have realized that he is some kind of evil globalist capitalist granny pusher over the cliff, but a republican opponent. The media spin and everyone here bashing him is a predictable product of Establishment manipulation.
Furthermore, I happen to understand that evil people have a habit of taking over an organization from within. Just look at the example of the Illuminati infiltrating the Freemasons.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And then there's Bill Maher's demaning behavior

Bill Maher?
Who the # is Bill Maher that he fits in this conversation?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Bill Maher?

I was just pointing out obvious examples of celebrities who make rude remarks and thus pointing out the hypocrisy. Sorry you didn't make that connection and I had to explain it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Bill Maher?

I was just pointing out obvious examples of celebrities who make rude remarks and thus pointing out the hypocrisy.

How is that hypocrisy? Comedians and elected officials are the same to you? You were not giving examples of celebrities. You listed the president and one comedian. Where is Ted Nugent?

Sorry you didn't make that connection and I had to explain it.

You need to explain it again because at the moment what you gave me sounds really stupid.

Elected official making joke live to a person about a person = a comedian telling a joke out the jokees presence??????
edit on 15-8-2012 by nunyadammm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Bill Maher?

Maher put $1 million into a SuperPAC that supports Obama.

And he was involved in that "Romney killed my wife" debacle.

Look it all up since it's off topic here.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So what?
When he is an elected official saying #ty things to his constituents face, then call me back.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Debate - The ability to express views and opinions without becoming emotional combative with the opponent.

I'm actually sorry I started the thread, I thank all trolls for helping us decide to keep our opinions to ourselves. Good Job.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Bill Maher?

Dont mind him, they are clearly grasping at more straws. They conveniently forget Mr. Ryan is the one being recommended for VP. Lol.

Mr Ryan might or might not be a neocon, but he sure is disrespectful (in this video), and I'll take it a step further by calling him a hypocrit.

Mr Ryan wants to raise taxes for the middle class, while lowering taxes for corps/big business (his reasoning is, they create jobs.. And we've all seen where the jobs went). On top of that he wants to reduce govt spending in most areas, yet wants to increase spending in military). Mr ryan is pro war (he was a heavy backer for both of our most recent wars. Has he not learned from the past 10 years where that has gotten us?) he practically begged for tarp, and voted for the patriot act each time it came up). This man also wants to raise the retirment age on all citizens, while taking away what they need to have at least a little security, many peoples livlihoods are on the line (not the rich folks tho).

This is all fact by the way. But, this topic is not about his politics, as some posters want to make it seem (looks around thread..haha) this topic is about how poorly he handled a situation with a concerned and disgruntled senior citizen by making a distasteful joke.

To make it short, he displayed nothing and is showing nothing that could be considered 'for the common man', but who cares right? Big business loves him.
edit on 15-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So an edited video (please do not read into this as a lover of any politician) is considered okay? No one else cares that the poster of the video cut and edited the video? I guess if it fits your narrative it is okay.

The gentleman was out of line. The response was also, in the context of the video that the OP provided. The joke is unknown to context given the edited video.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join