It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Alxandro

I wouldn't be surprised if the old man is an Obama plant and the whole incident was intentionally planned.

Then how does that account for Ryan's joke - was he in on it to? Ryan stood there and watched this senior citizen get cuffed and dropped to the floor, just for asking a question. Then he cruelly joked about him, "I hope he took his blood-pressure medication, HA HA". That Obama must have worked some serious mojo on him to get Ryan to behave like a boor at his own rotary club meeting.

As I posted before, Kerry stood around pretending to be nice while that college kid got tased. Did Kerry stop it from happening? Nope. It was just a big show for him.

Kerry was just as bad, but the difference here is, he didn't make condescending remarks.. aka. rub salt on the wound.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wouldn't be surprised if the old man is an Obama plant and the whole incident was intentionally planned.

Plant or no plant, Mr Ryan showed his true colors in it. If he was a man of good character, this plant would have had nothing on him.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

They aren't the mouth breathers just aren't bright enough to figure that out yet. They have yet to figure out that Democrats aren't afraid of Ryan that he was the pick they wanted. He was the fight they have been itching to fight, because his extreme stance on social issues assures the ticket won't get women, minorities and has now cost Romney scores of elderly. The dumbest move you could make was put Paul aka Captain Obstruction aka Dr. No Ryan on the ticket. So now the President gets to run against a spineless Romney that will be the rubberstamp for the most unpopular Congress since it's inception and his running mate the arguable head of the most unpopular Congress ever.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by CalebRight14

Did you even read what I wrote, I am not speaking for the elderly. The guy is misguided because he believes something that is not true.

Yes I did.

You are speaking directly for this man saying he is misguided in what he believes.

You don't know the full extent of what he believes or why he chose to act when and how he did.

Thanks for the advice Roy, maybe one last try.

I am saying he's misguided because he was upset about Ryan speaking to entitlements. I can make a very educated guess on what he believes, based off his outrage and his statements. He believes, that Paul Ryan plans to take away some of his benefits. This is not true, hence, he is misguided.

You see, I live in a world, where I base my opinions and arguments off facts, and actions. I have seen this man's actions, and I can look up the facts, of what Ryan is actually proposing. I can then see that this man, has no cause for concern. He however, believes he does, hence his anger and statements. I can logically assume, that he does not know what Ryan has actually proposed.

I do not need to be his age to understand why he is upset, because, he told me why he was upset. If you missed it, I'd advise watching the video again.

I am not speaking for him, I am stating he doesn't know Ryan's plan.
edit on 13-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalebRight14

I am saying he's misguided because he was upset about Ryan speaking to entitlements.

I know what you said. It's how you said it.

As an actual bona fide senior citizen - - - you can imagine this hits home. I do not agree he is misguided.

However - - Sorry - done - - should have U2U'd you instead.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I understand that Ryan was a good choice that would solidify the Left's base and to tear away some of us disgruntled Republicans...but I am not going to vote Obama.

Damn it! I want someone to vote for! I am so sick and tired of not having a GOOD choice for president!

And I get so tired of the constant bull# rhetoric from my fellow Republicans. Everything is "Pelosi, Saul Alinsky, Bernie Sanders, homosexuals and Obama is Satan"!

It's like trying to build a better country with guys you kinda agree with, but they haven't even learned that you can't build it using Legos.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Damn it! I want someone to vote for! I am so sick and tired of not having a GOOD choice for president!

I hear you on this im still bent that people were dumb enough to not vote Perot.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The guy broke a rule. You are allowed to agree with a right wing conservative, but you are not allowed to disagree. right wingers do well with a fawning crowd, but not so well if its not a hand picked audience and someone asks a question or makes a point that diverges from the party line. That's why they don't allow it and you have things like loyalty oaths, "private" town hall meetings, etc. Why do you think Rush has like a two minute tape delay? Because if someone gets through with a reality based critique, he melts like the witch in the wizard of Oz. Pretty much all of them do. To be fair, some dems are also guilty of this, the guy who Kerry had tasered comes to mind when he just wanted to ask a question. We are supposed to listen but not really to think.
edit on 13-8-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The 71 year old's tone was threatening, loud, and aggressive. The video doesn't show us what this belligerent man had to say when he was removed from the auditorium. Perhaps he made a further threat - which would have lead to the handcuffs. We do not know from the video.

(Not only that, but if this guy's complaining about Medicare benefits being cut, he is way out of line because the Ryan Plan would keep his Medicare intact, as it would for anyone 55 or older.)

You simply cannot walk into an auditorium and start screaming in a threatening manner at a political candidate running for one of the highest offices of the land.

Guy came across as a loose cannon full of anger and hatred. Police were proper in arresting him. End of story.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I watched the video and it looks like they took him away before giving Ryan a chance to respond. The blood pressure remark was in bad taste, though. AND he could've stopped security to listen to what the man had to say. Oh, dang, Ryan...

Yeah, Ryan showed total unconcern for a concerned citizen. Very bad karma, man, just showed disconnect and disrespect.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09
The 71 year old's tone was threatening, loud, and aggressive. The video doesn't show us what this belligerent man had to say when he was removed from the auditorium. Perhaps he made a further threat - which would have lead to the handcuffs. We do not know from the video.

actually the video is quite clear, when he was grasped by the forearms, he looked a bit shocked, beaten, and bemused...This was not a man bent on making an incident, this was a man who heard what we all heard, that the 'problem is entitlements'. He popped off no different than the rest of us with a backbone would have done, 'hold on, .....(insert argument).'

(Not only that, but if this guy's complaining about Medicare benefits being cut, he is way out of line because the Ryan Plan would keep his Medicare intact, as it would for anyone 55 or older.)

The old man (dang i wish we had his name, demeaning just referring him to as 'old man') said, 'i paid into it' that is social security, you pay for medicare, you pay into social security.

You simply cannot walk into an auditorium and start screaming in a threatening manner at a political candidate running for one of the highest offices of the land.

Hmm, you just said, 'we didn't see what he did outside, he could have such and such'....well, you don't have video of him before, he could have been sitting there quietly listening attentively, nor do you know he just walked he, could have paid his hard earned money for a plate.....Can't have that both ways.

Guy came across as a loose cannon full of anger and hatred. Police were proper in arresting him. End of story.

That is what you define as a 'loose cannon'.....wow, i am impressed, he was no way a loose cannon, he was loud, but not aggressive, he wasn't flaying around in a threatening manner, he was stressing his point in an emotional way. As most would when they are retired, they have nothing left because their 401K got stripped by the wall street guys, the bankers, the government allowing them all to do it. You reach 70 years old with one last life line left, and tell me how you would react.....Thank you for your input
edit on 13-8-2012 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
As most would when they are retired, they have nothing left because their 401K got stripped by the wall street guys, the bankers, the government allowing them all to do it. You reach 70 years old with one last life line left, and tell me how you would react.....

Uh yep!

It's not like you didn't work hard all your life - - - or frittered away money - - instead of putting it into a 401K for retirement and/or other investments. And as you say the 401Ks became "piggy banks with pennys" - after all the wall street/banker/gov shenanigans.

Medicare is constantly being attacked. And I'm suppose to trust this guy - - who makes cracks about blood pressure medicine? Uh NO!

Oh - - and it doesn't affect me because I'm in the "golden pocket" of the "safe years". Don't look at the man behind the curtain.

So those who will be coming along 10 years behind me - - - who have also worked all their lives - - saved for retirement etc - - - get screwed - - - and I'm not suppose to care - - because? It doesn't affect me.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I find the actions of the VP nominee beyond disgusting! That older gentleman worked hard for the better part of his life. Anyone with compassion would know that at his age, he may be getting a little foggy,or is very set in his ways. To say the least, at his age, he deserved to be heard, and I don't think he deserved to be roughed up the way he was by the policemen on sight. I am curious if this man was a war veteran?
If he is, it would be even more disgusting.

Mr. VP I would love to see how you would feel if someone paid your Father the same respect you paid him!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

And yes, It is a glimpse into the future if this clown and his boss gets elected.........

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoshoniwolf
I find the actions of the VP nominee beyond disgusting! That older gentleman worked hard for the better part of his life.

It isn't even really about this one incident to me.

This incident shows the attitude of this Republican party.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Domo1
Meh. Joke didnt strike me as being in poor taste. I dont think it was intended as an age joke. More an anger joke. You cant have a nice little chat every time some jackaninny decides to get loud and speak out of turn. The gentleman could have waited for the Q and A and been respectful.

do you really love the gop so much that you dont care if they kick some old guys ass and make fun of him and then arrest him for no reason at all?

edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

Yes, they do. It's sad, isn't it? Someone said he would be Ayn Rand as vp, now how freaking scary is that? Have you read some of her journals? The woman thought a serial killer was the perfect "Superman" because he was without conscience. This is exactly the doctrine of Satanism.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver
Someone said he would be Ayn Rand as vp, now how freaking scary is that? Have you read some of her journals? The woman thought a serial killer was the perfect "Superman" because he was without conscience. This is exactly the doctrine of Satanism.

I have no respect for anyone who hold Ayn Rand in high esteem.

She was the most self-centered - self-important - self-indulgent person I've ever read about.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
You're right that not a lot of young people take them but they still do.

Something is very wrong with that sentence.

People on here are making the assumption that he was taking a shot at the man because of his age when we all know we'd say something to the same thing,

I would not say the same thing. I would never tell someone in their 20's to make sure they took their BP medication. That would not occur to me to do.

An intense moment can be easily averted with a quick joke and that is what he did.

How so? I do not see any diffusing being done by a joke. I see police diffusing the situation and a joke made at his expense. You can defend Ryan to me all you want. It is those old people that vote so much you have to convince.

In regards to your last statement I'm just not sure what you are trying to imply...yes his statement about BP medication was specific but to what?

Did you have trouble reading what I wrote? The specific part was his. I wrote that last time too.

That he was angry and needed to take it or to his age?

That he must have had some to take.

Also, why would he make an old person joke in front of old people

The same reason he thinks cutting off their medicare funding in order to help private insurance profit more is a good idea for the people of America. He is a right wing ideologue and kind of an idiot.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm
He is a right wing ideologue and kind of an idiot.

I'd have to say he IS an idiot (Mr Ryan, not the person you were replying to.. although that seems to be a slight possibility also).

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by morethanyou

Originally posted by morethanyou

Jeez, i rarely lose my cool over words.. but, when he cracked that blood pressure joke i literally wanted to punch him in the face.. im ready to leave this country. Anyone outside the U.S. lookin for a roomate? Im not sure how much more of this i can put up with.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

China, Iran or DPNK will take you I'm sure. Pack up and fk off.

Stop yapping and go already if you don't like it. To much yap not enough moving vans.

Go, go now. You look like a fool if you don't go now. Seriously, get on it.

Please not to Canada though OK? we don't want you.

When you go to a function to LISTEN to a talker, shut the f up. Or get face planted into the carpet and drug off like a common criminal.

Your choice right?

Now get packing.

Oh BTW, just saying.

Rofl!!! You mad bro? Haha jesus, that cracked me up so bad. Thanks for that. Btw, what section of the government do you work for? Just wanna be sure to thank them for stickin you with the forum rage funnies. Good stuff.

LOL< no not mad "bro"

You just claimed your ready to go, but have not packed yet. Seems absurd to me "bro"

There is only one place youd go if you punched someone in the face, thats Jail. Bro.

OH BTW, just saying.

Considering i make a living off punching people in the face, id have to disagree. And how do you know im not packed? There you go assuming things again. Im not gonna play this back and forth tit for tat with you though. Anyone who thinks its ok to silence and manhandle a senior citizen for speaking out on something hes been working for his entire life, and someone wants to take it from him, is not worth my time. One day when youre ready to retire, and they tell you you cant have what youve worked a life time for, i hope youre gagged, slammed to the ground, handcuffed and taken to jail. Cause i mean.. who cares if you slaved a 9 to 5 for 50+ years only to get shafted.. right??

Na. I dont buy your BS.
Considering i make a living off punching people in the face ' LMAO. Do you like the band tool?

Lets see what I did learn . Your looking for a roommate, AKA rents and does not own a house.

Leaving your country? just a little bag of junk on the bus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,right?

There is a name for this, it starts with a capitol L

Considering you are make a living off punching people in the face, I better shut up and hide my social security.

The old man yapped off out of turn, just like you, and he got put down for it. Its just.

Oh BTW, just saying.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by texasgirl
I watched the video and it looks like they took him away before giving Ryan a chance to respond. The blood pressure remark was in bad taste, though. AND he could've stopped security to listen to what the man had to say. Oh, dang, Ryan...

Yeah, Ryan showed total unconcern for a concerned citizen. Very bad karma, man, just showed disconnect and disrespect.

No. A mealy mouthed big mouth got put in his place. When that happens, we make jokes.Thats how it is.

Oh BTW, just saying.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join