It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by pointr97

I does not matter really if this happened 10 years ago. Paul Ryan did nothing wrong but you are trying to show he did. The police did nothing wrong but could they have tried a little more decorum, maybe, but sorry, this guy did not raise his hand and ask for interaction.

edit on 12-8-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Just going to stop you right there......'raise his hand and ask for interaction'.....because, yes, we are in sixth grade. The rest of your contentions are destroyed by this one comment. But hey, at least you raised your hand to make y our point.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

That makes him a ballsy patriot in my book

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by bacci0909
Not that this is surprising.. but what the hell? They cuffed the guy? Isn't Paul Ryan an elected representative of the people? Isn't that supposed to mean he works for us? Shouldn't that mean we can ask him questions? Granted the old man didn't practice much class in his approach, but the fact that his behavior would warrant an arrest of some kind makes it blatantly obvious that it's us vs. them. Makes me want to go cause some trouble

Yah did you say the same thing about the Don't Tase me Bro guy who interrupted Kerry?

Absolutely, why wouldn't I? 'Don't tase me bro' displays the oligarchy just as well. Probably even better. What's your point exactly?

edit on 13-8-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nuclear12346

The intellectual majority must live on through the Democratic party.

I'm going to assume that you didn't actually just post that.

I'm going to assume this as hard as I can.

Because I know that you can't call the democratic party "Intellectual" since they are basically controlled by the same interests that brought us the Republican Party.

link   
A second look at that vid shows the guy started screaming right after Ryan said the words, "entitlement programs". The guy started screaming about his Social Security which really isn't in the same category as such things as welfare and food stamps or other programs which would be considered entitlements.
Social Security has been in trouble for a long time and what are we doing about it? Spending us into oblivion with Obamacare really isn't helping and people need to get a grip.

link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I does not matter really if this happened 10 years ago. Paul Ryan did nothing wrong but you are trying to show he did. The police did nothing wrong but could they have tried a little more decorum, maybe, but sorry, this guy did not raise his hand and ask for interaction. He started yelling. It was not the platform. Good for him but it got him arrested. It would and should get anyone arrested. If you keep it real be ready for the consequence and that may be jail.

and if you think Paul Ryan sold your medicare and all the other state funded programs you should wake yourself. That was lost a long time ago and is only used as a tactic to scare old people, The US as a country is not what is was and I have seen nothing in the last 3 years that shows there is light at the end of the tunnel in either party after all of the promises that were made.

As far as blood pressure medicine, I would think it was based on age and how red his face was. We can see hypertension...sometimes a woman is just a bitch but if you want to blame it on PMS go for it.

edit on 12-8-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

You are correct when you say 'The US as a country is not what is was'

It's the same thinking and logic that you have (and many people in the US) that make us, US Citizens, not/can not stand up and fight for our rights. With this mentality, you would rather sit at home hiding behind your computer accepting the treatment/punishment(s) given, instead of speaking up and questioning things that don't seem right.

Again. Disgusted.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Just going to stop you right there......'raise his hand and ask for interaction'.....because, yes, we are in sixth grade. The rest of your contentions are destroyed by this one comment. But hey, at least you raised your hand to make y our point.

I don't think a sixth grader would be so immature. Most would wait until after the speech to raise concerns. This kid was only there to make trouble. Why defend? Pretend I could just black out your posts if I didn't like them. You wouldn't be able to say a thing. That's what the old gentleman was doing. Now it doesnt matter if you agree with what he was saying or not. It is not OK to blot out another's views/speech because you're mad, even if you're right.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Well thanks for your reply. Let me ask you this? Did Kerry being nicey nice change how the cops treated the guy? I didn't think so.

Right now I'm seeing a bunch of left-leaners griping at the one person who stood up to the menace-in-chief. Is anyone surprised at the hatred going toward Ryan for proprosing a conservative plan?
edit on 13-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
my knee jerk reaction is... "this man has courage for standing up for what he believes in, good on him"

my next thought was ... "Paul Ryan must have been cringing inside because this hurts his PR"
which led me to....
the more I thought about how ruthless the game of politics is, the more I can accept.... "the 71 yr old could have just as well been paid by Ryan's opposition to hurt his PR (public relations)"

Whatever the case is, Ryan held no tact or honor in his egotistically enthused joke. Shame on him and those that support this.

bingo!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Huh? I'm failing to understand what you're getting at.. Do you think I'm blaming Paul Ryan? I'm not. It's our society as a whole that's allowed this country to become one of serfs and their rulers. And I would have said the same no matter who was at the podium. It was just this particular instance that made me further realize it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Ohhh I get it. You're hung up on the right/left thing and assume I am as well. Took me a minute. It's just been a while since I gave a drip about whether the elite scum on a video was an "R" or a "D". Whatever

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I don't think a sixth grader would be so immature. Most would wait until after the speech to raise concerns. This kid was only there to make trouble. Why defend? Pretend I could just black out your posts if I didn't like them. You wouldn't be able to say a thing. That's what the old gentleman was doing. Now it doesnt matter if you agree with what he was saying or not. It is not OK to blot out another's views/speech because you're mad, even if you're right.

Interesting point you make about blacking out my posts if you wished, but it is my thread, so if you blacked out my posts, there would not be a thread for you to post in. The post I responded to was posted, no one blacked it out, it is there to be read by all. how can you associate the old man popping off to an elected representative and being drug away to me reposting a quote stopping at the point the poster gets juvenile?

It amazes me that the conservative political trolls will scream about how everything is normal and right according to the constitution, but at the same time split hairs to show when infringing on civil rights is the correct thing.

Sorry, but he did nothing illegal, nothing immoral, if you disagree, prove your point, he might have been rude, but then let's see, the entire city of New York is guilty of that, do you have anything better to show why he should have been treated to that level?

Tell you what, show your grandfather that video, and tell me what he thinks.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wasn't going to vote to Romney in any event. Now my reasons to not vote for him have increased exponentially.

The last thing we need leading this country (in 2nd position) is a prick who refuses to hear the people, who makes a joke when a concerned citizen is shut up for expressing his point of view, and then when taken down, handcuffed, and led away by the free speech suppression unit, acts like it's just the normal way of things in the U.S.A.!

Ho Hum, nothing to see. Nothing to hear. Just too busy enjoying the sound of his own voice to give a damn about the 99%. Little people who dare to speak out of turn, this is what you'll get in Ryan's Amerika for opening your pie hole!
edit on 8/13/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Ohhh I get it. You're hung up on the right/left thing and assume I am as well. Took me a minute. It's just been a while since I gave a drip about whether the elite scum on a video was an "R" or a "D". Whatever

I see people attacking a conservative is what I see. I know people here like to say they do not care about left and right but I think that's baloney. I have seen more than my share of people complaining that the Tea Party disrupted Democrat Town Halls and how horrible they are but now the shoe is on the other foot. Many people here support OWS but not the Tea Party, so forgive me for noticing when people here attack a conservative the minute he's declared a running mate. It's so predictable.
It's especially ludicrous for all the Ron Paul supporters to yell and attack Ryan and make all kinds of claims that Ron Paul could destroy Ryan in a debate, when Ryan is probably closer to the Ron Paul economic ideal than most.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Now you are calling conservatives political trolls for having an opinion here? The whole "troll" thing just gets so boring and predictable. It's so boring and predictable for people here to attack the running mate of Romney too. It shows me that people are not ready to stop the entitlement gravy train even if it's needed to bring the country back to equilibrium.

I thought it would be useful to note that the media is already lambasting him ruthlessly as well. Why should it be any different for liberals here?

newsbusters.org...

Who would you prefer to replace someone like Joe Biden as VP?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Now you are calling conservatives political trolls for having an opinion here? The whole "troll" thing just gets so boring and predictable. It's so boring and predictable for people here to attack the running mate of Romney too. It shows me that people are not ready to stop the entitlement gravy train even if it's needed to bring the country back to equilibrium.

Actually, the majority of 'attacks' (they're really observations and comments), are due directly to Mr Ryan's action/non-action pertaining the situation in the video.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
looks like the "shut up" goes to all.

too bad, I like to listen to my elders, they usually are right having seen plenty of dumbasses like MR. Ryan come and go.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

Actually, the majority of 'attacks' (they're really observations and comments), are due directly to Mr Ryan's action/non-action pertaining the situation in the video.

No, it is a predictable response that I see here all the time whenever someone posts people being dragged out of somewhere by cops, and it was done ad nauseum during the Occupy protests. I also noticed that the person who uploaded the vid onto YouTube has an account name that sound like Wisconsin Labor protest movement. Why am I not surprised?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
To the original post and OP. They can be get what they give. I wonder how a full brawl would look to the campaign. Some areas of the country would have reacted as such to witnessing such abuse. People are about fed up with this strong arm bullsnap.
edit on 13-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep

No, it is a predictable response that I see here all the time whenever someone posts people being dragged out of somewhere by cops, and it was done ad nauseum during the Occupy protests. I also noticed that the person who uploaded the vid onto YouTube has an account name that sound like Wisconsin Labor protest movement. Why am I not surprised?

Wait.. are you discounting the fact that the guy made a rude joke about an older man who might possibly have a condition?? Wha..wha...whattttt????? LOL.

You're trying to turn this into a Repub vs Demo argument, and it's not. Sure, there are some who like Mr Ryan, as there are those who don't like him. Regardless, it's still unacceptable as a servant of the people, and actually.. it's unacceptable in many organizations to act unprofessionally such as Mr Ryan has.

Everytime you post about liberals, demos, or repubs in this post (in the manner you are referring), you are OFF TOPIC. So please, STAY ON TOPIC and don't derail the thread further.

And to add. Look at him for the way he treated someone, don't look at his politics. Okay?
edit on 13-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join