It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71-year-old taken to the ground for questioning Paul Ryan

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by acidsweep

Ive won many debates on and off the camera and I use facts just like Ron Paul does and Ron Paul would defeat Paul ryan in a heartbeat.

I have no doubt in my mind Ron Paul would slaughter Paul Ryan in a debate, he'd mop the floor with Romney & Obama put together too!

and still the general public and msm would ignore ron paul.

yeah, it's a shame.

Going back on topic, Ryan's ridicule of the old man was uncalled for, and to me, with that display, shows that he's not for or with the people (other reasons too of course); but, pertaining to the OP's video, Mr Ryan did not embrace the public.. he shoved us away.
edit on 12-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Ive won many debates on and off the camera and I use facts just like Ron Paul does and Ron Paul would defeat Paul ryan in a heartbeat.

I have no doubt in my mind Ron Paul would slaughter Paul Ryan in a debate, he'd mop the floor with Romney & Obama put together too!

and still the general public and msm would ignore ron paul.

yeah, it's a shame.

Going back on topic, Ryan's ridicule of the old man was uncalled for, and to me, with that display, shows that he's not for or with the people (other reasons too of course); but, pertaining to the OP's video, Mr Ryan did not embrace the public.. he shoved us away.

Thank you for bringing us back on topic. I don't believe the man was a plant, the emotion in his face was to telling. I don't believe that the cops handled the situation in a professional manner, and you would think that after all these events, they would start watching what they do. You know, with all the cameras running, they would be more aware that what they do will be caught on tape. Last, I think did worse by what his reaction was....He didn't just shove the man away, he made light of the situation through natural callousness.....What I saw, brief as it was, in Ryan's reaction was, 'oh well, that was uncomfortable, what was that guy yelling at me for, glad it wasn't anything important and it is over, what was i saying........' I just didn't see an ounce of concern on the man's face, and that beyond forgiveness. Agree or disagree with a person's view, but have the decency to at least listen, evaluate, and understand the person, point of view and argument they are trying to bring forward.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Do as you're told.

Do not question the nice men with the suits and the #-eating grins.

Paul Ryan. What a sad sack.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Luke Rudkowski proved Paul Ryan had excessive protection and escape routes from the media.

Romney was chosen by the Bilderbergs, so Paul Ryan must have some globalist connection

And the temple shooting took place in Paul Ryan's district. What a coincidence!

This guy is globalist material. So sad to watch Christian Americans thinking he is going to save anything but the criminals.

Oh cmon, you are really trying to connect that temple shooting toRyan? Seems like left-leaners will come up with any old theory to bash conservatives. I'm sorry but the guy stood up and started screaming at Ryan as if all this economic chaos is directly his fault. People need to get a grip. I bet the same people bashing Ryan would scream at anybody disrespecting their beloved Obama. In fact didn't the Democrats go ballistic over that one guy calling Obama a liar?
edit on 12-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ryan's whole SS plan is one dirty screw over for anyone under 55.

It is down right dirty.

This kind of response against Ryan should become the norm.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
1. Ryan had nothing to do with him being arrested.
2. He never questioned Paul Ryan, he started yelling a statement.
3. In light of the Giffords shooting and Aurora recently, I think the police handled it quite well.
4. I hope he is on his meds too. How is this ridicule?

The statement in the thread title, as is everything that is reported, is misleading. I smell a lot of fear since this announcement. When you cannot win on your own merit you pick apart the person who are fighting against and point out their faults.

Stop, think and examine.
edit on 12-8-2012 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
3. In light of the Giffords shooting and Aurora recently, I think the police handled it quite well.

The statement in the thread title, as is everything that is reported, is misleading. I smell a lot of fear since this announcement. When you cannot win on your own merit you pick apart the person who are fighting against and point out their faults.

Stop, think and examine.

Mr Ryan had nothing to do with the man being arrested? It was his speech was it not? He could have easily defused the situation. I do agree that the 71yo man needed to be removed, but to say Mr Ryan had nothing to do with it is just blind. Did he ever stop them and say 'hey, let the man talk'. Of course, he doesn't have to, but he let the man get dragged away, and from the look on his face, he was pretty happy about it.

The joke/comment/snide remark that was given in lieu of the old man's dragging away was uncalled for. Did you watch the video? Did you not see the look on his face?

Faults like these should not be tolerated when he is hoping to become a SERVANT of the people. You make it seem like its okay to act and respond that way to the general public.

Disgusted.

Ps. The giffords and aurora incident has nothing to do with this, don't make it seem like it does.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The gentleman could have waited for the Q and A and been respectful.

Is it American to incarcerate people for being disrespectful?

edit on 12-8-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by pointr97

its just going to get worse if we dont do something about it instead of discussing it heavily on the internet

That mean's it's going to get worse, because americans nowadays don't have 1/10th the balls Doc Holiday did.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Paul Ryan has a fatal flaw.
On top of "how dare anyone question me!"

And here's the rub:
Every politician is shown with one, from Obama to Bush, And...
No one... and I mean no one.... looks better in a Hitler Mustache than Paul Ryan.

I can't post it, but let me tell you, once the image is shown, you won't be able to shake it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Stop, think and examine.

I did not make the title, it was off the video, but let us start there. I stand behind the title, how is it a misrepresentation of the video?

Ryan had everything to do with his arrest, it was his speech and he was in control.

If you watch the video again, listen to Ryan's words, 'Most of our future debt comes from our entitlement programs'. The older gentleman followed with 'why is that entitlement, i paid into it for 15 years'.

He has a very very valid point, how is something he paid into an 'entitlement'? Seriously, we have gotten the social security thing screwed up, we pay it forward so we have it at the end. This is not an entitlement program, social security is something we pay into to receive the benefits at the end. It is not our fault the powers at be went and spent all the money that was in the account, which is exactly what happened.

Next,.....yeah, you ought to read before you preach, this occurred in Nov '11, long before the shootings you want to give the cops credit for responding properly to.......by the way, how was this man a threat?

Last, it is ridicule to make an off handed comment to 'if a person is taking their meds'.....how is that not offensive......dang, she was a B*&&^tch, she ought to take some mydol. ....offensive?......He was frustrated and expressing a point to the speech, nothing wrong with it. It might have been out of line, but you know now that i think about it. Open forum, most orators state, please hold questions till the end, that might have happened or it might not....but the point is, the orator states 'please'.....not an order, but a request....this is still a free country, and i am allowed to say what i want where i want as long as it doesn't lead to the harm of others, ie 'FIRE' in a crowdied movie theater, wow that has new meaning now.

However, he was at a private lunch, listening to a schmuck at a private club, if they didn't like how he was acting, the management asks him to leave....Period......If Ryan is so afraid to get called on the spot, stop making public addresses.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I really do see what people say when they say "both of the parties are evil."

Each are wrong in their own special ways.

But this is just disgusting.

The other side isn't demonically possessed for heavens sake! These are people we are talking about here, not objects for mutilation.

Romney-Ryan gave me no hope that Republicans have a solution for the future.

What happened to the pro-science intellectual republicans of yore? Has the tea party really done this much damage? There is a reason Reagan won almost every state in the country. It wasn't because he demonized the other side as hard as he could! IT WAS BECAUSE HE GAVE PEOPLE HOPE EVEN IF THERE WAS NONE

I see the Reaganites leaving the republican party for good this election cycle. The intellectual majority must live on through the Democratic party. I hope with every fiber of my being that it does.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I want to know what that guy was saying..
2nd
edit on 12-8-2012 by MDnYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346
I really do see what people say when they say "both of the parties are evil."

Each are wrong in their own special ways.

But this is just disgusting.

The other side isn't demonically possessed for heavens sake! These are people we are talking about here, not objects for mutilation.

Romney-Ryan gave me no hope that Republicans have a solution for the future.

What happened to the pro-science intellectual republicans of yore? Has the tea party really done this much damage? There is a reason Reagan won almost every state in the country. It wasn't because he demonized the other side as hard as he could! IT WAS BECAUSE HE GAVE PEOPLE HOPE EVEN IF THERE WAS NONE

I see the Reaganites leaving the republican party for good this election cycle. The intellectual majority must live on through the Democratic party. I hope with every fiber of my being that it does.

hmm, I'm afraid I can only respond with....'Yep'.......Sorry, but there is nothing left to say on your point

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not that this is surprising.. but what the hell? They cuffed the guy? Isn't Paul Ryan an elected representative of the people? Isn't that supposed to mean he works for us? Shouldn't that mean we can ask him questions? Granted the old man didn't practice much class in his approach, but the fact that his behavior would warrant an arrest of some kind makes it blatantly obvious that it's us vs. them. Makes me want to go cause some trouble

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I would like to see more video of this. It's possible this man has interrupted Ryan with his outbursts several times before and this time Ryan chose not to respond.

I still believe Ryan's comment was in bad taste, though.

It's entirely possible that it was even happening before they started filming this. But what's new when the Left accuses Tea Partiers of spitting on politicians and planting SEIU thugs at rallies who then pick fist fights on innocent bystanders. This is totally typical of the Left and for all we know the guy could be a radical. I mean Pete Seeger isn't a spring chicken either and he is still singing old communist tunes at Presidential inaugural events. Or maybe the guy just listened to all the lies and rhetoric of the Democrats and took it out on Ryan. Or he could just be an Obama supporter and got mad at Ryan for showing Obama for the arrogant guy he really is.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Not that this is surprising.. but what the hell? They cuffed the guy? Isn't Paul Ryan an elected representative of the people? Isn't that supposed to mean he works for us? Shouldn't that mean we can ask him questions? Granted the old man didn't practice much class in his approach, but the fact that his behavior would warrant an arrest of some kind makes it blatantly obvious that it's us vs. them. Makes me want to go cause some trouble

Yah did you say the same thing about the Don't Tase me Bro guy who interrupted Kerry?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I does not matter really if this happened 10 years ago. Paul Ryan did nothing wrong but you are trying to show he did. The police did nothing wrong but could they have tried a little more decorum, maybe, but sorry, this guy did not raise his hand and ask for interaction. He started yelling. It was not the platform. Good for him but it got him arrested. It would and should get anyone arrested. If you keep it real be ready for the consequence and that may be jail.

and if you think Paul Ryan sold your medicare and all the other state funded programs you should wake yourself. That was lost a long time ago and is only used as a tactic to scare old people, The US as a country is not what is was and I have seen nothing in the last 3 years that shows there is light at the end of the tunnel in either party after all of the promises that were made.

As far as blood pressure medicine, I would think it was based on age and how red his face was. We can see hypertension...sometimes a woman is just a bitch but if you want to blame it on PMS go for it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

You are absolutely correct,.......When was the last time anyone told their boss to tone it down or arrest them for chewing them out....Honestly, you hit the nail on the head perfectly, they work for us, as long as we don't threaten their so valuable lives, why can't we tell them exactly what we think. And if We choose to let them respond, that is our choice, because they work for the people, and We Are the Boss.........

say it with me, come on, 3, ...2, .....1,......'You're Fired'.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
my knee jerk reaction is... "this man has courage for standing up for what he believes in, good on him"

my next thought was ... "Paul Ryan must have been cringing inside because this hurts his PR"
which led me to....
the more I thought about how ruthless the game of politics is, the more I can accept.... "the 71 yr old could have just as well been paid by Ryan's opposition to hurt his PR (public relations)"

Whatever the case is, Ryan held no tact or honor in his egotistically enthused joke. Shame on him and those that support this.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join