It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Border Patrol agents convicted in $2 million human smuggling case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Two US Border Patrol agents have been found guilty of running a profitable human smuggling ring that may have earned US$2 million. The brothers Raul Villarreal, 42, and Fidel Villarreal, 43, were convicted of using their power for their own advantage, charging money to help hundreds of illegal immigrants enter the US from Mexico. The two heard their verdicts after a five-week trial that was concluded by a one-day deliberation by the jury.

rt.com...

Yeah nice, just what we need- border patrol agents protecting the wrong side of the border.

I hope they get what's coming to them.

In 2006, the two brothers caught word of the investigation and fled to Mexico, settling in the border city of Tijuana. Two years later, they were caught and extradited to the US to face federal charges.

The brothers are facing a maximum of 50 years in prison and a minimum $1.25 million in penalties.

I am amazed the Mexican government sent them back for trial at all!

I can only imagine just how many illegals are in this country directly because of a couple of corrupt border patrol agents. A hundred? Thousands? Who knows. Just glad these scumballs are bagged.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

not that i'm a freind of arpaio or the "militias"

but this is probably why fed gov doesn't want state gov
sealing the borders

these guys are just small fry

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Lol, you say that as if the feds are saints or something. When the fact of the matter is, the border patrol fall under the Dept. of Homeland Security- which are considered feds, if I am not mistaken.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

lol no
what i meant is fed gov doesn't want state gov interfering with their rackets
like fast and furious for example

top topics

join