It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official! The Race Card is maxxed out. It is no longer relevant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Have any of you seen this commercial? What a load of crap! And I say this, based upon a non-partisan view.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

And the NAACP says it is not racist? Wow! How agenda driven can the NAACP be? It’s like how the Congressional Black Caucus was supposedly offended when Alan West supplied Chik-Fil-A…TWO YEARS AGO, oh, but they left a empty table! But NOW they bring it up?

What a crock!

Why can't people just judge a person on their character, rather than the color of their skin?

I’ll tell you why and deny it all you want…it doesn’t fit into their ideology.

edit on 12-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: Sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I do find the double standards employed by the left by rather amusing. They supposedly campaign for tolerance and respect yet seek to deny protest groups that do not fit in with their narrow world view a platform to air their views. As a result what happens if the 'anti fascist' protesters often end up acting like fascists themselves by attempting to subvert freedom of thought. Cultural Marxism waltzes on.

I do sympathise greatly with what Mr West is saying, he is spot on with his point that had it been the other way round there would be people in the streets burning pictures of Republicans and calling them all backwards. And the fact that this story has not received any more coverage than it has leads me to believe - as much as it may pain me to do so - that the future is not filled with much hope either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbmgang
oooo stfu....Who are you to make such statements?

Wha?

I'm unabashedly liberally conservative, not a Republican.

But in my state I am a registered Democrat.

Who are you to tell me, a free citizen to STFU? That may be your opinion pal, but I refuse. I would never tell you that.

I woke up along time ago...I take it that you are still sleeping and following the masses like a good little sheep.
edit on 12-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoExpert

Yep, the double standard is getting old. People are starting to see the two parties for what they are when they employ tactics like this.

But the Left does it more often than the right.

I'm sure you saw Harry Reids innuendos against Romney saying he paid no taxes? Not that he has to back them up or anything, he just throws it out there with little to no proof.

BTW, I'm not a fan of Romney either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If the NAACP didn't find a commercial like that offensive, then something fishy is afoot. Because, let me tell you, those folks can find racism in a bowl of cereal.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Its irrelevant to guys like me, because I refuse to play in to skin color, as a deciding factor.

Im color Blind. Wish the rest of the World would see it that way.

S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The issue is not whether or not the ad is indeed racist, it is the fact that the NAACP would label it racist had it been aired against a black Democrat. This double standard is disgusting. It's the same double standard that they employ against white people, they are fine with things said or done against white people by black people when those same comments would evoke their wrath if it was said by a white person against a black person.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Why can't people just judge a person on their character, rather than the color of their skin?

I’ll tell you why and deny it all you want…it doesn’t fit into their ideology.

In some cases its not just ideology...its the money aspect.

There are individuals (like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton) and entire groups (like the NAACP) whose livelihoods would be threatened if people simply stopped playing the race card.

Gotta keep the gravy train flowing...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Tthey are fine with things said or done against white people by black people when those same comments would evoke their wrath if it was said by a white person against a black person.

Like what...? I dont think you will find any evidence to support your statement... So the "race card' is maxxed out because some random white person said so? Well tell your people to quit making threads crying about this reverse racism bs.... bunch of titty babies

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It is just a case of Mr.West not being able to handle criticism when it's thrown back at him.

Mr.West is using the "race card" himself to ratchet up criticism of black Democrats and Democrats in general.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The sad aspect of all this is that racism is used as a political tool rather than an acurate label.

Racism is a gross, sick disease of the mind. It clouds perspective and creates climates where hate can grow and flourish.

Racism as a tool defeats the true attempts at defeating this disease.

When racism is seen through a political prism, it diminishes the impact and lessens the severity that it should have.

S&F OP.

new topics

top topics

join