It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me connect the dots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why is it considered normal for us to reach in our pocket, pull out a small object, push a few buttons and talk directly to a friend or loved one, millions of miles away, yet it is unbelievable that ancient peoples could build massive monuments from enormous stone blocks.

It has been theorized that the ancients had an energy source and it was lost to us through time. It has been said that pyramids and obelisk were tools for communication. If pyramids and obelisks were wireless transmitters, the ancients would have had a universal energy source. Maybe even a galactic energy source. The problem as I see, is not the knowledge gap. It is the time gap.

When and what happened to stop the progressive transfer of knowledge from one generation to another. Even if there was a war, it would not explain the huge gap in the transfer of knowledge. Something catastrophic had to have happened to remove almost all the people from the earth, leaving only those too young to know enough of technology to pass it on.

If only the children were left alive, who cared for the children? There surely would not have been enough numbers to ensure a re-population of the earth. I know the stories of Noah and the ark, but there were not enough people or animals on the biblical ark to repopulate the earth in the time frame given. Unless the ark was some huge mother-ship that house a couple of million Noahs or housed a couple million Adam and Eve toddlers. I don’t see it.

I know all the common beliefs for the prior earth catastrophes, but there is a lot that just does not compute. Even if we are left with basic survival being our primary goal. Someone is going to remember electricity and try everything they have and more to recreate it. It would not take another thousand years plus to get back to square one.

I must be missing something because none of it is making much sense to me. I just can’t seem to connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 12-8-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReleaseThePressure
wrong thread
edit on 12-8-2012 by ReleaseThePressure because: (no reason given)

Mistake. Hope the Mods will correct.

My antiquated systems is only one-step above dial-up. Really limits what I can do from my end and makes for more mistakes then I like, but it is all I have.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I thought I was placing this thread in Skunkworks. I thought that was the appropriate place since I have nothing more then my personal ideas on the subject and nothing solid to support my ideas.

My thread seems to have ended up in the wrong place. Accepting any assistance in getting it posted properly.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

A bit confused about your point. I use cell phones... then again I also realize that the pyramids were built by an ancient culture.

Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

A bit confused about your point. I use cell phones... then again I also realize that the pyramids were built by an ancient culture.

Am I missing something?

The point is, that not long ago it would not have been conceivable to many, that we would have the technology to communicate across the globe without the benefit of wires. We had not yet been presented with the capability of such a feat.

With all the amazing advances that we have experienced in such a short period of time, many of us are still in denial about the possibilities that our new found abilities may not be so new.

We have a huge knowledge gap. I just have not yet heard an explanation for the gap that I feel comfortable accepting as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

OK I get it now! And I agree that there is food for thought to suppose that mankind may have climbed the ladder of technology before - lost it all - and had to start back from scratch.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK I get it now! And I agree that there is food for thought to suppose that mankind may have climbed the ladder of technology before - lost it all - and had to start back from scratch.

~Heff

I have difficultly trying to understand what kind of event would have wiped this knowledge from the planet yet left enough survivors to repopulate the world, and have them completely ignorant of the technology they had before.

Someone would have remembered the basics and surely the technology would have been the first thing that they would have tried to restore.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I meant that I posted a reply in the wrong thread.

top topics

join