It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Great Convo guys, America is better than you, hard for you to see. But you will see in the end. I'll be back.

And this is the problem. You are not better than us. You are not better than ANY EU country. That isn´t my nationalism speaking, that is the facts. You can´t accept it. You are so blind ignorant about the world, that you have no understanding of the way the world works, and other countries. You have no idea that other countries operate in a fairer, more open, more friendly way, with better conditions for the people. But its true.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

America did invent alot.

But be fair.

America is also responsible for "Jersey Shore".

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

May God have mercy upon us.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yep Britian is pure as the undriven snow

en.wikipedia.org... and that famous hollywood made a film about "killer elite".

that petrowar comment was bs much like every other anti American talking point in this thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I used to be Very proud of this country and agree we are much better then many others. But honestly that pride is being stripped away daily with what our country is doing these days. I served have you?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by binkman

That is one thing that truly disgusts me about Americans. You genuinely think you are the reason why I can say what I am saying.

I do.

American inventions in the last 100 years

The American people are creative, innovative, and have contributed wonderful inventions to the world. Here are a few, which span over approximately the last 100 years.
American inventions in the 1890's

1890 Stop sign

forkartjunkie.hubpages.com...

Not to mention Helping YOUR Country, in the Wars, you would have lost. But if you want to go back to Peasent living, feel free. Its a wonderful life also.I wont knock the English life. It gave me DR. Who !!

edit on 12/8/12 by masqua because: Removed HUGE c/p and provided [ ex] tags and a link to external content

I would rather have lost those wars than be allied to the US.

That´s a big list, but not as big as this one.

en.wikipedia.org...

Such a shame you are so disgustingly arrogant.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

America did invent alot.

But be fair.

America is also responsible for "Jersey Shore".

I hear ya.....

Dreadful, actually.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Arrogance eh isn't Britian still fighting a bunch of IRA "terrorists" ?

Oh yeah they are.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman

Arrogance eh isn't Britian still fighting a bunch of IRA "terrorists" ?

Oh yeah they are.

Nope. They surrendered in the late 1990´s.

You carry on doing that American thing, making statements definitively despite not knowing jack # about what you are talking about. To hell with facts.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I hate these kinds of threads to no end. Nothing gets accomplished. I don't understand why they're so popular.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Again, that's YOUR opinion, Not ALL your countryman's Opinion. You do a disservice to all those, who died, right along side with their Allies . I often wonder, how one voice, can speak for a Nation. And you talk about arrogance ?

Deny Ignorance, Indeed.......

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by elitegamer23

Because most Americans want to be left alone to live their own lives.

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

ill assume you support gay marriage and a womans right to choose. am i right?????

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Again, that's YOUR opinion, Not ALL your countryman's Opinion. You do a disservice to all those, who died, right along side with their Allies . I often wonder, how one voice, can speak for a Nation. And you talk about arrogance ?

You go on ahead and ask what any of us think of the way you crushed our economy, the answer youĺl get will be something like, ¨not even the Nazis would have stabbed us in the back like that¨.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Because most Americans want to be left alone to live their own lives.

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

ill assume you support gay marriage and a womans right to choose. am i right?????

Wonder if people support Iran when they stone gays in their streets and other arab countries or if they support the forced abortions in China or the rape camps in North Korea or the genital mutilations in Africa etc.

But nope someone doesn't beleive in the out right murder of a human life that doesn't have the capacity to fight back is some how morally justified.
edit on 12-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I do.

But don't stereotype me or assume you know everything about me based on those. I just believe in civil rights and liberties for all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You go on ahead and ask what any of us think of the way you crushed our economy, the answer youĺl get will be something like, ¨not even the Nazis would have stabbed us in the back like that¨.

I see we are at a standstill, and your rhetoric, isn't going to change the fact, that people love their respective Countries, regardless, if a "few" want to demonize, at every turn. Good luck in the thread, convincing people otherwise, that you stand as the last bastion,and single voice, of a WHOLE Country.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

We won the Olympics, we landed on Mars, this is enough to add to our wonderful country! I feel like on this forums i'm on the only Patriot left! This is the best country in the world, and holding your expectations higher than they need to be only makes your ignorant.
reply to post by EmperorXyn

No country "won" the Olympics. NASA landed on Mars; seemingly one of the few good American expenditures. Good job Von Braun & co.

"Best country in the world", I've seen Scrubs so I know American jokes are better than that

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There are countless things that make America stand out.
The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

I agree. I enjoy visiting the States, I enjoy Americans in their homeland and I enjoy hosting them here in the Great Pink North. They are not defined by their government.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

There are countless things that make America stand out.
The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

I agree. I enjoy visiting the States, I enjoy Americans in their homeland and I enjoy hosting them here in the Great Pink North. They are not defined by their government.

Yes they are.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I do.

But don't stereotype me or assume you know everything about me based on those. I just believe in civil rights and liberties for all.

im not sterotyping you, i was just curious how you thought.

i am glad to know you mean what you say , sorry if you thought i had any problem with you.

im with you my friend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join