It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Hey Sherlock, the picture isn't good for anybody.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by elitegamer23

Because most Americans want to be left alone to live their own lives.

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

Thank you!! First person not personally attacking me.

I still cannot believe some people are saying other countries are more advanced that the USA. Makes me laugh so hard.

Things like gays being able to marry, things like women being able to abort unwanted pregnancies, things like government policy being dictated by real life and not the ramblings of an ancient storybook, things like having more than 2 viable political parties, things like allowing gays to serve their country, things like requesting the government to detail every single thing they spend our money on (and the legal requirement for them to comply), things like healthcare and financial support for the poorest and most disadvantaged in society.

That makes you laugh? Because, this is but a few of what nearly every other western country enjoys and what is denied to the US Population.

It actually makes me sick that someone could be as blind ignorant yet so self assured and wrong at the same time. You need to grow up a bit before speaking about the world.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

As an American, I respect the State that you want to live in to be able to dictate what you want. You don't like it as an American? You can always move to the state that believes in your beliefs!

link   
You 2 want to get a room and let this topic be to be discussed civilly? Any further disruption and posting bans will follow.

link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by elitegamer23

Because most Americans want to be left alone to live their own lives.

it's really just a small amount of Americans making a few problems for the rest of us, because they think they see a problem and have to solve it or have to force people to conform to their one true way, whatever way that is.

You see, that's the thing about people overseas who judge America. They don't have a complete picture, and often have very little to go on.

Thank you!! First person not personally attacking me.

I still cannot believe some people are saying other countries are more advanced that the USA. Makes me laugh so hard.

How do you define the word "Advanced"?

link   

It's so sad i'm 21 and you older people don't even figure the picture out...

That says it all.

Fully brainwashed by MSM Bullcrap.

We won the Olympics, and landed a robot on Mars.......

Yet people are dying from lack of Healthcare, and people have to decide between food, or paying bills.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

As an American, I respect the State that you want to live in to be able to dictate what you want. You don't like it as an American? You can always move to the state that believes in your beliefs!

I´m not an american, just an amused bystander. By the way, the state doesn´t dictate anything to me. I am free to do whatever I like, as long as it is legal. And our laws are less restrictive than yours.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
we are not a great country because we did this or that...or because of anything besides the fact that we are a great people. We were before we were anybody on the world scene, we will be long after our country is not so powerful.

Great people make great nations. Make no mistake. All the hype about our weight and intelligence is crap. With a population as enormous as ours, we have allot of everything and all types of people.

We also have entire states like California of absolutely beautiful people, and places like silicone valley where we have the worlds smartest and most imaginative.

We feed our people for the most part....hundreds of millions of them daily, we educate them to some degree....again hundreds of millions daily.

ect ect,.

We are a great people and that is why our country was able to do what it has. Not because we win medals or have the best army. We are great because we are great people.

We rock, we really do.

edit on 12-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

The problem with comparing one country with another is that these comparisons don't take into account the difference in governments, the societal structure, the built-in differences of its populace.

The only fair comparison would be between two countries that had the same forms of government.

In my humble opinion, of course.
edit on 12-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by alldaylong

The problem with comparing one country with another is that hese comparisons don't take into account the difference in governments, the societal structure, the built-in differences of its populace.

The only fair comparison would be between two countries that had the same forms of government.

In my humble opinion, of course.

This is true, but impossible. No other country has a government so controlled by big business, lobbies foreign and domestic and money, only the US.

European governments have no problems with taking bankers and media conglomerates to task for their crimes, mine is wrapping up the biggest case of media corruption and is probably about to take on one of the largest cases of financial fraud.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thing is bud, i'm not trying to compare counties... I'm trying to increase morale of my own country yet my own country attacks me, other countries attack me cause they think patriotism is a selfish thing. I just don't understand.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Thing is bud, i'm not trying to compare counties... I'm trying to increase morale of my own country yet my own country attacks me, other countries attack me cause they think patriotism is a selfish thing. I just don't understand.

You are not espousing patriotism, you are slandering other countries with outrageous mistruths, ignorance and outright lies.

Nobody is attacking you either, most people here have laid down cold, hard, bare, simple facts, but you see them as attacks because they do not foist the US onto some pedestal. You need to open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Having Patriotism, and love for one Country, is something that goes on in EVERY Country!

The Olympics is a perfect example of it. Guess what, The Gold winner is put on a HIGHER Pedestal, then the rest.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Why has the US never had a female President (Prime Minister) ? Unlike many western countries.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Having Patriotism, and love for one Country, is something that goes on in EVERY Country!

Patriotism is wonderful , regardless of the country.

Blind Patriotism , like the OP, is a very dangerous thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

You have made no comments, so i'm really confused what your referring to?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Nothing to understand.

the folks from other countries are going to think their country is better than America.
QED

I grew up in the UK. So I consider myself fortunate that I can look at America (and Britain) with a different perspective.
I can appreciate many things that some Americans take for granted. The same goes for the benefits of living in the UK.

Don't take it personally, though. There are some that would be happy to see someone go into a rabid defense of America.

My advise?

Appreciate what America has to offer. Acknowledge it's problems, but put them into prspective.

link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Whatever man, im done arguing. I love where I live, I love my country. I'm done here, hope you suffer where you are.(And yes, I hope you suffer within America. Not that kind of Ass.)
edit on 12-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Well, maybe OP is sick and tired of the World, bashing his Country, at every step ?

Even a misguided person, can succumb to constant barrage of mud-slinging, and constant finger pointing.

I understand him.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

You have made no comments, so i'm really confused what your referring to?

Yes, I have. Whether you choose to acknowledge them because they tend to get more stars that what they are replying to is your own business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join