It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mitt asked for several years of tax returns from his possible vp candidates

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...


As the months progressed and the research documents on each possible name grew -- including "several years" of tax returns that each potential candidate submitted, Myers said -- all the paperwork was stored overnight in a safe in a secure room at the campaign headquarters in Boston. No copies were made of the material, and all work on the vice-presidential effort was done in that room.


is this fair for him to ask his vp candidates for 'several years' of tax returns when mitt himself will only give the american people a couple years of his own tax returns.

how many years is several? id say a couple is 2, few would be 3, and several would b 4-5.

just give us a few years of your tax returns mitt. how about back to 2009?

in all fairness you should give us several like you asked paul ryan to give you. we really dont expect you to follow your fathers lead and give us a decade worth but it just seems like you have something to hide.

btw im a registered republican .
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23
 


Most likely he knew he was going to run two years ago so he had time to get those two years he released in order. I want to see a return from 2006 or so. Just one year from the mid 2000's and I think we will see the real Romney.

I'm writing in Ron Paul.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have the distinct feeling that the Romney Campaign is being run by a bunch of clowns. Clowns with double standards I might add. I'm also wondering if the reason why Palin was picked over The Romney Unit in 2008 was because of the tax returns issue. I doubt that there's anything illegal about them, but I do think that they show that he's got money squirrelled away in all kinds of places.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mitt should release more tax returns when Obama releases his:

College Records
Passport
E-mails and Details about his dealings with Tony Rezko

Did Obama every claim to be a foreign citizens? Did he use foreign citizen status at college or on his passport?

At the end of the day Romney's taxes or Obama's mountain of secrets don't matter. We're in a 16 trillion dollar debt with over 8% unemployment. That's what matters.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Mitt should release more tax returns when Obama releases his:

College Records
Passport
E-mails and Details about his dealings with Tony Rezko

Did Obama every claim to be a foreign citizens? Did he use foreign citizen status at college or on his passport?

At the end of the day Romney's taxes or Obama's mountain of secrets don't matter. We're in a 16 trillion dollar debt with over 8% unemployment. That's what matters.



you shouldnt have trouble finding anti obama threads to spew your vomit.

this thread is about mitt romney and why he asked paul ryan to give several years of tax returns but wont give the american people the same.


Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by elitegamer23
 


I'm writing in Ron Paul.


i voted for ron paul in the iowa caucus. that thing was such a joke i could have voted for ron paul several times .

edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23
 





i voted for ron paul in the iowa caucus. that thing was such a joke i could have voted for ron paul several times .


Agreed, the whole voting process is a joke anymore. You have to show your ID to buy Sudafed but not to vote for the POTUS. It's a joke that's not in the least funny.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Mitt should release more tax returns when Obama releases his:

College Records
Passport
E-mails and Details about his dealings with Tony Rezko

Did Obama every claim to be a foreign citizens? Did he use foreign citizen status at college or on his passport?

At the end of the day Romney's taxes or Obama's mountain of secrets don't matter. We're in a 16 trillion dollar debt with over 8% unemployment. That's what matters.



College records? Eh? And what's that about his passport?
Actually The Romney Unit's taxes do matter. This is a very rich man who I strongly suspect has been paying as little money as possible over the past decade.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is the THIRD election Romney has gone through where he demanded his opponent's tax returns, or promised to release his own. He's never kept that promise and it's hypocritical of him to demand returns from opponents and not release any of his own.

In 2002 he even demanded that his opponent for Governor of Mass., Shannon O'Brien, have her husband release tax returns in addition to her own! Mitt refused to release returns then since it would have proven he was not a resident of MA for seven years prior to the election, but that's another issue.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by elitegamer23
 





i voted for ron paul in the iowa caucus. that thing was such a joke i could have voted for ron paul several times .


Agreed, the whole voting process is a joke anymore. You have to show your ID to buy Sudafed but not to vote for the POTUS. It's a joke that's not in the least funny.


watch what you ask for or we will all have the national id card in our pocket to vote.
its not the whole process that is a joke, its the whole government and the united states in general that has become a joke.

when can we vote for someone who isnt a millionaire , yale or harvard grad, and more like the average american than the average billionaire.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Phoney-Romney is really something, eh?


With each passing day, this character is looking more and more unbelievably pathetic. Get ready for a [color=cyan]LANDSLIDE VICTORY this election. And, HINT, HINT, it WONT be in favor of a Republican.


Phoney-Romney is the republicans WORST NIGHTMARE EVER!!!!




edit on 12-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Phoney-Romney is really something, eh?


With each passing day, this character is looking more and more unbelievably pathetic. Get ready for a [color=cyan]LANDSLIDE VICTORY this election. And, HINT, HINT, it WONT be in favor of a Republican.


Phoney-Romney is the republicans WORST NIGHTMARE EVER!!!!




edit on 12-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)


it almost seems like he jumped the gun to announce paul ryan as his vp just to take the conversation away from his tax returns. what does he have to hide?



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
quit whining.

the man pays millions in taxes every year.

and yes i'am sure he tried to pay as little as possible, but that still equals millions.

who pays more than they have too?

nobody.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
quit whining.

the man pays millions in taxes every year.

and yes i'am sure he tried to pay as little as possible, but that still equals millions.

who pays more than they have too?

nobody.



how do you know? have you seen his tax returns?

i think this thread is about him asking for several years of paul ryans tax returns when he wont show the american people several years of his.

quit whining when people dont agree with your way of thinking.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't care how much or little money the government confiscated from Mitt Romney.

I do care about the massive fraud that would be uncovered if Obama's college transcripts were ever released.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How else is going to find out if they're on the same feloneous page as he is?

He is working to keep the middle class down while the wealthy get wealthier in every regard.

His only goal is to reward greed with greed. Now if his running mate doesn't endorse this, he may have a problem. Ryan is the perfect man for the job. He can get all the Tea people exited with their flags and their tri corn hats, while he begins to blame teachers and SS. He loves America sooo much! It's pretty funny if you really look at it. We have hundreds of thousands of troops abroad and teachers are making us broke.

How can he even say this with a straight face? How can people believe it is a better question?



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I don't care how much or little money the government confiscated from Mitt Romney.

I do care about the massive fraud that would be uncovered if Obama's college transcripts were ever released.


So, supposed fraud on the part of Obama (which there is no proof of) outweighs tax fraud from Romney then?



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg
 


Of course it does. Because in their rather pedestrian minds not paying taxes makes Romney a hero. They will champion him and his cause because one day they may be rich too. They just need to pray for that one great idea that will make them rich.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain
 


I suspect Romney will not release his returns because it will show he received immunity from the IRS for tax haven abuses prior to 2009.



posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...


Ryan will release two years of tax returns; says he gave Romney team 'several years'


wouldnt want ryan releasing several years of tax returns to the american people because this would only make romney look foolish considering romney himself will only release 2 years of tax returns.



posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
www.cnn.com...


As the months progressed and the research documents on each possible name grew -- including "several years" of tax returns that each potential candidate submitted, Myers said -- all the paperwork was stored overnight in a safe in a secure room at the campaign headquarters in Boston. No copies were made of the material, and all work on the vice-presidential effort was done in that room.


is this fair for him to ask his vp candidates for 'several years' of tax returns when mitt himself will only give the american people a couple years of his own tax returns.

how many years is several? id say a couple is 2, few would be 3, and several would b 4-5.

just give us a few years of your tax returns mitt. how about back to 2009?

in all fairness you should give us several like you asked paul ryan to give you. we really dont expect you to follow your fathers lead and give us a decade worth but it just seems like you have something to hide.

btw im a registered republican .
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)


Why wouldn't it be fair to ask someone else to do exactly what he did?

McCain also finds himself in the unique position of being one of the few Americans who has seen more than two years of Mitt Romney's income tax returns. Romney, who made his own bid for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, reportedly provided 20 years of tax returns to the team vetting potential vice presidential picks for McCain.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

He has nothing to hide, this is about personal freedom, not hiding things. By the logic all these Romney haters use police should be able to search your car and house whenever they feel like it, because if you have nothing to hide what's the harm. The harm is your personal liberty, if you won't defend Romney then don't complain about your loss of freedoms, because you have forfeit them.




top topics



 
4

log in

join