It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs In Jackson - Make News August 2012- Dozens of Witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is a recent news report of a mass UFO sighting in Jackson. The amount of witnesses and the description caught my interest.

1. At first I thought it could be lanters, but these lights were in a straight line as if attacked to something.

2.. The object beamed down light at the witnesses, and chinese lanterns dont do that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
When a news station report something like this, shouldn't they show and interwiew some of the witnesses.

There was nothing there about the actual case

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

It does seem sightings are picking up in that area. Missouri and Northern Arkansas were having regular sightings long before Roswell, and I even saw something myself on a visit to MIssouri earlier this year. I posted this thread just after seeing something amazing.

There is a vast amount of caves and mineral deposits in the area that are fairly unique in nature.

The Missouri Mystery Mound is not too far from this area, and there are also stories of an underground race living just across the border in Arkansas, and there are stories of ancient gold hidden from the conquistadors there.

Lots of mystery and lore in this part of Missouri, maybe there's a reason for it all!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Whether or not you believe in UFO's...This is a nice example of the media making the report less serious. Putting a silly spin on it.

These people seen something. When they reported it, the news came, did a thing or two...and put sci fi music over half of the report! I don't know too many reports (not sports related) that have music scores in the background.

When my wife watched the report...she rolled her eyes. I asked her why? She commented that even the news reporter didn't take it seriously, so why should she?

Nice example of media manipulation. Whatever the lights were.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Lots of mystery and lore in this part of Missouri, maybe there's a reason for it all!

Welcome to the SEC!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Can't wait!!! Missouri will be competitive in the SEC in their first year, and I'll finally be able to get some of the games on TV down here in Florida for a change!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Could it be Project Blue Beam??
edit on 12-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Could it be Project Blue Beam??

Unlikely as Project Blue Beam is a fantasy with no basis in fact , what it could be is an LED lit kite or RC aircraft but given as we don't have any video of this UFO that's supposedly turned up twice in a week its impossible to tell .

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, there were dozens of witnesses and NOBODY had a mobile phone with them, to make photos or film the event. How convenient. This is 2012 - most of folks nowadays, have mobiles. At least one person out of dozens! I am not saying that the story is fake, it is just seems a bit strange that in our modern time, when something seemingly interesting happens - nobody has mobile phone handy!

new topics

top topics

join