It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No joke: Dolan-Colbert ‘Catholic comedy slam’ gets media blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.religionnews.com...

That’s an abrupt change from initial plans to broadcast the event as widely as possible, maybe even on cable television. It may also rob the Catholic Church of a valuable opportunity to show the faith in a positive light and to an audience – Colbert’s, mainly – that might otherwise tune out churchmen like Dolan.

Two devout Catholics one an Archbishop, another a comedian, both are planning to appear on a panel about faith and humor that mysteriously had the plug pulled on its being broadcasted.
he event is titled “The Cardinal and Colbert: Humor, Joy, and the Spiritual Life” that is scheduled to appear at Fordham University now will get total media blackout.

Why is Fordham (Catholic) University not allowing any videotaping of the event for distribution, streaming it on the web or elsewhere?

....given the ubiquity of hand-held digital devices – and the demand for at least snippets of the cardinal and the comedian interacting – it is likely that at least some of the program will make it onto YouTube or Twitter.

Throw us a bone - bootlegged stuff - yay!!!!!

I am so peeved about this. TPTB seem hell bent on eliminating any support for the Catholic faith. A faith that is now in a head-to-head combat with the government to preserve their First Amendment right that Obamacare is taking a dump on.

No big deal to you? What might be the freedoms next up for elimination? As it stands now, the right to bear arms is under attack. How many more mass shootings will it take to get that ball rolling. It's time to start caring.

Hey baby, all it takes is the stroke of a pen. Catholics found that out the hard way.

Evil will prevail if good men to do nothing.

(Search engine used)

edit on 8/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I don't know if this is about oppressing or justifying the Catholics. Honestly, knowing Colbert, it could go either way. Personally, I would enjoy a good roast of the Catholic church.

The whole "homosexuality is isn't natural, but talking snakes are" thing had me giggling. I want to see how Colbert can top that. He's generally well-suited for that sort of satirical skit.
edit on 12-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Is this it?

The video is an hour an twenty nine minutes long.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I don't know if this is about oppressing or justifying the Catholics. Honestly, knowing Colbert, it could go either way. Personally, I would enjoy a good roast of the Catholic church.

I was thinking similarly. They blackout could be due to the fear of angering Catholic viewers. As I would expect some controversial jokes to be told. Roasts are not known for being clean or playing it safe.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thank you for taking the time to search out the video, but the event is scheduled to take place on Sept.14. 2012.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I doubt that 2 devout Catholics would be ripping too hard on their faith. They have no agenda other than to poke fun at themselves, something Catholics enjoy doing.

www.catholicpeople.com...

join