It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

milwaukee airport shut down -- possible sabotage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Over the weekend, the Milwaukee airport was shut down due to a power outage. Authorities believe that this was the result of a deliberate act of sabotage.

www.jsonline.com...

Could this be a trial run for terrorists performing other acts of sabotage on our electric system, or an isolated nut case?

Note: newsstory requires a simple registration--- i know i know i dont like it either unless u want me to cut and paste the entire article.

[edit on 10/11/04 by spangbr]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Could have been terrorism related. Or, it could have been due to some hopped up, liquored up, free wheeling hell raisers on a bender driving a stolen 1984 Chevy into a power line. Or it could have been space monkeys looking for a good spot to create galactic havoc.

Maybe we'll never know. My theory is the space monkeys...on a hopped up, liquored up benderdodging the kids in the Chevy!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Actually, when I clicked on the link I saw a complete story about two electrical transmission towers intentionally toppled. I left the site, clicked again to check something, and got the registration form. So you might get one look without registering. (if that was the right story)

Somehow this doesn't sound like terrorism to me. Electrical outages are inconvenient and costly, but for the most part not deadly in themselves. I suppose widespread outages on, say, election day could make things interesting, but it just doesn't provide the kind of loss of life that terrorists are presumably lusting for. The article I saw said the bolts were easily removable with a simple wrench. So it could have been anybody. The question would be--Why?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
the thing that is scary about this is that all it takes to bring down our electrical system is an ordinary wrench and the removal of 2 bolts from electrical towers. the eletrictical infrastructure is wide open and easily accessible. it could be widely sabotaged with a minimum of training and time which would wreak havoc on our country.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
update-

The FBI has discovered some evidence but they are not saying what it is. They have also called in additional resources from Chicago to investigate.

washingtontimes.com...
www.themilwaukeechannel.com...

new topics

top topics

join