It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low cost presciption medication for the uninsured through Drug Companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
A co-workers wife recently had to go on lifetime medication for kidney failure. The medication was costing them over $2000 per month for only one of several medications. Then, apparently found about applying for an assistance program straight from the manufacturer, and is only costing them $5 per month now!

PRESCRIPTION ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS Prescription Help is Here The Partnership for Prescription Assistance brings together America’s pharmaceutical companies, doctors, other health care providers, patient advocacy organizations and community groups to help qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get free or low-cost medicines through the public or private program that's right for them.

www.pparx.org...

Search by drug name

There's even help for high cost co-pays and health insurance premiums

Patient Services Incorporated Patient Services Incorporated (PSI) is a non-profit organization primarily dedicated to providing health insurance premium assistance, pharmacy co-payment assistance and co-payment waiver assistance for persons with specific expensive chronic illnesses. Email: [email protected] Address: P.O. Box 1602 Midlothian, VA 23113 Phone: 800-366-7741 Fax: 804-744-5407 Assistance: National, Medicare Prescription Drug Assistance, Insurance Copayment Assistance, Insurance Premium Assistance, Insurance Counseling and Advocacy, Prescription Assistance

www.pparx.org...

I didn't know these programs were out there, and I think a majority of the population probably doesn't know alot of this either.

Just thought I'd share some knowledge of this, and I hope someone out there in need can benefit from this information.

My son, who is bipolar and has ADHD, is on 2 medications with what I consider a high copay. I'm going to apply for co-pay assistance because his meds show up in the search. I'll be back when my application has been processed to tell you if it worked.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I take one medication which costs anywhere from 180 to 220 a month depending on where i purchase it. I applied through my pharmacy for the assistance program to pay for it, and I qualify. It takes about 8 weeks for it to all get processed but the manufacturer is going to be giving it straight to the pharmacy to give to me... They will give me 3 months at a time for 0 dollars.

Depending on your manufacturer they usually give it directly either to your doctor to give to you or your pharmacist....

You have to have your doctor write a prescription for 3 months with refills to be given to the manufacturer with your application....

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thanks for letting me know. I am so glad people can get this assistance!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
S & F for you OP as this gives many people hope & opportunity
for help. It took me literally all Bloody Day to find this information.
I thought I saw the info you posted ~ 1 - 2 months ago on a different thread &
you were trying to help someone by sharing the same information.
I could be totally wrong & maybe it was this thread... I was previously
very thankful & even though spending many hours today I am still
thankful for your invaluable resources.

Cheers
Ektar

top topics

join