It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this typical? Question about earthquakes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hi.

So I was looking at this map......hisz.rsoe.hu...

I'm not sure how accurate or reliable the information is I guess that would be my first and most important question.

What seems strange is all of the earthquakes being reported around Iran and Turkey through Greece then north up near Austria and Germany.

It looks like a line of quakes.

I know some areas are more prone to earthquakes. I'm asking if this is a typical or if this is something worth keeping an eye on?

Take it easy I'm not claiming anything I'm just trying to learn.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It took some time but today RSOE is fast to update and pretty accurate in their data.

Answer to your question is, it looks like that most of the time, so everything is as it should be

Don't forget to click on description for a short note on what has happen, and the situation update, which is a long time news update of the current events.

You can get to those by clicking marks on the map or clicking details to the right on the event line, under the map.
Also you can zoom the map with mouse wheel, for a closer look at the areas.

edit on 12-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

The only one that stood out to me was Mt Rainier area Washington.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thanks for your input.

I know the U.S. west coast is always dotted and I know other areas are prone I just never saw so many reports in such a short time in Europe.

It's a cool site / map to play around with.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Cool another one to play with. I guess if you get enough of these and compare the data it would be your best bet.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Your gonna love the other features that site has lol

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by cavalryscout

Your gonna love the other features that site has lol

Wow thanks for the link, never seen that site before, I normally use RSOE.... Nice one

The other features are really interesting.....!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Its OK to get an overall picture of what is happening on the Planet, such as Cyclones, Hazards and such but the earthquake and volcano information is sadly lacking in completeness and accuracy.
If it is earthquakes you are wanting to see its better to go to the source pages of the networks that are supplying the data feed to rsoe. USGS, EMSC, GFZ, Geonet, GeoAu, etc

example

Volcano Activity
Event date: 06.08.2012 17:51:57
State: Northland

They seem to have a problem with New Zealand Provinces ( State: )
That volcano is no where near Northland, its in the Waikato, 500km from Northland

They do the same with NZ earthquakes, all New Zealand quakes are put in the "State;" of "Woodville", there is no such State or Province, Woodville is a town in the Wairarapa

It doesn't show any quakes for NZ for 24hrs, this is not the case at all, while the Geonet database is not feeding data by RSS to RSOE , a search of the Geonet Rapid data shows plenty of them beta.geonet.org.nz...
edit on 12-8-2012 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join