It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Tomb Found in Peru

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I found this one just few minutes ago, I think we won't have any english language source for a while, too fresh. So I will put a computer translation, sorry best I can do for now. Video translation not needed, info is about the same.

Personally, I consider this one a huge discovery for many reasons. The tomb was underwater and archaeologists had to drain it first. On the video, they explain the fact that this tomb maybe was intentionally underwater, according to the magical-religious concepts these ancient people had.

Also, the remains seem to be linked to the Sican priestess tomb found not long ago. (About the Sican priestess, I will add a link at the end).

Translation with Google :

August 11, 2012 | Lambayeque -An important character Lambayaque culture developed in northern Peru, was buried between the twelfth and thirteenth centuries AD in an unprecedented watery grave has been discovered by researchers at the archaeological complex of Chotuna-Chornancap.

The team of archaeologists presented today by the Ministry of Culture this finding that is even more uniqueness to be placed beneath the tomb of the priestess of Chornancap, the first woman to found a social rank so high in this culture, epitomized by the Lord of Sipan (III century AD).

According to the resort manager, Carlos Wester La Torre, the tomb is just 60 centimeters below the chamber of the priestess and the water table of that land, which meant that for eight centuries was flooded by groundwater the area.In his opinion this is a deliberate circumstance as the body, whose gender is still unknown, are buried in these conditions attributable to the symbolism that the water would have on this culture, "and also dug wells and were aware of the proximity of water under their feet. "To excavate the tomb, archaeologists drilled two wells adjacent to continually drain the accumulated water in the chamber to the point to draw between 2,000 and 5,000 liters per day by this route and between 80 and 90 directly from the grave, by a pump.

When empty it of water found that it was "a religious authority with many political and religious ties because it was accompanied by three individuals, among other decorations had a pearl necklace, an offering exotic for this territory, as it may come from Ecuador or Colombia. "The head of the archaeological site, warned that the high humidity affect the conservation of some objects and quickly proceed to remove ornaments and pottery and shells with the cooperation of local farmers, which will reduce the risk of their crops.

On the fact of being under the tomb of the priestess of Chornancap said "it is unusual, but there is definitely a link between the priestess and this new character, but for now it is difficult to identify whether family or religious marriage.""The timing between them is short and there are similarities as the style of the earrings and silver-plated copper sheet covering their faces, but differ in that the female character was bent towards the east, while the new is extended like looking the sea, "he added.Also in the latter remains Lambayeque pottery, "while the priestess had ceramics from Cajamarca" and that trial gold Wester La Torre "is of high quality and shows that the goldsmiths of this culture are as masters of this art as their ancestors of the Mochica culture. "Both tombs are in a palace at the time that the archaeologist is the evidence that these buildings "to be passed later mausoleums.

Peruvian Vice Minister of Culture, Rafael Varon, announced that the remains of the priestess of Chornancap be exhibited from Friday at the National Museum in Lima, in a sample of 62 pieces found in his tomb, including his ceremonial scepter, earmuffs gold necklaces, pottery and silverware. EFE

diariocorreo.pe...

www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Very interesting discovery! Thank you for sharing it. Can't wait to hear and see what all they discovered in this new tomb.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
nice find!

thanks for posting, hope they release some more pics soon !!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

Thanks, I'll keep trying to find some more info and/or photos.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Nice find

Intact tomb's are allways cool, i guess the water has kept it from being looted.

Some of the artifacts are really beautiful.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Thank you for bringing something new to the table. Sounds like an exciting find. I'll be looking for new info on this.

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I found another source, the info is about the same but there are other videos and some great pics. I did a couple of shots to the main video of the link.

www.rpp.com.pe...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Interesting video, thanks for finding it. It kinda tickled me, how they laid everything out for filming, and it looked like a big smiley face from above.....

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very cool find, wonder how much more from our past is waiting for us to discover under the ground and water

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Trueman

Interesting video, thanks for finding it. It kinda tickled me, how they laid everything out for filming, and it looked like a big smiley face from above.....

Des

Haha..now that you mention it, good eye.

Well, seriously...they probably set all the objects into their original position, after cleaning and brushing the area. Long time ago I read somewhere the way the objects in the tombs were set obeys to certain rules of pre-columbian cultures.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Very cool find, wonder how much more from our past is waiting for us to discover under the ground and water

Good question. The truth about the origin of ancient cultures and the technology they had is about to be revealed soon, with all the archaeological investigations in progress now for that area. That is the way I feel it now.

The spaniard invasion did a great job destroying evidence and hiding the ancient knowledge of these cultures, but now there is a little army of native archaelogists and scientists rediscovering the lost heritage.

Did you notice how fast they openly share what they discover? That is because this knowledge doesn't belong to a nation, it belongs to all mankind and not to a selected group of people.

Just an example, imagine if the formula they used to melt the rocks was available for all, for free.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Another interesting read.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Nice find

Intact tomb's are allways cool, i guess the water has kept it from being looted.

Some of the artifacts are really beautiful.

Regarding the water, we shouldn't be surprise about it. Water always had an spiritual significance for pre-columbian / incas cultures. Today we are slowly rediscovering the ancient andean cosmogony, when science and religion were part of the same unity.

As an example, let me refer to one of my old threads ("Poro Poro - The Temple of Water"), I'm pretty sure you will find it interesting and revealing. The location is Lambayeque, same as the discoveries mentioned in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
wow this is intresting

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow another thread about pyramids..I think this is a great find! thanks so much for posting it..I'm interested to see what's inside..hopefully some sort of written documents..wouldn't that be cool?

Cheers Coco

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
That's interesting. it is amazing to find a tomb underwater. Its part of history we must learn.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To all members interested in what was presented in this thread, want to let you know I'm still looking for new info to add. Meanwhile, to understand better how important this discovery can be, I offer the following additional info :

According to the next article of NG (Jan, 2010) about the research in progress in the same site, we might be talking about direct descendants of NAYLAMP !

The discovery of the complex, excavated near the city of Chiclayo (map) between 2006 and late 2009, has injected a dose of reality into the legend of Naylamp, the god who supposedly founded the pre-Inca Lambayeque civilization in the eighth century A.D., following the collapse of the Moche civilization.

That's because evidence at the Chotuna-Chornancap archaeological site indicates the temple complex may have belonged to people claiming to have descended from Naylamp—suggesting for the first time that these supposed descendants existed in the flesh.

In this part of the article, we can confirm that the tomb found wasn't underwater by accident, they knew what they were doing.

The sophisticated Lambayeque culture, also known as the Sicán, were best known as skilled irrigation engineers until being conquered in A.D. 1375 by the Chimú, a civilization also based along Peru's arid northern coast.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

For those who are not familiar who was Naylamp :

In the year 1586, the chronicler Miguel Cabello de Balboa was the first to record an Indian legend that told of the arrival of Naylamp to the Lambayeque coast: a great man who arrived by sea with his wife Ceterni and many concubines and soldiers.

A fleet of merchants disembarked onto the beach and erected a temple they called Chot, and an idol they called Yampallec. They lived for many years in the company of the locals until the moment came to leave that world. In order to protect his divine origin, his family created the myth that Naylamp had flown into the sky, which caused the slaves to take their boats and seek him out.

Upon his disappearance, Cium, his heir, governed for many years and had twelve children. He formed a large government and when he died, he bequeathed it to his successors: Escuñain, Mascuy, #ipallec, Allas#i, Nofanech, Mulamuslan, Llameooll, Lapinat-cum, A#a y Fampellec.

Each one governed the empire of their father for a brief time until the last of the brothers was tempted by a demon and attempted to relocate the empire in another place. For this, the gods punished him by causing a 30-day flood and infertile lands.

He was the last great king of Naylamp’s men, who were thereafter conquered by the Great Chimú. He declared one of his lieutenants as monarch. Of the descendants of Naylamp, none survived.

I think there is a possibility that these tombs of "Sican Lords" can be the Cium's children. That will be amazing if confirmed for multiple reasons. Starting with the fact that will help to confirm the theory regarding a connection between distant cultures.

www.globalexpresstours.com...
edit on 14-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
To all members interested in what was presented in this thread, want to let you know I'm still looking for new info to add. Meanwhile, to understand better how important this discovery can be, I offer the following additional info :

First, we need to consider this :

At that time, there were about seven to eight "Sican lords" representing heavenly powers on Earth, complete with masked face, upturned eyes and pointed ears.

www.sott.net...

From that point, according to the next article of NG (Jan, 2010) about the research in progress in the same site, we might be talking about direct descendants of NAYLAMP !

The discovery of the complex, excavated near the city of Chiclayo (map) between 2006 and late 2009, has injected a dose of reality into the legend of Naylamp, the god who supposedly founded the pre-Inca Lambayeque civilization in the eighth century A.D., following the collapse of the Moche civilization.

That's because evidence at the Chotuna-Chornancap archaeological site indicates the temple complex may have belonged to people claiming to have descended from Naylamp—suggesting for the first time that these supposed descendants existed in the flesh.

In this part of the article, we can confirm that the tomb found wasn't underwater by accident, they knew what they were doing.

The sophisticated Lambayeque culture, also known as the Sicán, were best known as skilled irrigation engineers until being conquered in A.D. 1375 by the Chimú, a civilization also based along Peru's arid northern coast.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

For those who are not familiar who was Naylamp :

In the year 1586, the chronicler Miguel Cabello de Balboa was the first to record an Indian legend that told of the arrival of Naylamp to the Lambayeque coast: a great man who arrived by sea with his wife Ceterni and many concubines and soldiers.

A fleet of merchants disembarked onto the beach and erected a temple they called Chot, and an idol they called Yampallec. They lived for many years in the company of the locals until the moment came to leave that world. In order to protect his divine origin, his family created the myth that Naylamp had flown into the sky, which caused the slaves to take their boats and seek him out.

Upon his disappearance, Cium, his heir, governed for many years and had twelve children. He formed a large government and when he died, he bequeathed it to his successors: Escuñain, Mascuy, #ipallec, Allas#i, Nofanech, Mulamuslan, Llameooll, Lapinat-cum, A#a y Fampellec.

Each one governed the empire of their father for a brief time until the last of the brothers was tempted by a demon and attempted to relocate the empire in another place. For this, the gods punished him by causing a 30-day flood and infertile lands.

He was the last great king of Naylamp’s men, who were thereafter conquered by the Great Chimú. He declared one of his lieutenants as monarch. Of the descendants of Naylamp, none survived.

I think there is a possibility that these tombs of "Sican Lords" can be the Cium's children. That will be amazing if confirmed for multiple reasons. Starting with the fact that will help to confirm the theory regarding a connection between distant cultures.

www.globalexpresstours.com...

What is this??
Waht is the problem??
Can a mod or administrator explain why the last post I made was blocked ?
What lie are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Well, that's strange...

It seems to me that even ATS isn't entirely infallible when it comes to government tactics. Sometimes, I wonder if even THIS site isn't really a "free discussion" forum...

And yes, when that kind of label is slapped on a post, expect people to say something. It's a conspiracy site, that denies ignorance, which means denying oppression, which means freedom of speech. The worst thing you can do is have the staff slap "THIS IS LIES" on something just because they don't like what it says.

In regards to this topic, all cultures are interconnected in one way or another. Whether we came from the stars or from Africa (as evolution teaches) every culture can be traced back to the very first steps mankind ever took as Homo Sapiens, or Homo Erectus. I woulodn't be surprised if this tomb had correlations between a half dozen cultures, mythos, whatever, all over the world.

And if it's underwater...another Atlantis?

edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Maybe you were onto something and like most of those who try and limit or attack the Freedom of Speech, they know that. Or maybe the people in question are little cry babies who can't get over a feud with another website. I think its pretty stupid that ATS limits what sites can be posted. For a site that's slogan is
, it sure likes to restrict the flow of "knowledge" to its users. And I like how your rant thread got closed. You were just using your Freedom of Speech right? No name calling or being rude and then the ones who "believe strongly in free expression and the core concept of Freedom of Speech close your thread.
That's pretty funny. **Sarcasm of course**

Oh btw I printed this page, I know what I said. Sad that printing pages is something we have to do on a website meant for "learning", in order to prove one's self.
edit on 14-8-2012 by th3onetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join