It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem by chimps in Vegas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Mayhem by chimps in Vegas

This is a very sad tale. While I believe in personal freedom, I do not believe the concept of personal freedom should be extended to ownership of potentially (and proven) dangerous animals. This is not the first time these animals have escaped.

Las Vegas police opened fire on two chimpanzees let loose in a northwest neighborhood of the city, warning citizens via Twitter that the animals were "dangerous."

I will post the source for the earlier escape once I find the link...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is sad news.

But why on Earth are they warning people via Twitter???????

I don't use Twitter and I'm sure some people around there don't use Twitter either ... So how does that help???

What the hell is wrong with News Reports which everyone can see ...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

The thing is they just aired this report on GMA (ABCNews) this Sunday morning (8/12/12 @ approx 0715 CST). I performed a search for the story here on ATS and then did a search on the Internet for the story and it appears the date of this story was mid July of this year. Lots of coverage, but I have no recollection of reading or hearing this story when it happened.

ETA: I have asked for the thread to be closed if the story has already been communicated.
edit on 12-8-2012 by totallackey because: further content

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
This is sad news.

But why on Earth are they warning people via Twitter???????

I don't use Twitter and I'm sure some people around there don't use Twitter either ... So how does that help???

What the hell is wrong with News Reports which everyone can see ...

True I don't use twitter and rarely use FB. It's just another way they have manipulated communication. Why do you think they are so anxious to close the U.S. postal service?

It won't be long before they control ATS.....(gulp)....or do they already?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Okay, update concerning this story. The surviving chimp from this episode escaped again last night. That is per ABCWorldNewsTonight Report 8/12/12 @ 1750CST.

So, to recap and clarify, the escape cited in the OP was the original escape and resulted in the death of one of the chimps. Last night, the surviving chimp escaped for the second time.
edit on 12-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Why would u close a thread that has an obvious opinion to discuss just because the stories from another date?

Let me also up- date...( lol ) just because the chimp escaped recently * Again * doesn't mean your first post finally has merritt...it has always had Merritt due to the question you asked concerning the matter. :0)

edit on 12-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Thank you for your reply.

Just a brief response to your points.

I have seen threads made before where the subject matter was already dealt with and saw the results. A little confusion and cross posting. I wished to avoid that, given this is, what I believe to be an important matter to discuss.

The confusion with the dating of the article I pulled up from Huffington and other MSM sources showed I very could have been late in posting the thread. When I saw an additional follow up report on ABC WorldNewsTonight, it helped me verify what the true story was concerning the incident resulting in the death of a chimp. I did not want inaccurate information clouding up what I believe to be an important issue, so I asked for the thread to be closed if either was the case.

Now that I know I have posted an accurate version of the events (as presented by MSM), I believe the issue of private ownership of all exotic animals should be re-examined. I believe it should be illegal to own exotic animals.

new topics

top topics

join