It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

About 450 AD the Lamanites or native americans in the Americas became a great nation . Their ancestors came from Ancient Israel ~599 BC . They are related to the House of Joseph and the House of Judah with some Egyptian and Phoenicean ancestry. In 599 BC they brought knowledge of Egyptian Pyramid building, the Middle high Egyptian Language and Ancient Hebrew "plates" of laws with them,making land on the Pacific side of South America near Panama.. They soon did away with the Law and in after many battles , they all worshipped idols and gods in 450 AD. In 450 AD, they began colonizing the Pacific Islands as far as Malaysia , from Peru and Colombia ports and then moved northward into Southern Mexico by ~800 AD( Read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon which you can obtain free of charge from lds.org). Thank You.

ps. A study of north american native american language is related to Ancient Hebrew,since after the plagues of smallpox from Viking visits , the people abandoned civilized city life and went into the wilderness to escape the disease and became easy pray for European invasion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

There may be evidence of mastodons in primitive culture:

Moab Mastodon

Just as interesting note in the discussion at hand. (The petroglyph has since been destroyed vandals)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
simple answer

they were both munching on some strong magic mushrooms

how do i know? i've seen stuff like this after doing the same thing

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Its a mystery and a theory
Lets see what develops in the future and if someone uncovers the links.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by FoosM

About 450 AD the Lamanites or native americans in the Americas became a great nation . Their ancestors came from Ancient Israel ~599 BC . They are related to the House of Joseph and the House of Judah with some Egyptian and Phoenicean ancestry. In 599 BC they brought knowledge of Egyptian Pyramid building, the Middle high Egyptian Language and Ancient Hebrew "plates" of laws with them,making land on the Pacific side of South America near Panama.. They soon did away with the Law and in after many battles , they all worshipped idols and gods in 450 AD. In 450 AD, they began colonizing the Pacific Islands as far as Malaysia , from Peru and Colombia ports and then moved northward into Southern Mexico by ~800 AD( Read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon which you can obtain free of charge from lds.org). Thank You.

ps. A study of north american native american language is related to Ancient Hebrew,since after the plagues of smallpox from Viking visits , the people abandoned civilized city life and went into the wilderness to escape the disease and became easy pray for European invasion.

Recirculated theories by the time of Joseph Smith. While it is possible the ancient Israelites did travel they never once had pyramids as part of their culture or theology. Why don't you read an actual history book, or the Bible that explains so many of the theories perpetuated by Joseph Smith. Were Israelites in the Americas? Yes, it is possible. Did they do any of those things you just said? That requires proof and there simply is no proof.

You said in 599 BC they came to the Americas? Hmm, that is concurrent with the Babylonian captivity. At that time they had a very high Hebrew language and writing system, called Paleo-Hebrew.

607 BC, King Jehoiakim of Judah was forced into submission becoming a vassal to Nebuchadnezzar (2 Kings 24:1). It was during this time that Nebuchadnezzar took many of the finest and brightest young men from each city in Judah captive, including Daniel, Hananiah (Shadrach), Mishael (Meshach) and Azariah (Abednego). After three years of serving Nebuchadnezzar, Jehoiakim of Judah rebelled against Babylonian rule and once again turned to Egypt for support

Got Questions of Babylonian Captivity
Judaic History

Judah was taken captive by the Babylonians at the same time Joseph Smith says they came here?? Only one side can be right and since it has been very well documented throughout history, I think Joseph Smith was very wrong.

Joseph Smith should have known some Jews in his day. Too bad he did not know the history of the Jews, otherwise this romanticized story would carry some validity.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Its a mystery and a theory
Lets see what develops in the future and if someone uncovers the links.

I did find a link and can see now why the interpreters were taken. Jewish history in India

India has a legacy of three distinct ancient Jewish groups: the Bene Israel, the Cochin Jews, also called the Malabar Jews, and the White Jews from Europe.

I wonder of the Bene Israel is the same group that Mohammed was referring to as the Bani-Yahoodi? That makes a lot of sense historically seeing as how these were the merchants and Mecca was a trade city. I am not saying his theology makes any sense, it just shows interactions between the groups of people. So it would have been a good idea for Columbus to take interpreters if he did think he was going to India.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Joseph Smith was probably high as f**k, if I do say so myself.

None the less, there is one interesting piece of evidence from around the area he was in. Mind you it's from a good century prior to his existence....

....Of course, It seems logical Smith found something, but then made up a whole story from that. Many myths are from 1% truth. It's a good swing man's ability to turn that 1% into the 99% story.

Anyway, take away all the insanity of the Smith tales, and you have the basic idea that some Hebrews crash landed in the Americas to do God knows what.

Want proof to this claim?

books.google.com...
edit on 13-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

None the less, there is one interesting piece of evidence from around the area he was in. Mind you it's from a good century prior to his existence....

....Of course, It seems logical Smith found something, but then made up a whole story from that. Many myths are from 1% truth. It's a good swing man's ability to turn that 1% into the 99% story.

Anyway, take away all the insanity of the Smith tales, and you have the basic idea that some Hebrews crash landed in the Americas to do God knows what.

books.google.com...

I will look at that. People moved around back then, so it's possible there were some people of Jewish ancestry that settled here. The only problems that I see is this, everywhere else Jews went into the world they always built synagogues. They carried some form of the traditions with them. But it seems here, there are no synagogues prior to the modern ones after the Spanish and British settled here.

There is evidence of Paleo-Hebrew, but those rocks and carvings also have other languages found with them.For instance, the Red Bird Petroglyph in Kentucky.
The Red Bird Petroglyph

The area this was found in is where my ancestors settled. This was part of Buckhorn State Park. There is nothing in my family that even mentions knowledge of such a thing and they have been there for 200 years. I would love to find some sort of evidence of synagogues or places of worship of the Jews in those areas among the people they settled by.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
this is very interesting!
can someone explain to me why the mayans have an elephant statue!!!!
that is nutty!!!

It sure is, because there's no "elephant statue" at any Mayan site.

Depending on which fringe website you got that from, what you're looking at is either a tapir or a macaw.

I'll grant you, the macaw can be hard to see once they trace the "elephant" over it. IIRC, the "elephant's" trunk is the macaw's beak - maybe it's an "elephant" tusk that's the beak. I haven't looked at that pic in a while.

i guess its in the same realm as angor wat and there stegasoauras carvings!!!
history is a mystery!!!

Sorry, but you're wrong on that one too.

This info is available here at ATS. If you don't like the way the search function works (and I'm with you on that if you don't) then use google.

Type in your search terms followed by this--> site:abovetopsecret.com

Google will search only at this domain if you do this.

Harte

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well that sort of assumes they were from the synagog era.

For all we know, they were a bunch of Egyptian slaves lost at sea.

Or perhaps they were Roman Slaves lost in the intermediate time between their extermination and rebuilding where they settled.

One of the more likely is, because the Hebrew writing says "God of Joshua", and Joshua is actually Jesus in English, it was a crash landing of early Christians. Probably sometime prior to the 3rd-4th century.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well that sort of assumes they were from the synagog era.

For all we know, they were a bunch of Egyptian slaves lost at sea.

Or perhaps they were Roman Slaves lost in the intermediate time between their extermination and rebuilding where they settled.

One of the more likely is, because the Hebrew writing says "God of Joshua", and Joshua is actually Jesus in English, it was a crash landing of early Christians. Probably sometime prior to the 3rd-4th century.

We might never know. There has been a lot of speculation over the years. Most theories are based in speculation anyway, but it is very interesting to find these things in places you don't expect they would be.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

books.google.com...

An anecdote is not evidence.

Where's this stone frame now?

Harte

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

this is very interesting!
can someone explain to me why the mayans have an elephant statue!!!!
that is nutty!!!

It sure is, because there's no "elephant statue" at any Mayan site.

Depending on which fringe website you got that from, what you're looking at is either a tapir or a macaw.

Its an elephant.
Tapirs and Macaws dont grow as big as elephants.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

books.google.com...

An anecdote is not evidence.

Where's this stone frame now?

Harte

As I was rereading this, the author attempts to convince us that Rev. Schartel knew Hebrew enough to decode what it said. There was a motive in those days to persuade the reader to fully convert to Christianity by highly romanticizing Christian ideals. This was something I found reading about some particular ancestors of mine, the Captives of Abb's Valley, a real event that occurred in the 1790s. Captain James Moore had been given land in lieu of money for his service to the Continental Army. He had encroached on Indian Territory and was raided, two of his children were taken captive, he and his wife died as well as the hands that were working for him. They were taken by Shawnee warriors and sold eventually to traders in Canada.

Throughout the book, the author kept insisting the reader convert by romanticizing the faith of the children. However, it can be seen as propaganda by the writer. The children were 12 (the son) and 10 (the daughter) years of age respectively. What really disappointed me by this book was that even though it was a true historical event, many of the facts were whitewashed to make the children seem very much more faithful than they might have really been and seemed to imply these children were great missionaries. This is highly unlikely. Eventually after about 5 years, a cousin of theirs tracked them down and eventually took them back to Virginia.

The writer tends to stay away from the most obvious of what especially happened to the girl. She was 10 when she was taken and sold to a very bad person who chained her to the wagon when they were out. The writer only tries to convince us that she was only beaten sometimes and starved sometimes. It could be that it would be too sensitive for the times to say what really happened to her. She was 15 when she made it back to Virginia and there is an oral legend in our family that this is where our ancestors were Native American. In our family we always knew that she came with a child who was Native American, yet this is not mentioned at all in the book. For her to have that child would have been a disgrace among the Presbyterian society in which she came from.

The Captives of Abb's Valley

I think there was a lot of historical whitewashing going on back then. I am related distantly to the author James Moore Brown but have a lot of issues with the way he presents this story. The same whitewashing is found in the other book posted.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I remember being in grade school and getting in trouble for "ignoring the facts to spread fantasy". I had my entire class convinced of this. We came back from recess and presented our ideas to our teacher who was not to happy because we wanted to modify the homework assignment to reflect what we thought was sthe correct history. Sister mary was a dumbass. Kids often have more insight than the adults who make them dumb.

This is the truth. There was a mother culture and we had more to learn from it than everything we came up with after.

Bullocks is what I say to all academia. Bullocks.

In my thread " Gods of Academia " there's some pretty good discussion on the point you make. I to believe in a, " Golden age " and a mother culture that was Atlantris. " We are a species with amnesia " and the flood is the reason.

SnF
edit on 13-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

There is a rather long winded opinion to the elephants vs Mayans on Wiki, I'll be honest...I didnt read it all, but here is a link if you want to have a ganders.

Elephants in Mayan times...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
you have to put into consideration these cultures used to be together at one time, especially south/central/north america were all connected to asia but broke off that's why natives to all these countries look asian

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yet another book on that

LINK

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
you have to put into consideration these cultures used to be together at one time, especially south/central/north america were all connected to asia but broke off that's why natives to all these countries look asian

Do you think maybe it is possible the "Ring of Fire" may have had something to do with breaking them up? What if the Marianas Trench is just a scar left after a massive tectonic plate shift during a super volcano eruption? Look at Krakatoa, it split Sumatra and Java. Suppose this super volcano split Pangaea and widened the Pacific Ocean.

There is evidence of this in the Bible, the grandsons of Noah lived in a time "when the earth was divided". The one who is most associated with this is Peleg. His father was Salah, and that means "to divide" or "to scatter".

The Earth Divided

The picture on this website seems to be similar to the exact photos presented in this thread. I think, contrary to this website, that a global dividing happened and was remarked on because it was remembered.

Genesis 10:2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

What islands are they talking about? I have no clue, because the author does not specify. I will make an assumption here based on linguistics, Javan could be the father of Java, the island close to Sumatra. We would have to find Javan somewhere there if that were the case. Another interesting note is this, Java is sometimes associated with Madura. Javan and Madai were brothers. Could Madura be a form of Madai?

Indonesia

Bali, the subject of the OP, is east of Java.

I am a Christian, but I tend to look for patterns and consistencies within the Bible and other books. I believe that God interacted with His creation and all ancient peoples took their knowledge of Him throughout the world. There are many consistencies because all ancient cultures have creation stories and flood stories that are almost exactly the same. It bolsters my faith to find things about the ancients. I can read the Epic of Gilgamesh and still be convinced that a world wide flood did occur. I know that we understand the story of Noah from the Hebrew writing, we don't really know what the original name of the man was. I am convinced that the flood story that is consistent from China to Israel is from an actual event.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Yet another book on that

LINK

All these books, I am going to have to download an ereader again. Elephants in the new world, who would have imagined. So this will lend credibility to great apes being here. Sasquatch, it is just a matter of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join