It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ya im not saying it is an elephant, definitely an animal that resembles one though. And yes they think western elephants went extinct around the ice ages. However, humans are considered to have moved into the west anywhere from 30,000-15,000 years ago when the elephants were still around. They would have known about them at one time, and it is possible they incorporated them into religion or passed knowledge of them through stories and art. I mean could you imagine being a caveman and seeing one of those hulking beasts for the first time?
We also cannot forget the possibility of there being well preserved "elephant" remains. Imagine if an ancient society dug up the preserved remains of a mammoth and had no idea what it was? Im sure it would result in atleast a few stories.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Funnily enough I had dinner at the Tibetan Kitchen on Friday with some friends and was gobsmacked by just how much the staff looked Bolivian. Not just the people themselves (they could have been South American I guess, nobody would know) but the style of dress looked all but identical.

I know that's just a small silly thing but it really stayed with me, especially since one could hardly find 2 countries further apart.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

During this 'Golden' age we co-habited this planet with our Serpent Gods. Literal ones. Or at the very least were visited far more frequently and in the open due to their acceptance that these beings were our Gods. In todays world though we know these beings aren't God, or the creator of this universe (because I suspect the Abrahamic God is one or a group of these Serpent beings posing as the Creator of the universe).

That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's aliens! I saw it on history channel!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Well you've got as much proof as I do on the matter, so there is no reason to trust you anymore than I.

Indeed, "It is true that Christians cannot claim to be better than anyone else. True also is that the world cannot claim that faith makes us worse."

Oh and God as a word is derived from the word good luck. Not good. Good actually comes from the word god, which both come from something of the gut, or worthy of.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

So are you implying that Mayans were carving elephants because they had memory of mastodons?
Then why not carve a mastodon?
And if that is the case, why are there no carvings of mastodons done by one of the precursor paleo indian groups that became Mayans?
Mammoths and mastodons died out around 8000 BC and Mayans arrived around 2000 BC.
Are we to believe by your theory that for six thousand years, they held onto the memory of a long dead species, with the intention of someday learning to carve it into a monument?
Is that what you are trying to tell us?
This seems more logical to you than the possibility that they had contact with other cultures of the time?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
...and why not Megatherion then? They were really common in the ice age in South America and far more impressive than a Mastodon..
Or Tapirs, or a Glyptodon, etc...
No, they just happen to choose an animal that was common in another part of the world at the time...
Your theory would also logically mean that the civ in Bali was basing their carvings on ancient animals as well, would it not?
edit on 13-8-2012 by ViktorHaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Really a great post, thanks OP. For me this is further evidence of the fact that some time ago North and South America were connected to Asia and Australia. It seems so obvious.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

We all know your thread is correct, let's not forget about lemuria which is even older than Atlantis, the pal-tal came here first a very long time ago. Here is another one for everyone. The reason Australian land is the oldest known land mass is because it was apart of the south west of the continent of mu

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Yes mu joined America and Australia

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There's also another interesting similarity that I've found..well, I'm sure someone else found it too, and at least *I* think it's interesting.

The images I procured are on a new-defunct replaced computer but what I found was that there'd be statues holding what appeared to be little boxes...or purses of some sort.

Now, there has been discussion on ATS about the particular nature of what those little purses might be, but what I hadn't seen (at least me) is that those little purses carried by mezoamerican statues are also found in statues the world over.

The similarity isn't ambiguous either - there are statues across the world that clearly depict some kind of "bag" being held by whoever the statue depicted. No spears, no scepters, crosses, jewelry, or other symbols of power..just...these little weird discrete boxes with thick handles. Many cultures around the world depicted it in their masonry. I wonder what they were depicting? Make-up compacts or nuclear batteries? LOL

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I agree with the OP on this. To quote Graham Hancock, we are a species with amnesia. Totally plausible that an ancient culture at their height spread their wings to other lands and built these amazing structures with their knowledge of stonework and masonry.
No different then the Spanish and English who set forth to conquer new lands, sadly destroying existing cultures wherever they went.
No doubt, all these ancient cultures were hit by some kind of cataclysm that has taken us their descendants thousands of years to rise to similar levels.
We may think we are more advanced but we still don't have the skills and knowledge to build many of these structures, I feel that these people were more at peace with their environment which is why they worked with stone
knowing that it will last the test of time.
How many of our skyscrapers will still be standing in 2000 years?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
well, the Polynesians really had a grand old time sailing everywhere in the Pacific back in the day...its not so farfetched that they also brought cultural influences with them along with their chickens and sweet potatoes

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I believe ancient man was much more intelligent and capable of travel that we never thought possible. I believe the ancient's sailed the seas long before any historical account presented it. Human ingenuity goes a long way and I think the similarity in structures is clear evidence for the trade of information over continents. PEOPLE ARE AMAZING!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Mother Temple of Besakih is Hindu Temple built in the typical south Indian style of temple architecture.
The mother temple of besakih is from the 14th century.
Rajendra Chola I of the Chola Dynasty of South India had conquered most of the south east asian kingdoms in the 14th century.
please refer to this link about the overseas conquests of Rajendra Chola I.

Hinduism had spread to the south east asian kingdoms from 1st century onwards and the temple styles of south india and eastern india has influenced the indonesian temple architectural styles. Also, Tamil sailors had reached upto Australia and Polynesia in their hey days. The Tamil Bellfound in New Zealand is an example.

South Indian temple architectural style typically has stepped pyramid construction. But that doesn't mean there is a surely a connection between the Inca architectural styles and Indian architectural styles.

Few examples of south indian temple architectural styles

Let us examine the very 1st set of photos of the doors.
The Balinese temple door has a Kirthimukha on it.
A Kirtimukha is a common feature found on south east asian temples and complexes.

yes, there is many similarities between the Kirtimukha of south indian temple architecture and lots of other places.

For example,

The Lanzon which is important statue of the central deity of the ancient Chavín culture of the central highlands of Peru.

The Gorgon
Clay plaque with Gorgon from the Temenos of the Athenaion of Syracuse, 570-550 BC.

The fearsome deities described under #4 of the website under the balinese style are all borrowed from South Indian temple architectural style.

There are lots of similarities between motifs used in south indian temple architectural styles and South American pre-Columbian Architectural Motifs. Which has to be studied properly.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
>bible codes

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

LOL

I seriously doubt you can tell whether that carving is a mastodon, or an elephant, or a tapir, or (insert name of any species related to elephant).

You still miss the point. Humans are considered to have been in the americas for over 30,000 years, well within the time that many of the "elephant" species were around......And ancient people LOVEEEd to pass down stories. And as i said earlier, they could also have found well preserved remains and deified it. These are potential theories, YEA. ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OF "ELEPHANTS" WAS PASSED DOWN THROUGH STORIES AND ARTWORK.

Theres also the possibility of occasional trade between ancient cultures in the east and west. It was bound to happen. see kontiki.

These theories are all way more plausible than the idea that there was some hyperadvanced golden civilization who spread their knowledge through the world with antigravity hover boats.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Some of those are dead ringers. The 3rd eye dot is an intersting one actually, indian culture also displays a dot in the same place. Nice find.
There is a theory and possible connection to this as per the below website. It is interesting to observe some of the structures resemble the 'Gopuram' that are common in the south of India.

Another archaeological discovery at the same place i.e. Piedras Negras,
Guatemala, is a stone stela (No. 12,
Plate No. 18, page 61 of 'The Ancient Maya' by S.G. Morley). A
mythological scene has been carved in this
stela, depicting the architectural and artistic maturity of the Maya
people of the Classic Stage (594 - 889 AD).
There is a beautiful image of a deity with eight hands (ashtabhuja).
The art style is discernibly Indian as in no
other religion of the world deities of this type were worshipped. It
may be mentioned that the ruling dynasty of
Mexico at the time of the conquest by Spaniards was 'Aztec' or Ashtak
(Eight). The evidence in the form of
such images leaves little doubt about the presence of Indian culture
amongst the ancient Mexicans. The stela
pertains to the period of more than eight centuries before Columbus set
foot on the soil of the so-called New
World.

LINK
edit on 13-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Samuelis
Some of those are dead ringers. The 3rd eye dot is an intersting one actually, indian culture also displays a dot in the same place. Nice find.
There is a theory and possible connection to this as per the below website. It is interesting to observe some of the structures resemble the 'Gopuram' that are common in the south of India.

Another archaeological discovery at the same place i.e. Piedras Negras,
Guatemala, is a stone stela (No. 12,
Plate No. 18, page 61 of 'The Ancient Maya' by S.G. Morley). A
mythological scene has been carved in this
stela, depicting the architectural and artistic maturity of the Maya
people of the Classic Stage (594 - 889 AD).
There is a beautiful image of a deity with eight hands (ashtabhuja).
The art style is discernibly Indian as in no
other religion of the world deities of this type were worshipped. It
may be mentioned that the ruling dynasty of
Mexico at the time of the conquest by Spaniards was 'Aztec' or Ashtak
(Eight). The evidence in the form of
such images leaves little doubt about the presence of Indian culture
amongst the ancient Mexicans. The stela
pertains to the period of more than eight centuries before Columbus set
foot on the soil of the so-called New
World.

LINK
edit on 13-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

Reading from that link, it has an interesting thought

Admiral Christopher Columbus mistakenly called the New World inhabitants as Indians. Although he corrected himself subsequently, the natives of Americas continued to be called 'Indians'. During the course of his third journey, Columbus came into contact with 'Maya' people.

If the Mayans were indeed descended from Indians from the Indian subcontinent, then Columbus was technically correct in his statement. One should then wonder where Columbus came up with that term. We all know (or have been told) the story of how Columbus made a mistake when landing there because he thought he was going to China. But his first encounter was not with Mayans, it was in San Salvador.

Voyages of Christopher Columbus

Another interesting thing is this

Thinking he had found China, he sent two men to investigate. They were Rodrigo de Jerez and Luis de Torres, a converted Jew who spoke Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic in addition to Spanish. Columbus had brought him as an interpreter.
Why would Columbus feel the need to take Hebrew interpreters with him on a voyage to "China"?

Why did Columbus not think these people were Chinese? Instead, he called them Indians. And what I think is even more intriguing is this, through trade with Europe, it was known how the Chinese dressed and what cloths they used. Columbus might have been theorizing something else in preparing for his voyages, but in looking for China he encountered people he called Indians, thinking they were from India, which is not what he was looking for.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Imagine a catastrophe happens that wipes out a large portion of the human race.
Only eskimos survive. Over several thousand years they migrate down to South America
and eventually cross over to Europe, and the rest of the continents and build up a new advanced civilization.
The only structures that they find from the 21st century are Cathedrals.

Cars, skyscrapers of glass and steel, cruise ships all rust away and breakdown. But some of the large stone
cathedrals have survived.

They find these buildings in both the Americas and Europe.

Question:
Would they attribute these buildings to the same religion? Could they identify the similarities?

With large ships, and airplanes of metal rusted away, would they say these cultures from both
sides of the world had influence on each other, or would they say they developed apart?

With scaffolding, cranes, etc rusted away, would they know how these cathedrals were built?
Even the earlier medieval ones?

Would they assume that most of the cathedrals were built in the 21st century?

Would they assume that in the 21st century humans were living in the stone age?
Would they look at the paintings in the cathedrals and assume that this is how we dressed, worked, looked?

with golden helmets around our heads?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join