It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by JesusChristwins

Jews from Arabic origin.

The Jews of Arabic origin means someone is Saudi, Yemeni, or Omani. The language of Arabic is younger than Aramaic, and Arabic is based in Aramaic. I think you have your Arabic history confused.

Mary and Joseph were not Arabic. Abraham was not Arabic. Moses was not Arabic. David was not Arabic. At the time the OT was written, Arabs were Bedouins and very ethnically and culturally different than Jacob and his sons. Abraham was from Ur of the Chaldees, which became Persian and is now Iran and Iraq. Those two nations are now Muslim because of the Islamic invasions and forced Arabic upon them.

You need to get your Arab history correct and not from the propaganda of Islamic sources. Islam came about 700 years after Jesus. The Arab written language came about 200 years after that. This is all true but suppressed within Islamic countries. Many Muslims are not aware of the pre-history of Islam.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Elohim is a title.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

And this is why one should study linguistics. Any Hebrew word ending in "im" means it is plural. Eloha means God, Elohim means Gods and every place in the Bible where this word is applied it is in conjunction with three men who appear. The same is with the word Adonai. It is plural. We see this in Genesis 18 when Abraham is at his tent and three men appear to which they are called Adonai, not Adoni.

Elohim is the basis for the concept of the Trinity as well as Adonai.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

The only folks in that region were the medes, and Abraham was not a mede. While it is true that Arabs today live in the Saudi peninsula, those to the north in Babylonia and the lot were from the same source. Same cultures more or less. Iran, under Muslim rule, often grouped them in the same generic Arabic title.

Hebrew is actually very closely linked to Egyptian and Phoenician type script. They were sea peoples. And in many cases they were arabic. I am talking about arabic as a genotype, not a cultural type nor meme.

So that may be our confusion. Also Moses married Bedouin, and it's sort of implied they followed the same God.

I know Elohim is plural. But it is still a title. It can also mean the three in one as would be pointed out by Genesis 18. But as you may have noticed I am not perfect in knowing which clause of the word is which. I only know the generic terminology of the word is a title.

I was sort of attempting to lead on that the name is Yahweh for God. And that you get Yehshua for Jesus. Holy spirit still has no name, but holy spirit is not the right term for it.

Funny how off topic this is, but is it? If the same script in Spain used by Carthage is the same prototype for Hebrew used as far east as the Jews in Iran, why not then the same for South east Asia and Americas?

You brought the topics up. And usually the one needing to go so far into left field is the one without source for what they say.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Thoughtful and thought provoking thread - love it! I looked at the photographs and for me - I see distinct similarities yes but what I noted - foremost before I started to analyse - was the artistic approach.

The Balinese use a fluid style and include a gentleness and depth to the dimension of the works. The Mayans utilised a very squared and non-fluid style - more solidly structured and angled. The ornateness of the Balinese is suggestive of a gentler society???? The Mayans seem to have used the fundamentals and the Balinese kept developing their techniques and thus became more ornate?? Just my initial thoughts.

Art came to mind first because all cultures have left us some remnant of art - visual, sculptured with many artefacts decorated. Definite similarities and not to be ignored - hard to find the answers without the beauty of books and recorded notes. It is unfortunate that so many of the Mayan Codi were burnt - they certainly tried to record their history with their detailed and colourful pictographic literary style. Perhaps the Balinese writing could be compared with the Mayan Codi by someone who is acquainted with those type of historical recordings.

Thank you for a wonderful thread.

Much Peace...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My theory, and it is shear speculation, is the "expanding planet hypothesis".

This idea is about the material that comes to Earth each day from outer space. Debris piles up in tons a day, if I recall correctly, falling to the lower atmosphere as solid matter. Anyway, the material gets sucked down to the tectonic plate subduction zone and thus increases the mass of the planet until it expands the land masses and stretches the planet to make room. This would be able to occur during large earthquakes perhaps. So, as each society appears to be a long way apart, perhaps a few thousand years ago the regions were at least close enough for travelling by boat, or spaceship for those so inclined to think anti gravity was being utilized ( flying carpets anyone?). Any differences would be explained by the word of mouth changes that occur when a story is told by one to another to another.... etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
My theory, and it is shear speculation, is the "expanding planet hypothesis".

This idea is about the material that comes to Earth each day from outer space. Debris piles up in tons a day, if I recall correctly, falling to the lower atmosphere as solid matter. Anyway, the material gets sucked down to the tectonic plate subduction zone and thus increases the mass of the planet until it expands the land masses and stretches the planet to make room. This would be able to occur during large earthquakes perhaps. So, as each society appears to be a long way apart, perhaps a few thousand years ago the regions were at least close enough for travelling by boat, or spaceship for those so inclined to think anti gravity was being utilized ( flying carpets anyone?). Any differences would be explained by the word of mouth changes that occur when a story is told by one to another to another.... etc.

That is simply fascinating. But would that not still be occurring today and would the world not be expanding as we speak?

Thor Heyerdahl proved that the Pacific Islanders could easily travel from island to island on boats much like his Kontiki. The oceans were not a barrier to the ancients. The invention of written communication preserved stories but I would not say that all oral traditions changed over time. In Africa, people still use griots for historical purposes. Those griots never changed a word in oral tradition so I would accept that ancient cultures also placed emphasis on people like the griots.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

In answer to that, I think it must be an ongoing process if it ever was because of the tectonic plate activity so well documented. So any planet with tectonic plates where they dive under one another should have this geological event. Provided there is any debris accumulating from outer space. I suppose we could be in an active zone for such debris fields. Our primary source being the asteroid belt that could be from an exploded planet (Immanuel Velekovski sp?).
edit on 12-8-2012 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
there was an extinct beast similar to an elephant that was found in some places in south america.
i forget its name at the moment but it has been talked about on ats before.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary
there was an extinct beast similar to an elephant that was found in some places in south america.
i forget its name at the moment but it has been talked about on ats before.

Why not, since we know there was something like a mastodon or similar in N. America? Any animal connection is answered by Pangea which was a continent that had some kind of expansion or separation so oceans exist between continents.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Justoneman because: needed more explanation.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by zroth

He said god of this world, not god. It's indeed mentioned in many different places, even outside Christianity, that the god of this world is not the almighty God. Indeed the god of this world is the one to be overthrown. the almighty one is invading his ownership.

Even the name "God" is not a name. It is our version of the Hebrew Elohim. Elohim is not a name, but a title. God, the word we use, comes from a pagan god by the same generic name.

In order to find out the name of that almighty one above who gave his son for sacrifice, you have to go searching quite a bit.

Don't defend the illogical. There is one God.

No one else gets that title.

God = Good if you going to try to explain the root.

Nothing you said removes the fallacy in the logic.

On topic, there is no question that real global civilization existed before the biblical flood.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VerySweetMan

Of course it's just speculation. What's wrong with that? Why does speculation bother you? If we never speculated on anything we would never form any ideas to base anything on. We speculate and then we research to prove or disprove our speculations. That's how it works.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
this is more like confirming an AA theory isnt it? It would mean the same figures that are depicted traveled the world

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

This is a great post so s & f.

The similarities are hard to ignore not just between these two cultures but this is perhaps one of the best examples. Academia tries very hard to dispute and refute what seems apparent to anyone else not bound by university ties and grants and the status quo because lets face it; they would have to admit that there seems to be a hidden history that dates back to the megalithic era.

This has always been a point of contention because we were supposed to be hunting and gathering, not building astronomically precise temples that would last through the ages. I guess someone would have to admit they were wrong. The curriculum would have to be changed and Oh the paperwork! This is of course assuming the efforts to discredit these findings are done in ignorance and not actually deliberate which may in fact appear closer to the mark.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

lol you seemed to have missed my point i was just mentioning an elephant like creature that could have been depicted, i was not saying anything in disagreement with anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My God !!! Sponge Bob Squarepants is an ancient concept!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My guess is that both cultures ingested similar plants/substances - revered in shamanic/indigenous cultures and taken in ceremonial settings to commune with the divine - and encountered the same type of "deities"/archetypal/collective unconscious images while in their "non-ordinary" consciousness states. Snakes are an incredibly common encounter, in particular, upon taking a certain brew-that-shall-not-be-named. Accounts, especially those from modern-day lifelong practicing shamans, are truly fascinating.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Awesome compilation. Some of these features are shared with other ancient structures in different geographical locations. Definitely lends credence to the Golden Age culture theory. Granted I'm not very well versed in this theory, but it brings to mind the Biblical story of the Tower of Babel in the book of Genesis.

S&F for you OP.

I wonder why the Balinese structures are so much more ornate. Possibly some sort of revitalization type thing?
Regardless, I love it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

On topic, there is no question that real global civilization existed before the biblical flood.

There are myriad questions,and that's before one even begins to address the flood scenario.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Wasn't this explained by the Horizon Project?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VerySweetMan

Sorry for being offtopic but dude.. why'd you steal my avatar?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join