It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's obvious that both were working with the same blue-print's, with slight variations representing the culture of the land. I don't understand why people are so rigid in their views of history, we probably know 2% of the big picture of Earth's history, yet when there is compelling evidence that show's irrefutable similarity's we find 1000 different ways to explain it away.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

irrefutable similarities.

No one denies they look similar. But that doesn't mean they were "working off the same blueprints".

If they both had the same set of numbers inscribed on their tombs, then I would say, ya theres probably something going on here.

However, admiring or respecting elephants and snakes in not incredibly unique, special, or creative. A lot of these can be explained as simple coincidence.

For example, the arched doorway. wiki Very common. Theres a few ways to make stable doorways in architecture, especially when building with stone. Why wouldnt two cultures be able to come up with this? Its not an incredibly complex design. IF i had to learn how to build a doorway, why wouldnt you eventually try this method?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017
There are surely striking similarities, kind of a common theme amongst 'ancient structures'... it kinda makes me wonder sometimes how this could be.

In my opinion, it looks as if these two had their own similar paths of development, but none the less are complete individuals themselves.

This very type of 'evolution' being possible, the mimic'ing and such of patterns used for communication manifests some real interesting questions as to how 'everything works'. I'd even go as far to say that this 'Golden Age' or whatever it's called, in this proposed theory is certainly plausible. I've actually suggested this myself many times. I wouldn't go as far to claim that they were more spiritual, rather... they had a totally different comprehension of what we call 'reality'. I suggest checking out Bicameralism (psychology). The evolution of consciousness, communication and/or cognition is some interesting story that I've been researching for a while now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human brain once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind. The term was coined by psychologist Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind as recently as 3000 years ago.

S&F's

Perhaps this might be where dreams could play a role.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by jaws1975

irrefutable similarities.

No one denies they look similar. But that doesn't mean they were "working off the same blueprints".

If they both had the same set of numbers inscribed on their tombs, then I would say, ya theres probably something going on here.

However, admiring or respecting elephants and snakes in not incredibly unique, special, or creative. A lot of these can be explained as simple coincidence.

For example, the arched doorway. wiki Very common. Theres a few ways to make stable doorways in architecture, especially when building with stone. Why wouldnt two cultures be able to come up with this? Its not an incredibly complex design. IF i had to learn how to build a doorway, why wouldnt you eventually try this method?

That's an awful lot of "coincidences." I would agree with you except the examples are much to similar. The elephants, dragons, and statues have similar or almost matching poses. The dragons at the ends of the pyramid stairs. The elephants and so forth. Why would they both choose the same animals/creatures/beings? Coincidences are like miracles, they just rarely happen and for all of that to be coincidental, it would really have to be a miracle.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Really? to much of a coincidence? lol. you seem to forget that back in those days, people didnt have TV or magazines or celebrities to gossip about. All they had back then to work with and think about were the things present in their environment. Of course back then there would be lots of similarities because they were all working with basically the same things. The things present in their immediate environment.

As I mentioned earlier -

Elephants - some of the largest land animals humans have ever dealt with. They were hunted for food. Humans learned quickly to respect these animals due to their raw power and ability to kill ancient man with one charge or swipe. Society always deifies the "best of the best". Its like asking "why would the greeks deify hercules?" Because he was the best of the best. They didn't deify scrawny kids. And yes i know hercules is a myth. Or rather, symbolism.

The same with snakes. The snake is one of the most COMMON symbols in the ancient. Just check for yourself lol.
en.wikipedia.org...(symbolism)
en.wikipedia.org...

Some cultures linked the northern or southern lights to serpents or serpent spirits.
Other cultures linked the serpent to death and rebirth (being able to shed skin).
I could go on.

What you need to understand is that it was very common for people to incorporate their environment into their religions and symbols. In fact, the environment was probably the ONLY thing ancients drew their religion and symbolism from.

Just go look at the cross of the zodiac. This symbol represents the yearly cycle we go through on earth. It depicts the 12 months, the seasons, the equinoxes, ect. Everything this symbol represents is related to the environment. Any ancient society who kept track of this yearly cycle would eventually realize the same things.
how long a year was, when the equinoxes were, the regular order of the seasons, ect..
It didnt require different societies to share this info, as it was easily discoverable by people back then.

And remember what i said, they didnt have TV back then. The day was spent understanding the environment, and the nights were spent understanding the skies. Societies focusing on these two things for extended amounts of time will be likely to realize or think of very similar things.

You should look into archaic or jungian archetypes-
"developed an understanding of archetypes as being "ancient or archaic images that derive from the collective unconscious". The archetypes are also referred to as innate universal psychic dispositions which form the substrate from which the basic symbols or representations of unconscious experience emerge"
edit on 8/12/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I had actually considered posting it before. I'll go ahead and tell you that the blog you posted; ripped this information from Richard Cassaro. I just hadn't had the chance or the patience to write a thread on all of this. It is indeed the smoking gun in my honest opinion about there being a mother civilization such as Atlantis.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I won't say you are wrong, but in the case of the mayan animal representation I would say that is not an elephant. More chances to be one of the species of Tapir. The time elephants were around America (if that is confirmed), don't match with Mayan culture.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
maybe they were smoking the same stuff...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

I love ATS!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

This has actually been documented for a few decades now, but an excellent show of the data!

Here's some more for you:

The general idea is that somehow, though unknown how, there existed contact between the peoples of India and the Americas a few thousand years ago.

However, for all we know, it was just a crash landing of a boat full of priests. We honestly have no data on it. Just that the connection exists.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The general idea is that somehow, though unknown how, there existed contact between the peoples of India and the Americas a few thousand years ago.

I will be more agressive and say their gods were the same. A common source of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

reply to post by Trueman

Ever read the old Indian holy texts? I don't believe them on a religious note, but historically they have a lot of interesting weight to them. Add in the book of Enoch and a few other texts and you start to see a clear picture of a very advanced people whom were wiped out, by their gods.

But who were their gods?

False gods in my opinion. They had children, but it seems to be some sort of engineered form of life. They were of great size, consumed much, and were warlike.

They took over the nations and plunged them into war.

Simply put, these "gods" couldn't run the nations they told their slaves to build. They could not manage the things they ordered made in their image.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
James Churchward wrote a series of books about Mu (Lemuria).

One land which sank. Ring of fire. Original land. 12 or 13 colonies (think Mayans, Egypt, etc
. Common cosmology.

It is clear that there was a global civilization, seeded from some common culture.

Great thread. It is so obvious that we don't know anything about roots as a people.

Debunkers gonna debunk.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here are some evidence about the origin of these cultures.

I begin with this one

I continue with this one

I am gonna add this one also

If you look closely to the very first Mayan picture of this thread you will notice some Meandros or Meander(i don't know which is the correct one in English). If you ask what is a Meandros then type it on Google. In the next picture there are also many Meandros but they are not from a Mayan temple.

What i am trying to say is that these two civilizations have a huge similarity with the ancient Greek one! All of the above pictures represent an ancient Greek construction!

This may sound strange to you but facts are facts. Search for it and you are going to be amazed of the similarity the ancient Greek constructions have with constructions of other civilizations like the Mayans, the Indians or even the Egyptians!!!

100% true, 0% troll

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

The greeks took those designs from Eastern and Egyptian sources. So they were probably based off drawings from the east.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The Balinese and Mayans are indeed related. Long ago the earth's oceans were far shallower, and the Mayan's probably came from the eastern parts of the world, as would lead one to believe by the elephant carvings on their structures and such similar building and decorative techniques.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well, genetics don't support that. It seems more likely some from the east crash landed in the Americas.

Don't forget, we see the same similarities on the opposite side of the Americas. Greek writings, Roman coins, even a scratching in Hebrew once in a while.

America, simply put, has always been the dusty corner of the planet. Our entire history falls into it.

Rain 10,000 years of cultural debris onto a people, and eventually they'll build their own.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The NWO 's history says that the Greeks were established in Greek around 4500 BC.

The first of the Egyptians pyramids were built around 3000 BC!!!!!

Who took it from whom?

But if we accept that Atlantis trully existed and as a result accept what Plato said about the war between Atlantis and Greece at 9600 BC, then we must also accept that Greeks designed them before the Egyptians very very long ago!

Either way you see it they come first. Prove me i am wrong!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just wanted to provide a link to website of the author who wrote the original article...

Richard Cassaro

Hopefully some of you check out his other research.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusChristwins

uh, I don't know what history you're learning from, but there was no such thing as a greek culture 3000 bc.

The Minoans were the only greek culture that long ago, and the word "Greek" was nonexistent. The height of their people, and therefore the birth of Greek culture, occurred, around 2000-1800 bc. I might be a little off, but basically that's the era of the great palaces of the Minoans. By that time the Egyptians had both been established, and collapsed for their first time. In fact, they had stopped building pyramids all together by the time of the Greeks. The priests of Egypt demanded temples, and so the building of pyramids had died.

The Greek culture we know of, that is the Greek city states, the birth of democracy, etc etc, started after the collapse of the Mycenaean (who conquered the remains of the Minoans). This is from, more or less, only 1000-800 bc.That's the time of Homer, Of the philosophies, etc etc.

So yea uh, what history were you talking about?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join