It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Ancient Cultures On Opposite Sides Of The Pacific

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I didnt see this posted yet, lock if old

This article looks at the striking architectural and cultural similarities between the
Balinese and the Mayan cultures.

alternatenewsmedia2012.wordpress.com...

This is a very brief look at highlights of the parallels common to two ancient civilizations separated by the Pacific ocean. Like a jig-saw puzzle, the missing pieces of these twin cultures separated by the Pacific Ocean can be put together to reveal a common ancestry.

Scholars of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century believed they understood this ancestry. According to their research, in the dimness of remote Antiquity, in an age so prehistoric it is now lost to time and memory, there once existed a spiritually-advanced “Golden Age” civilization which far surpassed our own modern society culturally and spiritually. The world’s first cultures were all children of this Golden Age “Mother Culture,” and we can still see traces of it today in the many similarities shared by those civilizations that we understand to be the world’s first cultures.

The trouble is, if you mention this Golden Age culture to scholars by using the words “hyperdiffusion,” “Atlantis” or “Lost Civilization,” then not only have you lost their ear, but you’ve lost the ear of most people who hinge on every word the academics say (without thinking for themselves). Hyperdiffusionism is bubkis; that’s the academic line, and if you don’t tow it you’re through.

Hyperdiffusion:

“Hyperdiffusionism — the theory that all cultures originated from one [Golden Age] culture. Hyperdiffusionists deny that parallel evolution or independent invention took place to any great extent throughout history, they claim that…all cultures can be traced back to a single culture.”

— Wikipedia

If science holds up the "out of africa" theory, then doesn't that result in hyper-diffusion?

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Aug 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed pictures

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Aug 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
this is very interesting!
can someone explain to me why the mayans have an elephant statue!!!!
that is nutty!!!
i guess its in the same realm as angor wat and there stegasoauras carvings!!!
history is a mystery!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Some of those are dead ringers. The 3rd eye dot is an intersting one actually, indian culture also displays a dot in the same place. Nice find.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are surely striking similarities, kind of a common theme amongst 'ancient structures'... it kinda makes me wonder sometimes how this could be.

In my opinion, it looks as if these two had their own similar paths of development, but none the less are complete individuals themselves.

This very type of 'evolution' being possible, the mimic'ing and such of patterns used for communication manifests some real interesting questions as to how 'everything works'. I'd even go as far to say that this 'Golden Age' or whatever it's called, in this proposed theory is certainly plausible. I've actually suggested this myself many times. I wouldn't go as far to claim that they were more spiritual, rather... they had a totally different comprehension of what we call 'reality'. I suggest checking out Bicameralism (psychology). The evolution of consciousness, communication and/or cognition is some interesting story that I've been researching for a while now.

en.wikipedia.org...

Bicameralism (the philosophy of "two-chamberedness") is a hypothesis in psychology that argues that the human brain once assumed a state in which cognitive functions were divided between one part of the brain which appears to be "speaking", and a second part which listens and obeys—a bicameral mind. The term was coined by psychologist Julian Jaynes, who presented the idea in his 1976 book The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind, wherein he made the case that a bicameral mentality was the normal and ubiquitous state of the human mind as recently as 3000 years ago.

S&F's

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's going to be hard to get academics to accept a theory we only have circumstantial evidence for at best. I personally believe it will prove out with time. Though maybe not quite in the way we might think at present. But it has some big hurdles to get over first.

To prove a single civilization that all others came out of, we need more than just architectural similarities. We need some solid evidence in several cultural areas that when the puzzle pieces are gathered, paint a tapestry that is hard to ignore.

Then we have other questions begging to be answered. Was this single civilization the pinnacle of those after it? Or was it merely the beginning, and common ideas built the cultures that advanced afterward?

Not to get religious, but from a Jewish, and even Christian perspective, Hyperdiffusionism is very acceptable considering the story of Nimrod, and the tower of Babel. That story, without the supernatural embellishments, stands as a very old "witness" to hyperdiffusionism, if true that is.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
this is very interesting!
can someone explain to me why the mayans have an elephant statue!!!!
that is nutty!!!
i guess its in the same realm as angor wat and there stegasoauras carvings!!!
history is a mystery!!!
I saw that too, and I'm guessing it's an anteater.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I remember being in grade school and getting in trouble for "ignoring the facts to spread fantasy". I had my entire class convinced of this. We came back from recess and presented our ideas to our teacher who was not to happy because we wanted to modify the homework assignment to reflect what we thought was sthe correct history. Sister mary was a dumbass. Kids often have more insight than the adults who make them dumb.

This is the truth. There was a mother culture and we had more to learn from it than everything we came up with after.

Bullocks is what I say to all academia. Bullocks.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The cultures around the world have ancient ties so there should be similarities in their structures. World travel by ancient people happened. Think about it, would ships all of a sudden appear amongst all ancient cultures around the same time three thousand years ago? No, some cultures had ships long before that and showed that technology to others. You don't go straight from a cave man to a sea merchant, there was lot of technology by some civilizations in the middle. Look at today, have we really changed much in the last fourty years? Sure we created space shuttles which had maintenance costs higher than single use rockets to get into space. We could have launched these payloads into space separately with less cost.

Forty years ago we had computers but not personal ones and they were more work than they were worth. Now we got computers and forgot how to think for ourselves. What about cars? Seems like the new ones are just more complicated and riddled with recalls. If you get in an accident they crumple all up. I like the old cars better, just think what a little of the technology would have done for them. We are polluting the earth at an increasing rate, sure the USA doesn't have any factories anymore but we still consume products who's production destroys the environment.

We have learned to put our country into debt and ourselves also buying things we really don't need to survive. I bring this up to show that people don't rapidly change, only hide the facts that they don't change with each advancement in deceptive thought. Mankind wants to be more advanced than our ancestors were and changes their perception of logic to show it.

So to wrap this up I will say that just because there is no proof that there wasn't a very good shipping industry five thousand plus years ago doesn't mean it didn't exist. It just means we have not found evidence. There appears to be a lot of time of change in perception between these styles, like many generations of separation had occurred between their creations. Maybe a thousand years before their creation were the new settlers relocated. Long enough to have basic similarities but short enough for the main appearance changes to occur. The copying of pictures from generation to generation allows small changes because of tradition. There appears to be at least twenty generations of change in these things @ fifty years a generational change.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I definitely see the resemblance between the two. It looks like one is more artistic with the other more structured.

Sort of like Anime vs Spongebob
(just joking)

Makes me think of this:

kurungabaa.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Very interesting when presented as this Thread has displayed. I would not be surprised if the deity/god worshiped in both cases, was not the same.

Deities and gods are not bound to specific areas on this planet, and over the course of time, it should be expected their influences would travel as well.

We can see evidence of this, but to a less traveled scale, within the Mid East and Med Basin areas, where the same deities and gods are worshipped in varying cultures, but with different names. (Ishtar/Dianna same deity, different name, different peoples, different time)

But unlike what is seen in the area I noted above, I do not recall such a detailed resemblence anywhere in the Old World.

Truly Remarkable.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You do make a valid and deserving comment, in regards to Ancient America. BC America and who was here.

There is a lot of evidence that suggest European and Med Based cultures where here long before the presumed Viking arrival, let alone Columbus.

Chaldean, Hebrew, Lybian and Ancient Ogham are all found here, in the presumed New World. (If one is accepting of these as evidence of course).

Some have similar observations regarding Pacific Based Cultures.

So, it cant be simply dismissed just because someone believes it couldn't have occured. Ocean Currents are quite farourable on both American Coast to make such travels quite easy to accomplish.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I don't see it. The Bali sculptures are often laughing, the Mayans rarely are.

Proof!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, we already think that the Indian nations wandered over the northern pole from Eurasia.

However, in this case ... it pretty much looks like, that it's not merely the fauna on the two sides that are related, but also cultures have similar background. If it wasn't for carbon dating, I'd say these cultures existed in close proximity of each other and that the pacific was not as big as it is now

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Hi.

Great post.

There are very obvious similarities here indeed. I wonder what the time frame for the building of the various structures are? Were they built around the same time or are they from different time periods? An answer to that would give us a clue as to how they relate to each other better I guess.

S&F for you!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The Chinese did have multi-masted, sea-going vessels that could reach the america's over 2K-3K years ago (probably earlier - the earliest known record was around 220BC - even then, the ship was already multi-masted and extremely large). Wouldn't seem unlikely that the Chinese tried to set up a trade route with them. Both sides have many other similarities - the dragon thing, astronomy, 'advanced' math that didn't seem right for the Mayan's. The Chinese probably stopped trading after the whole "let's sacrifice a human to our gods" thing...or when that crazy emperor decided to burn the fleet due to a dream he had.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Meh. A lot of these similiarities are nothing more than societies both finding optimals ways of doing things. Such as the arched door. MANY societies had arched doors because they were very stable. And in all honesty, how creative do you have to be to come up with an idea like that? not very!

Also, many of the motiffs and styles are archaic and almost instinctual. One of the main archaic symbols is the snake or dragon. or ouroboros. just about every culture has a version of this.

But what im really trying to say is, humans are creative, and yet we also prefer similar things. For example, most people prefer architecture to be somewhat symmetrical. Does this mean all the ancients got together and conspired to make all architecture symmetrical? Or just that its a common theme among human architecture because it pleases the human eye?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Nothing interesting at all. You really think a society like the Mayans could never have seen an animal in the elephant family?

The mastodon - "It is known from fossils found ranging from present-day Alaska and New England in the north, to Florida, southern California, and as far south as Honduras.

Though their habitat spanned a large territory, mastodons were most common in the ice age spruce forests of the eastern United States, as well as in warmer lowland environments. Their remains have been found as far as 300 kilometers offshore of the northeastern United States, in areas that were dry land during the low sea level stand of the last ice age. Mastodon fossils have been found in South America;"

dont forget there were many other species in the elephant family as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

#1. Stepped pyramids? It is no feat of imagination to adore a pyramid with steps on the outside of it. Chances are, you will find to civilizations who decided to do this independently.

#2. The snake is one of the most archaic symbols in human history. Just about every culture had a reference to them. The snake symbology is most likely a reference to the northern/southern lights or humans almost instinctual dislike of snakes.

#3. Arch doorway - very common, also a very structurally sound way of creating a door. Not terribly creative either.

#4. fearsome to you maybe? Do we know these are supposed to instill fear in their viewers? all ancient cultures loved to adorn their architecture in art. why not? this is nothing more than a simple coincidence, and im sure you can find many examples of this in other cultures.

#5. Again, the serpent is an extremely common archaic symbol.

#6. do we know the mayan dude is harnessing spiritual energy? I always thought this was a reference to mans ability to do things with his hands unlike every other creature. either way I dont see how this has to be a conspiracy and not just a coincidence.

#7. and? is it impossible for separate cultures to have similiar ideas? especially when those ideas are fairly simple.

#8. Elephants are some of the largest land animals and im sure we learned long ago to respect these creatures for their raw power. Also, elephants were all over the world, including South America. Its not surprising that both of these cultures would incorporate this into their artwork.

#9 Again, Im pretty sure most people who were clever enough to build these temples were clever enough to think "hey lets make this doorway look like a mouth". If i were to build a temple, I'd do it too, cause its badass bro!

#10. Another example of archaic artwork. This symbol and its variations are found ALL over the world. This is an example of what you may know of as the "Cross of the zodiac". image of CoZ. Anyone who has watched Zeitgeist will see this. If you count the indents, you will notice they all have 12. And I am fairly positive the indentation design is to symbolize the sun and its crown of thorns. Again, this symbol is one of the oldest designs in human history.

edit on 8/12/2012 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If you watch the last episode of Battlestar Galactica.

It pretty much explains a lot of this.

I know, it's a sci fi show. But they would throw in a lot of topics that are talked about on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join