It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphere/Aircraft ejects object, or does it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

This video has kind of confused me. At first I automatically assumed I was looking at another helicopter in night-vision. In fact, this still might very well be the case. Never the less, I'd appreciate it if some of you could scrutinize this with me.

Please examine this one closely, you'll notice that at 38 seconds on the dot, this 'helicopter' seems to be dropping some sort of plasma (Maybe a flare or phosphorous) --- But if you closely examine this, it actually looks as if though the 'ejection' ocurrs above the object/helicopter in suspect.

Also between 40 seconds and the end of the video, you can make out a very fast moving object moving from the left-to-behind the middle tree in the video. ---- could this be evidence that this video was actually 'sped up' some how?

I'm a bit annoyed that whoever uploaded this video did not release the footage in it's entirety. I think the channeler may be the uploader, so I will try to contact him about getting more.

Fishy is all. Anyone seen anything like this?
If it is indeed some sort of flare being ejected, it sure is dropping at a very high rate of speed (similar to object moving left to right at 41 seconds) --- I still wonder if this video was sped up at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The main object seems to have standard flashing lights that all aircraft have, so I would say thats earth bound tech.

The drop, could be a part falling off, could be dropping something like a flare.

The streak could be a shooting star, they can be much more visible on IR than with the naked eye, I say this because it disappears behind the tree and doesn't continue on much like shooting stars can once they burn up completely.

THose would be my uneducated guesses.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I think the object that appears to be dropped is in fact a Meteor given that its Perseid meteor shower time between 11 and 14 Aug , that's the reason the video is so short .... good timing on their part to catch the helicopter and meteor together

Perseid meteor shower this weekend

edit on 12-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Its an orbital defence shock troop! Haha jk

Doesn't seem like a shooting star because it directly comes from the front bottom of the object.
What I don't get is why he was recording a random airplane though if it was blinking.
Im stumped ...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I think the object that appears to be dropped is in fact a Meteor given that its Perseid meteor shower time between 11 and 14 Aug , that's the reason the video is so short .... good timing on their part to catch the helicopter and meteor together

Perseid meteor shower this weekend

edit on 12-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

That's a good explanation, of course. Surely some great synchronization if this is indeed the case.
I've sent the guy who uploaded this a message.
Hopefully we can find the full footage.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

could be an apache helicopter firing a test missile. just a thought

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I zoomed in pretty close to the video and the flash gets brighter on the craft when it drops it.
Or is it just a reflection?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

For some reason that didn't cross my mind! I see no reason to rule that out as a possibility - unfortunately my laptop is crapping out on me and won't let me view this in 1080p until I let her rest a bit. I think that it if is a helicopter, then the blades above it might be causing a brief reflection of the "flare" or "missile" or "alien ectoplasm".

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

could be an apache helicopter firing a test missile. just a thought

Sure sure, but if this isn't some gaudy reflection from the helicopter blades - how does an aircraft fire something from above it?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I came to thinking again... what would be the astronomical chances of a person randomly videotaping an aircraft, a meteor starting directly under the craft, AND the direction of the meteor having no angle whatsoever to its trajectory. It just doesn't add up don't you think. It goes strait down, I been watching the shower tonight and NONE of them went strait down.... hmm

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Regardless of what those lights were, the one that moves vertically doesn't fall from the one moving horizontally, as it appears above it.

I don't know if the fact that, when both lights are near each other (from the camera's point of view), they look brighter is a side effect of the way the camera works, as it had two light sources too near each other, but I think it's possible.

And yes, I do believe in coincidences, they are always messing with my programming.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Did anyone else see the shooting star between the trees?! Dang I just noticed Haha.

Its directly after the big shooting light...

I think I've just changed my mind about something

Gah that sucks.
edit on 12-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ooh, thanks for that GIF. Pretty fascinating coincidence right there, eh?

I think Gortex may be on it with the meteor shower, but this sure is strange in my opinion.

One of these days you're gunna have to show me how to make a GIF like that

I have exceeded my four hour editing limit - do you think you could paste that to the top of the page for the folks who can't be bothered to read my description?
Much appreciated.
edit on 12-8-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Once again, my belief it is an Apache helicopter firing practice missiles at night time over an army range.

WARNING: COURSE LANGUAGE IN VIDEO

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes but that could be caused by the light from the aforementioned descending object reflecting off of the camera's optics and being picked up by the IR sensors.

Given the angle of the videographer with relation to the object, it would be feasible for a reflection/flare to appear above the actual object emitting light - Whether it be infrared or visible.

This would make sense for a flare/reflection to occur at the point the object leaves the aircraft if it is some kind of flare or chaff cartridge being expended from the aircraft via an electrically initiated squib (which is typical in aircraft from Helicopters to F-16's to C-130's) since the point it leaves the aircraft will be the brightest the object will get.

The initiator expends, light from the chaff/flare is given off along with the light given off from the expenditure and the light is reflected back into the camera's optics - after which, the light from the object dissipates (either because the flare burns off or the chaff material expands too much for the IR to pick up a reflection).

-ChriS
edit on 15-8-2012 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Given the angle of the videographer with relation to the object, it would be feasible for a reflection/flare to appear above the actual object emitting light - Whether it be infrared or visible.

Isn't the descending object almost exactly in the same position as the main object, in relation to the camera? Why isn't there a reflection from the main object?

top topics

join