It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Evolution is the Adult version for real magic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
If we both believe in miracles (God magic sounds like fairy tales so I wont use it myself) then I expect we accept another spiritual reality unexplainable by science.
A spiritual dimension ...wait for it....wait for it....atheists deny....thats all.

Well from crazy evidence, not 1,000s of ex-military men talking about a cover-up having to do with aliens, but I believe in aliens.

So all that exists without thought - I am faithful it exists, I don't need to question anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

You sir need to pick up a physics textbook newer then the 1960's.

Read up on "M Theory", a possible answer to your, where did the big bang come from? magic? question.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

If we both believe in miracles (God magic sounds like fairy tales so I wont use it myself) then I expect we accept another spiritual reality unexplainable by science.
A spiritual dimension ...wait for it....wait for it....atheists deny....thats all.

Well from crazy evidence, not 1,000s of ex-military men talking about a cover-up having to do with aliens, but I believe in aliens.

So all that exists without thought - I am faithful it exists, I don't need to question anymore.

MMMmm
You lost me.
Christians like me believe in aliens, we call them demons, fallen spirits. Atheists deny them. Its not ex military men that teach and explain, its Gods word.
Best you start thinking, you need to question everyday

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
reply to post by borntowatch

You sir need to pick up a physics textbook newer then the 1960's.

Read up on "M Theory", a possible answer to your, where did the big bang come from? magic? question.

Ha ha haaa
You sir are full of it
Do you read what you write??? a possible answer A possible answer. You believe that stuff, fairys and goblins as well I bet.
You couldnt write this stuff. Where is the evidence. M(agic)Theory is made up to make people like you believe somebody knows something. It is baseless theory, the best they got, but baseless.

You need to stop believing all the stuff these people shovel you. A possible answer, are you kidding me, a possible answer.

MTheory is grasping at straws, its pathetic
galileospendulum.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Le SIGH
You know what unicorn means, simply one (uni) horn (corn)
So effectively any animal with one horn is described as a unicorn. I guess fairytales are pre eminent in your mind so you see only pink horses with horns flying in the sky through rainbows.

Thats not exactly logical.

I see, so it's any animal with one singular horn.....such as the Narwhal or the unicorn fish.....or maybe the one singular species of rhino with one horn, the Indian Rhino (the rest have two 'horns'), but then Rhinos technically don't have horns and haven't ever been domesticated in order to plough fields.....I mean...Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee? Job 39:9

The bible talks more about unicorns (7 times over 5 books) than it does homosexuality or abortion......I bet not many christians know that.....

So yeah, a book containing fairy tale creatures and magic.......sounds an ideal basis for a worldview........until you hit puberty....

edit on 4-9-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

MMMmm
You lost me.
Christians like me believe in aliens, we call them demons, fallen spirits. Atheists deny them. Its not ex military men that teach and explain, its Gods word.

What do I need to question?

Why the world hates me?

Why the world killed Jesus?

Why the world doesn't believe in the story?

Why Ask Why???

That's what I meant. It is very ignorant to nail someone who metaphorically speaks, what they say has more than one meaning, and what is usually chose to argue against is not that of which the sentence means. Ignorance walking in an invisible world.

The military men was a sentence inspired by a recent Roswell thread - they listen so much to this government enitity's final word and they fail to listen to any of the 100s of men who were inside the government and say different than this ultimate overall government entity testimony. They know that someone has to be lying and they believe the entity over the people - that is complete ignorance.

I am not saying that I know the greys are physical beings more than they are ghosts or something else, and the greatest abduction researchers of all time also do not know this. I am saying that I believe, not in the aliens but people.
edit on 4-9-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Le SIGH
You know what unicorn means, simply one (uni) horn (corn)
So effectively any animal with one horn is described as a unicorn. I guess fairytales are pre eminent in your mind so you see only pink horses with horns flying in the sky through rainbows.

Thats not exactly logical.

I see, so it's any animal with one singular horn.....such as the Narwhal or the unicorn fish.....or maybe the one singular species of rhino with one horn, the Indian Rhino (the rest have two 'horns'), but then Rhinos technically don't have horns and haven't ever been domesticated in order to plough fields.....I mean...Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee? Job 39:9

The bible talks more about unicorns (7 times over 5 books) than it does homosexuality or abortion......I bet not many christians know that.....

So yeah, a book containing fairy tale creatures and magic.......sounds an ideal basis for a worldview........until you hit puberty....

edit on 4-9-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

Most people wouldnt know that about single horned creatures appearing in the bible, I guess because its not relevant to our lives today, and still for some reason you are stuck on believing that the unicorn described is a horse, or an animal alive today.
Maybe its an animal is extinct

As for homosexuality and abortion, its irrelevant. For Christians both these issues are unacceptable. If you want to partake in them please feel free. I believe they are wrong for Christians to do, not for you.

Adults who accept the big bang believe in magic, its unsupported by science.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

MMMmm
You lost me.
Christians like me believe in aliens, we call them demons, fallen spirits. Atheists deny them. Its not ex military men that teach and explain, its Gods word. www.alienintrusion.com...

What do I need to question?

Why the world hates me?

Why the world killed Jesus?

Why the world doesn't believe in the story?

Why Ask Why???

That's what I meant. It is very ignorant to nail someone who metaphorically speaks, what they say has more than one meaning, and what is usually chose to argue against is not that of which the sentence means. Ignorance walking in an invisible world.

The military men was a sentence inspired by a recent Roswell thread - they listen so much to this government enitity's final word and they fail to listen to any of the 100s of men who were inside the government and say different than this ultimate overall government entity testimony. They know that someone has to be lying and they believe the entity over the people - that is complete ignorance.

I am not saying that I know the greys are physical beings more than they are ghosts or something else, and the greatest abduction researchers of all time also do not know this. I am saying that I believe, not in the aliens but people.
edit on 4-9-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

This book gives a very clear and reasoned understanding of how I and many other Christians view aliens.
I dont understand what position you have in relation to what you believe, if you can get a copy of this book or read it online it might explain a Christian perspective, Its well explained and supported.

www.alienintrusion.com...

We as Christians should constantly question everything so we dont become like those who accept everything
edit on 4-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This book gives a very clear and reasoned understanding of how I and many other Christians view aliens.
I dont understand what position you have in relation to what you believe, if you can get a copy of this book or read it online it might explain a Christian perspective, Its well explained and supported.

www.alienintrusion.com...

We as Christians should constantly question everything so we dont become like those who accept everything

I will check out the book.

I was metaphorically speaking just like Jesus did, it may mean one small thing out of the 4 or 5 big things it could mean.

On my thought about questioning, it is right to only ask the right questions - not 'why.'

How. We have faith in Jesus, so How do we do magic?

I believe in aliens because I had an experience then compiled years of listening to people, it turns out that the real truth has evidence behind it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Most people wouldnt know that about single horned creatures appearing in the bible, I guess because its not relevant to our lives today

I would agree that most people, including most christians, are unaware that the bible features unicorns, as most have not read the bible. I cant imagine it sits very well with those that have read it and are aware either.

Problem is, unicorns have never been relevant to peoples lives as they have never existed, but then things not actually existing has never been a problem for people like yourself....

and still for some reason you are stuck on believing that the unicorn described is a horse, or an animal alive today.

Well the bible describes it as such....

Job 39:10 “Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?”

If you know anything about farming and agriculture, you'll know what's being described....

Maybe its an animal is extinct

Maybe the authors of this books were merely making stuff up....

As for homosexuality and abortion, its irrelevant. For Christians both these issues are unacceptable. If you want to partake in them please feel free. I believe they are wrong for Christians to do, not for you.

I'm willing to bet that you wear clothing made of wool and linen woven together, or even enjoy a good lobster/shrimp dinner from time to time....it's just you enjoy having a bigoted attitude towards those icky homosexuals.

Adults who accept the big bang believe in magic, its unsupported by science.

I'm suddenly reminded of a line by Kirk Lazarus...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its funny I just see you as a bigot, antichristian bigot.
Can you place a bridal on a Hippo or a Rhino and get those animals to plough a field. How silly your premise that a unicorn has to be a horse, your belief is based on your own understanding, silly .
Remember unicorn means single horn. The point about taming the unicorn was to explain that taming the animal was impossible, not possible. It was not a horse...That was the whole point... Duh

As for Prawns and crays, yep they are ok, not my favourite.
You do know???There is a difference between Jews and Christians, dont you.
Probably not.

I guess linking to a site that calls people retards is your best defence, blatantly cowardly but as what I would expect from atheist proselytisers, the best defence.

Is that all you got, really. To call me a retard

You embarrass yourself
Adults who accept the big bang believe in magic, its unsupported by science. A faith, an active religious belief.

edit on 5-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I dont agree with comparing science to magic but i think the OP's main point is that all of this came from nothing. And as we mostly believe everything must come from something, we are still putting our faith into believing that 'it just popped out of nowhere' because we cannot say why there was anything there in the first place to pop anywhere. Something science still can not say why or how anything was here at all and really probably never will because we cant imagine nothing therefor we cant really study it (theres nothing to study). I suppose the 'why' aspect is for philosphy to sort out and the 'how' is science.
edit on 6-9-2012 by eyesdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Its funny I just see you as a bigot, antichristian bigot.

I laugh heartily whenever I hear or see christians crying 'bigotry'. Remind me about the christian views on homosexuality....

Can you place a bridal on a Hippo or a Rhino and get those animals to plough a field. How silly your premise that a unicorn has to be a horse, your belief is based on your own understanding, silly .
Remember unicorn means single horn. The point about taming the unicorn was to explain that taming the animal was impossible, not possible. It was not a horse...That was the whole point... Duh

That's a incredibly desperate and dishonest attempt at presenting an interpretation that blatantly, to all but the blindest most fervent superstitionist is describing a horselike farmyard animal.

Seems to me that a plain old horse just wasn't magical enough for this fairy tale....

As for Prawns and crays, yep they are ok, not my favourite.
You do know???There is a difference between Jews and Christians, dont you.
Probably not.

Are you aware that the bible contains both the old and new testaments? Are you aware that none of the laws set in the old testament are to be changed? not a jot nor a tiddle......

Maybe you do, maybe you don't. Regardless, you're another typical example of another cherry picking armchair christian.

I guess linking to a site that calls people retards is your best defence, blatantly cowardly but as what I would expect from atheist proselytisers, the best defence.

Defence? lol what am I defending against?

And how is showing the holes in your bronze-age sheep-herding guide to the galaxy, 'proselytising' atheism?

Couldn't I be a hindu/Scientologist etc, and be doing exactly the exact same thing?

Is that all you got, really. To call me a retard

You embarrass yourself

No I did that in response to your claim in your previous reply....

Adults who accept the big bang believe in magic, its unsupported by science

And after complaining about my response to that comment, what do you reply with..............again

Adults who accept the big bang believe in magic, its unsupported by science. A faith, an active religious belief.

Seems Kirk Lazarus was right....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You havnt a clue what you are talking about, you cant differentiate between old and New Testament, Jew and Christian.
You havnt a clue.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join