It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Evolution is the Adult version for real magic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

God has all those names and more.

There is no reason why I, Magnumopus, or anyone else can't explore them and challenge the mainstay of Christianity.

edit on 12-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Didn't you just contradict yourself? You said only one god? Then you say jesus is yaweh. But I thought god was yaweh. you created two separate entities that you pray to now.

And you can't say jesus is god because jesus is the supposed son of god. Still making two separate entities.

Oh contradictions.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Yet another thread attacking those who do not believe in a mythical creature labelled God. Only this time the title is trying to be insulting.....why? Are you getting so desperate in the face of ever increasing evidence that God is a myth needed by the weak to help them get through life? Everything you "attribute" to God is crumbling around you as science dismantles your beliefs.

Go back 100 years and more believed in God than they do today
Go back 500 years and even more believed in God
Go back 1000 years and almost everyone believed in God
Go back 5000 years and they have Gods for everything !

Do you not see a progression? God is for the ignorant (insulting YES, but you started it).

If you wish to believe in God then carry on and I will say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and leave you alone. Attack my beliefs and I have every right to respond, if you don't like it don't start an insulting thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

You also forgot to state that it was illegal NOT to believe in god... and you could be bur ed at the stake.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm more of the belief this has all simply existed forever, and will continue to exist forever.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

Didn't you just contradict yourself? You said only one god? Then you say jesus is yaweh. But I thought god was yaweh. you created two separate entities that you pray to now.

And you can't say jesus is god because jesus is the supposed son of god. Still making two separate entities.

Oh contradictions.

You are mistaken, i don't pray to two seperate entities. Jesus is the right arm of my God, this is how he sits at the right hand of the Father. No different than my own arm, whenever i grab or hold or do an action with my own right arm, it's still me doing it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Amazing! Someone posts something that has logic to it and within a couple of hours, some fool decides to COPY the concept to bag it out. Oh wait! that's what dogma is about isn't it? Lets take reality and copy the concept but change it a bit by inventing some invisible, untouchable, unprovable super hero. Except that it i pathetic, this might even be a bit funny. Sheesh! Dogmatics really get under my skin.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Oh contradictions.

You are mistaken, i don't pray to two seperate entities. Jesus is the right arm of my God, this is how he sits at the right hand of the Father. No different than my own arm, whenever i grab or hold or do an action with my own right arm, it's still me doing it.

"Jesus is the right arm of my God, this is how he sits at the right hand of the Father. "

So now an arm has a bum so it can sit. This gets better with every statement

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Oh contradictions.

"Jesus is the right arm of my God, this is how he sits at the right hand of the Father. "

So now an arm has a bum so it can sit. This gets better with every statement

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahaa man you christians are hilarious

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709
Amazing! Someone posts something that has logic to it and within a couple of hours, some fool decides to COPY the concept to bag it out. Oh wait! that's what dogma is about isn't it? Lets take reality and copy the concept but change it a bit by inventing some invisible, untouchable, unprovable super hero. Except that it i pathetic, this might even be a bit funny. Sheesh! Dogmatics really get under my skin.

Evolution is the adult version of real magic.
The big bang is a faith statement, a belief.
Have a hissy fit all you like but, your reaction proves it as a fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonOunce

It also doesnt state that all the elements were magically created. Thats why it took billions of years for solar systems and stars to form and collapse and create more and more life building elements. Ignorance is bliss.

Good point
So hows about you explain how they were created, yes you can use stars forming and collapsing and time, but I need an explanation not poetic word play.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by followtheevidence

Uhh. We can actually see atoms look it up.

And we can see what is inside of atoms when u we blow them up.

I guess you haven't seen the LHC either.

Uhhh, no we can't.

Since the minimum wavelength of visible light is about 0.25 microns, we cannot see atoms or anything smaller even with the use of optical microscopes.

And even before atomism emerged in natural philosophy - atoms still existed even though man remained unaware of them.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

That's why I said look up atomic force microscopy. But did you miss that?
They have a picture of atoms. In a lattice structure and not a diagram... you just ignore those pictures.

Im done arguing with the religious.

You should be jumping for joy that we wont join you in heaven but they all still have to be a grump about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yet god has to talk to jesus. But jesus is god. So god is talking to himself. Yet another contradiction.

If you talk to yourself. Well your pretty much crazy.

If jesus was god he would know what to do before god had to tell him because he would have already known what he was going to say.

Unless he splits himself into two entities. One oblivious one omnipotent. Still two separate things.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Uhh. We can actually see atoms look it up.

And we can see what is inside of atoms when u we blow them up.

I guess you haven't seen the LHC either.

Uhhh, no we can't.

Since the minimum wavelength of visible light is about 0.25 microns, we cannot see atoms or anything smaller even with the use of optical microscopes.

And even before atomism emerged in natural philosophy - atoms still existed even though man remained unaware of them.

Errrr yes we can! I had the luck many many years ago to visit the Sydney Uni Electron microscope unit and WATCHED while they prepared and scanned gold. I SAW ! the atoms of gold it showed up as a lattice like set of dots. So before you come out with your authoratative statements, maybe they work in some church hall with a the god groupies, but in REALITY your false statements mean squat. !!! Is this a HISSY FIT? Blood oath, I despise con artists

edit on 14/8/12 by steve1709 because: my comment ended up in your quote first time around

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

Haha exactly what I said...

Then they went on to say that we can't actually see them only our spirit can see it. Or that we can't see them because its a computer screen showing it to us...

Its sad really that they make up stuff as they go.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Whats amazing about this post is;

It shows how MOST religious are copy cats of others.

It shows how much research they do outside their own little circle.

It shows they judge everything on pure emotion and faith with no logic.

Oh yeah good job on mixing abiogenesis, and all the other theories with evolution, a typical religious person.

Man good job on enforcing the stereotype that all religious are retarded.

------

Evolution has facts

No one is forcing you to believe in it or the Darwin ghost will send you to hell.

*Best one* YOU CAN QUESTION IT AND DO RESEARCH AGAINST IT

Just to top it off.. the word "Theory" you learned in high school is different from a "Scientific Theory".
edit on 8/14/2012 by luciddream because: grammer

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
All those words and not a drop of hard science.
That is faith

This is what Wikipedia describes scientific theory is
A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

So based on that can you show me the
repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment facts relating to evolution
please
Didnt think so
Back to school for you dear boy

Would it be acceptable for me to call all evolutionists and or atheists retards?
edit on 23-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
All those words and not a drop of hard science.
That is faith

This is what Wikipedia describes scientific theory is
A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

So based on that can you show me the
repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment facts relating to evolution
please
Didnt think so
Back to school for you dear boy

Would it be acceptable for me to call all evolutionists and or atheists retards?
edit on 23-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Can you also do the same?

Thought so ha.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join