It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Evolution is the Adult version for real magic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by borntowatch

At least we can see atoms.

Can you see god?

We can't "see" atoms.

We know they exist by how they behave.

We can't see logic either - we know it exists by what it does.

Likewise, we can't see God - but we know He exists by what He does.

Regards,

FTE

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
OP, the thread you are posting in response to has a very good point. What is Christianity? It's a story from a very old book, just like a fairy tale. It is no more credible than a fairy tale, there is no more proof and it makes no more sense considering what we now know about the universe. There is literally no difference between believing the Bible and believing a children's story book, the only reason that the concept of believing a children's book seems strange is because you know for a fact that it's made up.

To each their own, I don't have anything against religious people, but don't talk crap whilst trying to defend it.

Yeah a Fairy tale that has 2 billion advocates on the earth today and has at its head the one man who changed the earths history single handedly.
Only the most ignorant and ardent atheists wouldnt recognise Jesus as the most influential man to have walked the earth.
If I asked everyone to list their 5 most influential people to have lived, Jesus Christ would be on most lists. Of the others on the list, I would expect half would acknowledge themselves as followers of Jesus.

You talk and it has no value, storybooks and the bible? Reality makes your comments look a little simple.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Uhh. We can actually see atoms look it up.

And we can see what is inside of atoms when u we blow them up.

I guess you haven't seen the LHC either.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

The Big Bang Theory states that all the matter, energy, and light were all compacted into an infinitely dense point. The universe then expanded tremendously. It doesn't state that all these things came from nothing.
edit on 8/12/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

Yeah I bet it does state that, and by faith in that theory you believe it. Oh lets praise the holy atom

I understand that the Big Bang could be wrong. It's a theory based on our current understanding of the universe.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

OP, the thread you are posting in response to has a very good point. What is Christianity? It's a story from a very old book, just like a fairy tale. It is no more credible than a fairy tale, there is no more proof and it makes no more sense considering what we now know about the universe. There is literally no difference between believing the Bible and believing a children's story book, the only reason that the concept of believing a children's book seems strange is because you know for a fact that it's made up.

To each their own, I don't have anything against religious people, but don't talk crap whilst trying to defend it.

Yeah a Fairy tale that has 2 billion advocates on the earth today and has at its head the one man who changed the earths history single handedly.
Only the most ignorant and ardent atheists wouldnt recognise Jesus as the most influential man to have walked the earth.
If I asked everyone to list their 5 most influential people to have lived, Jesus Christ would be on most lists. Of the others on the list, I would expect half would acknowledge themselves as followers of Jesus.

You talk and it has no value, storybooks and the bible? Reality makes your comments look a little simple.

If it were not for Isaac Newton you would not have:

1. Cars
  2. The Space Shuttle
  3. Calculus
  4. ...a basic understanding of the universe

If it were not for Jesus, Islam would have 2.1 billion more advocates.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

If it were not for Isaac Newton you would not have:

1. Cars
  2. The Space Shuttle
  3. Calculus
  4. ...a basic understanding of the universe

If it were not for Jesus, Islam would have 2.1 billion more advocates.

and women would still be oppressed and Martin Luthers reform would not of heralded education for people like Isaac Newton and everyone and I dont see how you can say that about muslims.
That is just silly.
edit on 12-8-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Have you noticed that fairy stories start with 'Once upon a time'? In fact anything that is not appearing presently is a 'Once upon a time' fairy story.
Only presence, this moment can be known - all else is story. Stories appear presently.
Everything appears presently and then man creates a story out of 'this'. 'This' is all there is in reality and what 'this' is cannot be named.

'This' is not a thing - 'this' is nothing and out of this nothingness stories appear.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Have you noticed that fairy stories start with 'Once upon a time'? In fact anything that is not appearing presently is a 'Once upon a time' fairy story.
Only presence, this moment can be known - all else is story. Stories appear presently.
Everything appears presently and then man creates a story out of 'this'. 'This' is all there is in reality and what 'this' is cannot be named.

'This' is not a thing - 'this' is nothing and out of this nothingness stories appear.

Yeah but the happening of the story and the relating of the story is something

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Yeah but the happening of the story and the relating of the story is something

The story appears presently in presence as presence.
Presence is not a 'thing'. Presence is the space, the container, that contains all things appearing. No 'thing' can appear outside of presence.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yeah I bet it does state that, and by faith in that theory you believe it. Oh lets praise the holy atom

At least there's proof of the "holy atom."

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KireDj

At least there's proof of the "holy atom."

The only way something (atom) can be proved is by measurement, this measurement has to be taken by a conscious obsever.
The conscious observer has to be present for any 'thing' (atom) to appear.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KireDj

Lol, they think we can't see atoms. And that they are make believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by KireDj

Lol, they think we can't see atoms. And that they are make believe.

Have you seen an atom? You can see, i give you that, but what exactly are you seeing right now? Colours, patterns, light? The image that is appearing presently is one image and then man separates a chunk out of that one image and says 'this bit is atom'. The 'atom' is now the whole image because that fills the image.
Nothing can be separated out from the whole because what ever is appearing presently is the whole.

What is seen (image) has to be 'seen' by a 'seer' and the seer and seen are one.
Is there anything outside of the observer and the observered? It is all there is.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

How about you look up on google "atoms of niobium" you can see 500 of them

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Then i will not be looking at an atom, i will be looking at a computer screen.
Have you personally with your eyes seen an 'atom'? Truthfully.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have tried your method for looking at 'an atom', i googled.
As yet i have not seen any images of said atom, only models and ideas and what they call 'schematic pictures'.

A schematic diagram represents the elements of a system using abstract, graphic symbols rather than realistic pictures.
Have you really seen an atom?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Click images you will see it... or do I have to get off my phone and on my pc to put it up?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Link wouldnt work from phone

www.google.com... s&v=133247963#miuv=5

edit on 12-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I can only find illustrations and representational drawings.
The atom is indivisible. So if there is one you are it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Uh no its an actual photo... im going to bed since u guys can't look on your own.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join