It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of El Paso Hiring G4S Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Last week I learned that hundreds of tanks in California were being transported by train, out in the open in for everybody to see. Listening to the latest Drake report and reading random sources, supposedly our government is going to send our military to the southern border (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) for an agenda I am not clear of. This information is only what I have learned from speculation, I am not stating that this is fact.

Anyways, I was on FB and ran into this news article stating :

City Council on Tuesday planned on reviewing a contract between EPPD and G4S Secure Solutions said to provide prisoner booking, transportation and watch services.

Source

I live in El Paso, where we have the biggest military base in the country; Fort Bliss. We have more than enough officers including soldiers. Ft. Bliss takes up 1/4 of the city because it is so damn huge. I do not see any reason why the city wants to hire G4S when we have the man power back home. If anything they should create more jobs instead of spending the tax money outside the city.

I might just be a little paranoid but I don't like the news of this one bit.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
As budgets tighten you will see more of these types of measures, think of it as "austerity" light, the selling of government duties to private companies is nothing new and will only get worse as time goes on.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 3l3v3n

I might just be a little paranoid but I don't like the news of this one bit.

No. Not paranoid......well I don't know you but I don't think you're acting paranoid on this topic.

I saw the tank video posted here but some members say it was filmed over a year ago. Not sure if that's true.

It's late so I only read what you posted I will surely read the whole article in the morn.

Peace all......have a good night / morning / day or whatever.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 3l3v3n

As a Texas native this story appeals to my interest and I look forward to seeing if what your seeing in El Paso becomes a state or national trend. Thank you for sharing the story have a great rest of the evening.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Contracting out, we call it here......
The goverment puts a service up for tender and thats that.....
Except the service always deteriorates, and the cost gets more expensive from there on out....
The idea this is cost effective is a no brainer fail......putting one more layer of useless management in between the service and the customer/tax payer merely spreads more "pork"around........at our expense
In the interests of justice,the services of prisoer management etc...should be in the hands of the goverment of the people.
thus there will be less chance of the system being run unequally shall we say?
Maybe garbage pick up is OK to contract, but hadling prisoners is the goberments resposibility.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I was in hospital last week and have never seen so many G4S employee's, they have basically been contracted to do all the services apart from the medical stuff. It won't be too long till they move into that area too. This is in the uk where we have a national health service being privatised inch by inch. Get used to seeing minimum wage G4S drones everywhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
G4S? God help you all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

My sentiments exactly. I've worked with G4S in UK before and they are absolutely useless nitwits that abuse their power and act like children.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by binkman

My sentiments exactly. I've worked with G4S in UK before and they are absolutely useless nitwits that abuse their power and act like children.

After the Olympics fiasco, I am genuinely surprised anyone would hire them to guard a bar of chocolate, let alone a massive military base.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Nevermind the Olympics, they mess up on the smallest of jobs. I work with them regularly at events and festivals throughout the UK and they are all equally.

Some of them go on a power trip just because they have the little ID thing around their arm that allows them to use reasonable force or whatever it is they are trained for.

Just absolutely love it when a new G4S guy comes and tries to tell us what to do and I can happily tell him to go back to the hole he crawled from. Makes my day, every time!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was in hospital last week and have never seen so many G4S employee's, they have basically been contracted to do all the services apart from the medical stuff.

G4S at a hospital? I hope and pray to baby Jesus that doesn't happen over here in the states.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hmmm...Wonder why G4S if they're so incompetent? Suppose it is being done on purpose, like a coming false flag? Pin it on the G4S.

Is that paranoid of me?
edit on 12-8-2012 by texasgirl because: Corrected a misspelling

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by binkman

After the Olympics fiasco, I am genuinely surprised anyone would hire them to guard a bar of chocolate, let alone a massive military base.

Nothing in the source says they're guarding a militry base. They're assisting the El Paso PD. Reading is fundamental.

As far as the OP: What does Ft Bliss have to do with the El Paso PD? G4S is contracting to assist the EPPD with booking procedures.

Now G4S screwed the pooch in S.Korea where they took over a guard contract from a South Korean company to provide local national guards for bases there. They couldn't provide the required number of guards because they only paid 1/2 of what the former company was paying the local national guards. So they quit en masse. Took them 4-5 months to get things running properly.

They seem to screw up where ever they're required to provide security. That's what happens when you go with the low bid.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
At this point, I'm not surprised the slightest that the people in charge have found ways to waste even more money on useless security. I'll be waiting for the news of the first time G4S screw up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Doesn't G4S own a lot of the nation's private prisons. I think they are even on the NY Stock Exchange.

I would like to see which politicians own their stock.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My company uses G4S security, they are hit or miss. For the most part our "guards" from G4S are either college students or bored retirees. Only a small cadre of them have stayed on for any length of time, they cycle through new guards about once every 6 weeks or so.

We used to have armed security from them Shudders

Aside from a few 5%'ers they are about as smart as the bottom of my shoe. I am an IT engineer and they FLIP OUT when I show up in the middle of the night to come fix something. They love to act like its an invasion of the building, even though I have 24/7 building access and badged in through a secure door. I had one of their guards sprinting into my lab at the office because I had come in at 0430 to get some stuff for an upcoming change set up.

I find them more funny than anything else, but I have also made sure to make friends with the few G4S guards that have stayed around for a while. Because of that they keep an eye on my truck for me, unlike other people's vehicles. If someone else's vehicle gets broken into it's basically a "sucks to be you, not our job", if its my truck they go above and beyond (a few months ago someone backed in to my passenger side headlight, they ran an enitre WEEKS worth of security cam footage to find who did it).

Just remember to always make friends with Security, the cleaning staff, and Supply.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3l3v3n

Yep seen the crew out here in EP also as of late. Ehhhh.....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I knew at least a little something about this in advance. But as one poster suggested, I was probably just looking for attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join