It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great minds needed! I need ideas and input

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I think you've approached this correctly by narrowing down the problem and possible solutions. As someone else noted, you need a PayPal account to receive online payments. Next, start a free blog/website and record your daily/weekly progress, thought, feelings etc. 10 to 15 minutes a day is all this will take. You then need to get traffic to the page. I am an SEO/internet marketer and consultant and will provide this for free. As many internet users realize the true value in helping others, you will receive donations.

There is really much more to bringing in donations from the internet to post here but I will also offer my consulting services free of charge. Please feel free to contact me any time at rodr0069 (at) gmail.com if you'd like to ask any questions and good luck with your fight. I am certain it will feel incredible when you win this one.

Best,
T

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crcn11

Hi Crcn11,

Yes the health care system here has some serious issues. I have always told people, i am not going to die from the disease or from the liver when it fails, but rather i am going to die from our govt taking their time and the lack of funds to just walk in a hospital and have it done.

Yes i have looked into moving abroad to ensure my health, but there is a LOT of red tape involved, and a waiting period in almost every country i have found yet. The waiting period is longer than the doc's prognosis for my life expectancy, so i am left making it work here.
Yes uk will help you with health care if you are not a citizen there, but for a major operation such as this they require a bit more. Have considered quite a few options in the past year, and done a lot of research.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StillLife

Thank you StillLife,
Yes i agree, i had so many things spinning around in my head, i just had to start this post, it has helped me so much, seeing things in print so to speak and getting ideas and feedback has helped a LOT.

Yes i agree getting a paypal going is very important , i didnt hear back from the lawyer today about setting up the special needs trust fund, hopefully i will tomorrow. Once that is set up, then i will have a account to link paypal to that will not end up causing more problems later on. So right now it all waits on a lawyer to let me know the cost to set things up and get going.

SEO/internet marketer and consultant would be a interesting career. I use to play a bit in that area back when the net was small and starting, but now days there are so many tricks and things to do, i would be lost.
I would defiantly appreciate the help.
I also want to set up a section where i can scan in my medical records just in case anyone that comes to my page has any doubt, they can see first hand what the doc's have written as well as test results. Just kind of a peice of mind thing for those concerned. I know there are the type out there that do fake things like this, sadly, and i want to put any questions to rest as easy as possible for visitors/donors.

Will do, i'll put your email on my list. I have to feel better when i win this one, because the way i feel any more is just not right.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I also just contacted legal aid and disability rights of montana to see if they can assist with setting up the trust fund, hopefully i will get a response soon and get all of this figured out so i can get things going.

Its amazing the hoops and rules you have to learn and follow when doing things like this,
i started this with no knowledge at all and am stumbling along as i go, i bet i spend about a hour
or more a day searching the net for information and learning new things.

I think once i am healed and the transplant is done and im on the way back to a normal life,
i am going to work on starting a npo and website to help walk new people through all of this mess.
one that actually takes their hand and gives them the heads up of what to expect next, although each
case is different, and it would require a community type involvement to answer all the questions,
but i see a need for newly diagnosed people, some place to go that can guide them through all the
red tape and hoops.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi,
Trust you're feeling well today. I hope you are having himalayan salt, and not iodised salt. I know you have to be carefull of your salt intake, but it is important for your health,( good salt helps to keep you hydrated, iodised salt or table salt does the oppisite). Himalayan salt or another natural salt used while you are cooking is best.
If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Take care.
p.s. massage yourself!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Beaufromnz

Morning Beaufromnz,
Not doing to bad today, although i slept all day yesterday, i should be doing ok, lol only draw back is its 4am and i haven't slept yet tonight, my sleep schedule is so goofy any more, my body seems to do what it wants even when i don't.

actually i avoid salt all together, only salt i get is in the food i eat, i don't cook with it, or use it on the food afterwards, i try to keep it down to around 200mg a day, which is a trick to do, its amazing how much salt is in the food you buy at the store, i would hate to think what is in fast food. Its nearly impossible for anyone to totally avoid salt, its used in so many things, as i have learned over the past year, quite crazy what you find salt in.

Not sure about himalayan salt , first time i have seen the name, i will have to look it up and do some research on it, before i was sick i used sea salt mainly, very seldom used normal table salt.
Thanks for the tip, i will do some searching.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Ok Try get this product called Mumijo
www.oriveda.com...
It's hard to come past and to get in pure form but it's some Great stuff
Get a Russian speaking person to order it for you from
mumye.ru...
Much cheaper on there
Look it's one of the rare an only items I know that does miracles to human bodies (do your own research on it)
Only get it in pure form

www.youtube.com...

If I find other roots or herbs I'll post them here

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Regarding liver transplant, there are alternatives. I have personally witnessed complete reversals of even the most severe liver problems by using a plant called milk thistle, available in most health food stores. It makes new liver cells! It can be combined with kudzu, used for hundreds of years in Japan for cirrhosis of the liver. Also, raw honey and lemon are extremely beneficial. There should be no need to recur to a liver transplant, though that is the mainstream approach for allopathic medicine, but definitely not the best approach in many cases. healthglimpses.com... is my website with information on a wide variety of topics. Much information is available on the Internet, and I wish you the best, whatever you decide.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
www.globalpost.com... spatch/news/health/120805/chemotherapy-can-backfire-and-cause-cancer-new-study-has-found

Despite its life-saving qualities, chemotherapy has long had a nasty reputation, known as a necessary poison for people suffering from cancer. But in some cases, chemotherapy is so damaging that it may even backfire and make the cancer worse, a new study has found. The study, published in Nature Medicine, found that chemotherapy causes damage to healthy cells, which triggers them secrete a protein that actually sustains tumor growth, Cancer UK reported. The researchers made the finding while trying to figure out a major mystery: why are cancer cells are so easy to kill in a lab, but so difficult to kill in the human body? The findings were "completely unexpected," researchers told AFP.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Thanks deadeyedick
I read that a while back, and honestly i'm not surprised. but for me and my situation its a bit different, since there is no cancer, its not as much of a worry of it making things worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Still waiting for a response from lawyers. May take a while, hard to tell.
hurry up and wait *lol* about par.

on a side note, i learned yesterday my body can no longer take heat.
i am still paying for it.
Bonus i have located a weight machine and will have it before long, and can
start putting muscle weight on as the doc requested.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Got some responses, no phone numbers as of yet, but at least i am getting somewhere.
Hopefully things will start to move rather quickly now.

On a side note, ran a add and got a weight station, just have to finish putting it together
and then i can start putting weight on as doc requested. Although as hard as it is to eat
any more, 10lbs of muscle is going to be a trick. Seems like its a pot luck of anything
stays down or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Legal aid has been very helpful, still have a lot of questions and things for them to verify before i can get things set up and going, but at least there is progress happening.

On a different note. They are telling me that you have to be on disability 2 years before you can get medicare. Hmmm 1 year wait to get approved, 2 years on disability, then 12-18 months to get to top of transplant list. Things are not looking good time wise. Sadly its looking more and more like i am going to end up in a box before the O.R. But who knows, life is never what we expect it to be, so hanging on to hope with all i have.

On a sad note, i am in a group online for support for liver failure caused by hepC. This week we have lost 2 of our members to the other side, and we also lost one very unexpectedly in the transplant community.

It has been a very rough week, and hard on the emotions. The reality of all of this will eat at you every day.
Hoping we don't loose any more this week, i think it would be to much for everyone in the group.

For those reading this.. If any still are. Make it a point to tell the ones close to you that you love them,
show them you mean it by your actions, we are all one breath away, no one knows what the future holds dont miss out on today worrying about tomorrow.

edit on 23-8-2012 by severdsoul because: c

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Sad news. So far this week we have lost 5 of our group members. Some pre tx some post tx.
It all hits a bit hard at times.

I have sat here today wondering if its all worth it, or if i should just give in and let this run its course.
all the fighting, battles, and pain that they have gone through just to end up where they were trying to avoid. They say you have to pick your battles, but some days its overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think you should see a naturopathic, and ask them about hydrogen peroxide therapy, and also, ask what else they might think. Conventional medicine is not the best way to go about it in many cases.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Lost 2 more today, and a good friend online had to go to the E.R. they are keeping him overnight to be safe.
Not a good week at all.

Its a lot to deal with mentally when even ones post transplant are slipping away. Makes you stop and wonder
if all the pain, and torture is worth it in the long run.

I am exhausted mentally, you feel for each one of them, and wonder if their fate will be yours.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Just got back into town....long trip....hope your hanging in there...will have the letters I promised ready by this weekend........♫

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Hopefully you had a good trip.

Still kickin, its been up and down.

Still trying to get a answer on how to set up a account for fundraising without interfearing with what little i get a month to survive on. As well as figure out how to get some medical coverage so i can get things going.

So far its a bit disappointing.
I have started a blog for daily updates, in case anyone wants to follow and read along on how i'm doing day to day. livebecomesme.blogspot.com...

Hope that is ok with the mods of putting that on here.. if not sorry mods.

seriously hurting today, yesterday was the fair, and naturally the kids had to go, so we took them, i enjoyed every moment of it, watching them have fun, but i am seriously paying for it today. But i have to enjoy what things i can while i can.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Think this says it all.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I have considered the facebook option, actually i was looking at setting up group page just for it, but then i stopped, once i figure out the rules of disability i will kick it into gear and get things going.

Hey, check to see if it would work if you put it in your wife's name. Just a thought....
There's bound to be away around the disability without loosing it.
The trick is finding some one who can guide you in the right direction that is trust worthy.

Inverslyproportional had some good ideas.

Wish you the best~~
snarky

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join