It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Every belief system has its bad apples, including Christianity.

Tell me, were the Crusades a good thing? Or were they bad? Remember, they were fought in the name of your god.

Agreed. I still don't believe that "self-actualization" or "enlightenment" in its many forms leads to a superman or even a morally superior man, but I do concede your point on this issue.

Now: I better not ever catch you lumping the practicing Christian with the shills that orchestrated the crusades .

edit on 13-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

If you say so, but the fact still remains that it was fought under the guise that the Christian god commanded it.

So you're saying those soldiers didn't follow Jesus? That the church didn't teach that Jesus was the only way into heaven?
edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Only as long as you don't do the same with Hitler and others with his views.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

If you say so, but the fact still remains that it was fought under the guise that the Christian god commanded it.

So you're saying those soldiers didn't follow Jesus? That the church didn't teach that Jesus was the only way into heaven?

But its still not following Christ. That is exactly what I mean by discernment and the problem with Church's in general. Following bad orders is not something Christ told anyone to do, ever. And not questioning things. Like animal sacrifices, stealing land, territory, cities and homes, from others aggressively and depopulating to the last infant, killing your own famliy by the thousands who were worshipping the gods of the land around them, as Moses asked them to do, Letivticus.

I mean. When a kid reads that stuff and withdraws in horror, like I did, its pretty obvious its not God.

I don't believe Christ came to start a religion.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
So, given his policy and thrust, we can easily discern that Hitler was closely connected to the eastern philosophy of the "Aryan." You didn't know that? It appears that your statements should definitely be double-checked for accuracy and truth.

Good !! While you are checking for accuracy, do pay attention that the Hitler issues were highly concerned with Brain size.

Then see who won the prizes historically:

www.youtube.com...

And see what color their hair was and why in older times they were termed "The Shining Ones"

Some things are rather obvious.

edit on 13-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Just why was Hitler interested in Brain Size, and Blue eyes and Blonde Hair

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I agree with you, but you are still missing the point I'm trying to make. The Crusades were fought in the name of god, the ones who supposedly represented god gave the orders, just as with Hitler.

Every belief system has its bad apples, that was so with Hitler, just as it was so with those who ran Christianity at the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You are being less than honest with us and playing games. You appear to have this need to play the victim, thus this game to put the plural term in the wrong context so you can claim you were bashed.

I'm being very honest with you, and I'm not playing the victim. I came on this thread to defend your criticism of Christians, and how you lump them all together like they all think the same.

Now you have this Personal relionship claim with god, yet you come here to critize others, based upon your god, for others telling their views and telling where Christians depart from reality into areas that make them the Beasts, that don't value truth.

Read that sentence above that I just quoted, and tell me who is the one judging,and accusing, and then try to understand why I came unto this thread to try and defend Christians , who are all being lumped together as beasts who don't value truth.

You claim to be defending, but what are you defending. Do you defend the over the top issues of religion that worships the false icon, the church worshiping basically pagan Sun god themes, or various other god concepts of the Elohim term.

I defend implications made like the previous where you call Christians beasts who don't value truth.

I think you may not be so schooled in the issues of Abrahams god, or of differences in creator gods, god The Father, and God.

I think I have been schooled, and read much more than you may think I have , which is why I hold the truth to be what I believe it is.

If you want to participate, then get real, because the double-talk is all too obvious, as well as you playing Victim.

pffft, I've been as straight and honest as the day is long which is obvious. It is others who have played the victim while they accuse others of hating, when we simply defend against unjust and bias accusations.

Not ONCE have I told anybody what the "truth" is, NOT once have I told anyone what they should believe, yet I have been accused of that and much more.

I rest easy because those with insight that read the posts and implications in them, can see for themselves.
Jesus knows exactly why I joined in this thread, and He knows my motivations, and intentions , as well as everyones..so I will let Him be the judge.

Because I choose to stand up for Christians, I now am playing the victim ? ..are you not insulting us, and basically calling us beasts who don't value truth?

C'mon open up your eyes, and quit twisting the reality of what has transpired on this thread.

edit on 13-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
I'd hate to take something away from people if it comforts them but ultimately I see this worship as very destructive. I am the kind of person that always wants to know the truth, no matter how painful it may be to learn. I've seen everything that leads me to believe humans can't be trusted as a whole and nothing to indicate that any of the claims made about Jesus are even physically possible.

Most of the "miracles" of Jesus could be performed either today or in the near future by humans with the aid of technology. So being come down from the heavens in the Bible and one of them is later "birthed" into a human body, and walking on water is possible? Give it 50 years, walk-on-water implants will probably be children's toys.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, its the Control Structure, the Wolves in Sheeps Clohting. I think alot of bad things have always occurred in the name of religions or My God versus yours, and behind that all is a political struggle, or power grab.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012
Like a person never wanting to give up their unemployment benefits, religious folk will never give up their religion. Comfortably clinging onto it like a child with a blanket. Threads like this isn't meant to offend in my opinion, but merely state you don't need your crutch to get through life.
One does not need a book to say do not kill, love your neighbor, etc. It is called common sense.

I look at threads like this in a positive manner and not a hateful one. It only fails in the sense that most people aren't giving up their crutches. Some feel more comfortable riding through life on training wheels.

What does it matter to you whether they give it up or not?

How does it hurt you?

I have seen and read too much that shows me that there is an awesome type of power behind the name of Christ, and no ..I will not give that up..

I am not asking you to believe , and am not putting you down for not believing..so why should it matter to you so much what beliefs I may have ?

Some here have admitted to wanting to "shake the tree of faith" in others , and it makes me wonder why? why do they insist that others must believe as they do?

Where is the tolerance for others to have their own beliefs...that cannot be "shaken".

edit on 13-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Your god is part of that power grab, they invented your god so that they would have power over you, to make you think a certain way in order to take advantage of that way of thinking, hence why the world is the way it is right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

OH I am sorry you are not creative enough to understand what exactly I mean. English is not my first language, there you go!

I dont think there is anything of analysis in this threaD. I dont think you will be able to explain every single question out there. The more you ask these questions (with many holes), the more questions you get. You never get straight answers.
A lot fo this questions are also personal opinion. Do you believe in Christianity? Well that depends in your background, upbringing....etc.. as I explain before. That was my point.

I answer you with a little comparison as well. For you, the sky is blue, for me too. But, the colour that you actually see and the colour I actually see may not be the same. Maybe my Blue is your Green and so on.
IN MY OPINION: That means YOUR reality and MY reality are not the same and also are not THE TRUE reality.
In that way (if you believe in God) God made us all the same (if you dont believe in God) the laws of nature, creation gravity, etc made us all the same. All in the same plane.
I dont think you will ever discover the truth... because that IN MY OPINION is the fun of life, the purpose.

sorry, its late and this is one of the most difficult things to explain EVER

I find very insensitive to compare Christianity to Santa Claus, specially because Santa Claus in my eyes, is a very alien entity which in my Christian raised country, doesnt exist.
Point aside, I think its better that the OP presents itself in a more ethical way to have a better impact on ATS and be taken more seriously.

ATS,... its getting a bit... childish with comments and threaDS

I PERSONALLY do not believe in Christ as God because IN MY OPINION, the idea of a human being God is quite offensive for God but! as I clearly stated twice, this is my personal opinion. Why I believe this? Because of my research, my upbringing (Catholic raised with priest schools and such), my culture (Catholic), etc etc etc...

It doesnt hurt anyone having a good and appropiate title to a threaD

edit on 13-8-2012 by azulejo because: Caps are not shouting mode, its just emphasis words.. Grammar mistakes? its 3:25am

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
And see what color their hair was and why in older times they were termed "The Shining Ones"

Some things are rather obvious.

Interesting vid, though I've seen it before. We actually, it seems, have followed the evidence to pretty much the same places, only our interpretations differ. Fair enough.

As far as the "shiny ones," the angels--whether fallen or not--are often associated with light and brightness.

The first "shiny one" in the Bible, as I'm sure you know, was the nachash--and was the being in the Garden of Eden who tempted Eve.

The Hebrew word is actually an adjective; meaning “bright”, “brazen [as in shiny brass]
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

I don't think their hair color, especially in a world where blond hair wasn't unknown, would be the feature used to depict them and in such glowing terms at that, pun intended.

While some of these beings may show themselves as having blonde hair, I personally believe the "shining ones" have a much greater historical base as creatures who literally shine in their natural state.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wild Times:

I find very silly how you use bolds and "did you mean threat or thread, I give you the benefit of the doubt" stupid remarks to ridicule people here. You just sound very patronising and at all friendly. There is no need for that.

Please stick to having a good conversation with having an open mind. Because everyone is different, you will never EVER be completely right.

edit on 13-8-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Because I choose to stand up for Christians, I now am playing the victim ? ..are you not insulting us, and basically calling us beasts who don't value truth?

C'mon open up your eyes, and quit twisting the reality of what has transpired on this thread.

Most honest Christians get into Revelations and the warnings of the Christians falling away from Jesus, the Corruption of the Churches.

I see you would like to ignore such.

Most that know the term 666 recognize it is the time span between the falling of the 1st temple and the 2nd, and know this theme is all about the issues for the corruption of the word, and the temple/church.

So, unless you have decided to cut Revelations out of the Bible, it is fine to speak of Christians falling away, having the mark of the Beast that is this 666 years between the first two falling away issues, which they repeat again because they never learned the issues previously.

The mark is aways obvious by the words you speak, and lack of lesson learned.

It appears that you defend Jesus is god Christians, show everyone your god on TV this evening on Jay Leno.

Or, do your pray thing, bring back to life all those in the Aurora Shootings. Show all this power you claim exists.

It appears your own book bashes Christians, will you next take on John and declair him a basher.

edit on 13-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: In the End-Times when the church becomes corrupted and the followers likewise.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

OH I am sorry you are not creative enough to understand what exactly I mean.

OH,...
okay, I'm not "creative."
So sorry, I was merely asking a question for clarification. I did say I thought you meant threaD......

The more you ask these questions (with many holes), the more questions you get. You never get straight answers.

Very true.

A lot fo this questions are also personal opinion. Do you believe in Christianity? Well that depends in your background, upbringing....etc.. as I explain before. That was my point.

And I completely understood your point. I believe in what Jesus taught. I do not need a priest's (or preacher's, or deacon's, or elder's, or pastor's) interpretation. But I don't think we disagree on that point, and I am sorry that you don't see that.

I answer you with a little comparison as well. For you, the sky is blue, for me too. But, the colour that you actually see and the colour I actually see may not be the same. Maybe my Blue is your Green and so on.
IN MY OPINION: That means YOUR reality and MY reality are not the same and also are not THE TRUE reality.

Again, I agree with you. None of us really know the truth. I'm only trying to figure it out using my own brain. Problem with that? I don't know what to tell ya.

Why are you behaving as though we are adversaries? I've no quarrel with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your god is part of that power grab, they invented your god so that they would have power over you, to make you think a certain way in order to take advantage of that way of thinking, hence why the world is the way it is right now.

The way the world is now makes more sense in that the grab for power lies in those who want to bring about a NWO. The globalists. Many of whom believe in the godhood capability of man.

And where were we first warned about a one world order? And the "ye shall be as gods" lie? The Bible that's where.

If, as you assert, Christianity was invented by this group as part of their "power grab," if I understand you correctly, why would they clue us in and cause themselves more of a hassle come time? Why not just leave that part out.

Plus, the internal evidence suggests to me that the writers were full of passion about what they wrote. Whether the Bible is true as I believe, or whether it's false as you believe, it seems undeniable to me that those who wrote it wrote it from their heart and were willing to face persecution and death for their beliefs.

edit on 13-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

I find very silly how you use bolds and "did you mean threat or thread, I give you the benefit of the doubt" stupid remarks to ridicule people here. You just sound very patronising and at all friendly. There is no need for that.

Wow.
Guess I should edit and delete my last response (reply) to you.
"silly .....stupid remarks....to ridicule people.....patronizing....no need for that...."

*sigh*

Okay, never mind. You win. I'm the one showing hate.

edit on 13-8-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I have a very big problem with ATS at the moment. Everyone presents themselves as inhumane, perfect minds, arrogant and very unpleasant to read sometimes.

Of course you can research as much as you want and I applaud you for that. Many just comfort with it is only presented to them.

But I find ATS too sensational atm. Not enough material out here and many people are believing what others have to say waayy too seriously and not how it should be, pinch of salt unless presented facts.

I believe big time Jesus story is well distorted. I dont believe he even wanted to create a religion but the religion itself was actually created many years later to aid conquer lands.
But, many people DO believe in Christ as God and for some people have worked so well that it have changed their life to the better. If this kind of OP people are in here to take away faith from people then I am strongly against it because faith is what we have so little in the world and what we so desperately need.

I think it is good to come here and discuss but never to believe completely what some people (which some are nuts) have to say. Would be better to go to church and talk to the people themselves, to the priests, to read their books.
i said the same thing about a thread bashing Islam (religion that I respect very much) Go to a shaikh, talk to them and get your opinions from them not from rednecks who have never touch, seen or talk to a "different" human being.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Sorry darling it is at the end of the day, a forum. You sometimes expect the worst and you can never tell the tone of others here and bolds and such dont help

If it was a face to face conversation, it may have been a completely different outcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join