It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Someone told me you are a christian. Sorry if I offended you. It seems you are looking for the truth after all.
Well, What are you suggesting about one believing that an Intelligence created life? Santa did not created life.

It is well stated that Jesus told everyone that his god was not their god.

So, taking that into account, explain this:

bible.cc...

Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

This speaks of four different concepts. Written in plain sight and highly important because it shows his Disciples have problems.

And also be inclusive of the knowledge that Abraham walked with the gods in the City of Ur, which is 5 miles from Eridu. Which is right in the area of the Garden of Eden and the theme for Genesis.

Those who really understand the Jesus term for Father know this answer and can explain the 4 differing concepts that this one line sought to impart to others.

edit on 13-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Failure to grasp this is failure to know the Jesus teachings

Since no Christian appear able to answer this question, it appears there are no real Christians present.

What are these four themes: Jesus Father, Other's Father, Jesus god, and Other's god

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I have yet to meet a Christian who professes to know everything.

Really?
Stick around, and try not to be so defensive. You'll see it. How about if you stop criticizing everyone else and tell us your opinion about God?

We "gainsayers" are all trying to figure it out, too, and to be good people, whether you want to accept that or not.

I'm not criticizing..I am defending...much like you profess to do.

As far as my opinions on God, they are between me and Him, for now .

I pray to Him, and let Him do the speaking to others, in the ways that He knows will touch hearts.

You are being less than honest with us and playing games. You appear to have this need to play the victim, thus this game to put the plural term in the wrong context so you can claim you were bashed.

Now you have this Personal relionship claim with god, yet you come here to critize others, based upon your god, for others telling their views and telling where Christians depart from reality into areas that make them the Beasts, that don't value truth.

You have already violated any personal issues claim because you are in here talking and using your views for god. You claim is a cop-out.

You claim to be defending, but what are you defending. Do you defend the over the top issues of religion that worships the false icon, the church worshiping basically pagan Sun god themes, or various other god concepts of the Elohim term.

I think you may not be so schooled in the issues of Abrahams god, or of differences in creator gods, god The Father, and God.

If you want to participate, then get real, because the double-talk is all too obvious, as well as you playing Victim.

edit on 13-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Others shall see right through you

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
One thing the OP fails to realize is that many Christians and there specific churches dont preach the bible as fact but as a moral compass.

Do people that generally adhere to the bibles teaching come off as people for it, generally yes. If you want to know what a godless society is like there are many articles on how darwinism led to the 3rd reich.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrLovenLight
The primary message in Christianity/Jesus/God/Bible is love. To love unconditionally. That is the common thread that is seen throughout most of the scriptures.. I don't remember Santa Claus ever talking about love but his primary message was to be "nice" and not "naughty". So.. in loving one another we are being "nice" to one another.. therefore there is a connection between Santa's teachings and Christianity, but saying they are one and the same just different versions of one another is a very uninformed statement to make. I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, tis my first post so I would just like to say "ello!".

Happy philosophizing

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Take a look into the Piraha tribe of the Amazon, they do not believe in a god or creator, yet they still live in harmony with nature, they do not pollute or take advantage of anything, they are pure.

The third reich was started by Hitler, not a belief in no god.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
One thing the OP fails to realize is that many Christians and there specific churches dont preach the bible as fact but as a moral compass.

Do people that generally adhere to the bibles teaching come off as people for it, generally yes. If you want to know what a godless society is like there are many articles on how darwinism led to the 3rd reich.

I don't personally believe that Christ came to start a religion. He knew would happen and that more people than not would respond to the message of Love that he brought and be drawn by their hearts. But due to this, a lot has been done to distort it, for example, from all accounts and even Luke we can say he was the head of the Nazarenes, making him an essene, which was equal, women and men equally teaching the way. And Paul came along and Luke gives us 3 different accounts of his conversion, they didn't match and also used a word that referred to Troy and the Trojan horse, which some of the bible rewrites actually leave out.

www.thenazareneway.com...

From Paul we are told to get back into our boxes, women cover heads and do not speak and slaves obey your masters.

Rome hijacking and forming something that was not meant to be.

Basically telling the truth, about how we were truly meant to live, folding all the religious manuals that have so much violent instructions in them and only taking the light shards out of them for those who wish to meditate on this, and having the elites ask for amnesty, abolish their slave system and banks, have hired and trained experts/helpers to set every region up autonomous and able to be off grid, self sufficient, like everyone in earthship homes, free energy and non polluting kinds, and teaching people to manage better as adults without harming anyone, sharing and free, growing up, and in the process, stepping down and never ever trying to control and enslave others again, this would be a start. Its what I envision all the time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The third reich was started by Hitler, not a belief in no god.

The third reich was started by Hitler and OTHERS with the basic belief that they could achieve godhood. The Nazi beliefs are closely associated with Hinduism/Buddhism and the Aryan/blood myth found in Hinduism.

A bastardized "Caste" system bloomed rather quickly. The swastika was appropriated from the eastern philosophies, too.

Further showing that the "mankind can be as god" or is god hoo-ha generally turns out rather badly.

What Atheism/Darwinism/Hinduism etc. share is the lie/belief that man is capable of--either by evolution or so-called enlightenment--becoming perfect and/or achieve godhood.

It all goes back to the first lie in mine--and many others--opinion.
edit on 13-8-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The swastika was a distortion of the eastern, actually celtic or druid, and the eastern was not the problem. He was actually following the Norse gods, or demigods and seeking for the pure hero, but not really hero because hero's don't harm at all, and was a Rothchild from everything I read. So a tool.

And they believe that the one who gives orders is lofty and immune, they have their own world as chosen ones, we're all the devils, of the world, and that we who follow their bad orders are the ones who are at fault.

They who create huge stumbling stones, and inequality and take away the free will of others are not off any hooks.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The swastika was a distortion of the eastern, actually celtic or druid, and the eastern was not the problem. He was actually following the Norse gods, or demigods and seeking for the pure hero, but not really hero because hero's don't harm at all, and was a Rothchild from everything I read. So a tool.

As with all such beliefs based on a human superman, there is almost always syncretism, that is a mixture of various belief systems and philosophies, so yeah the Norse gods were thrown into the mix you are right, Unity.

It's, to me, rather eyebrow-raising to look at the similarities these philosophies share. The same base beliefs turn up time and time again, but superman is nowhere to be found.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

To be perfectly honest out of all the superhero's, superman was the only one I liked. I suspect they use that in their Superman project and for their eugenics, more for their search. But, he is nice, kind, gentle Clark Kent, and can fly which means something, more than their gravity based murders, and wears an upside down pyramid on his chest, the symbol for infinity, and infinite equal family in progression, the opposite of their pyramids. So if they intended something else with him, I've taken him back as a true hero, and use that terminology, superman in the system to mean, one who is one with their Higher Self. And the only way you can be that, is if you dial the unconditional love and service to others number on the phone, because that is only way to phone home, all the numbers are a frequency match. One with Higher Self, and our Good Family and Parents too above. (I thought I should add). One with the Love and Goodness above, drawing in Infinite Light and empowerment.

Christ real and/or metaphor, was Superman in the system. Which is what I mean when I say IMMANUEL. Goodness with us.

www.subzin.com...

01:08:04 Just think happy thoughts.

01:08:05 Peter, think happy thoughts.

01:08:08 All you need is one happy thought. One happy thought will make you fly.

Superman - Can you read my mind

Switched videos. Didn't appreciate the other makers humor. Switched again. This was one of my favorite songs from the movie and the one clear video with the song was taken off.

The S is the spiral for infinity, its either a circle, the bear is stupid is stupid, the bear is stupid, or a progressive spiral, grow your love and understanding.

By the way they can code any dark squares they want, but like Jesus wrote in the sand with his finger to show them their concept of law and karma was a joke, and only Virtues and Love is real, I tend to see what I see.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

I am a big fan of teaching moral compass. The Andy Griffith Show always had a Moral Compass theme and it was a simple one that could be well set up in a 25 min long show. All was fictional, of course, And that was well understood. Nobody advertised faith or religion to get the morals.

Teaching Moral Compass from the Bible episodes is much more complicated and that is advertised as established fact blessed by the morals of religion.

But, the Bible is very complicated and the issues of god and gods is not well understood by the Children, nor the adults. Teaching moral compass from the Bible has to start with truth on issues about Jesus being god and if the book is on the level. So, one first notices the Bible contains a forgery in the Trinity Concept, so anyone taking that up in a moral compass theme is caught selling more of a moral turpitude and untruth.

Plus, Andy Griffith's Moral Compass presentations were easy for kids and adults to understand. Bible stories, since they explain poorly and fabricate so many issues on gods, and what was right based upon beliefs not taken as true in the world. Those will cause serious problems in the long run with other religions.

Now, if you really want to talk Hitler's Third Reicht, and why he was into the Blonde Haired, Blue Eyed Arians, then start with Jesus as one of those Blonde Haired Blue Eyed Arians, then King David, then all the anciet rulers of early Egypt, and lots more. Then you find why Hitler believed these to be the superior genetics that he wanted to cultivate in this NWO game. Hitler's bible was a book that explained the Blonde Nordics had larger brains and higher intelligence. So, Hitler actually found the theme that comes from the Garden of Eden and the Creator gods and their line of Blonde and Blue eyed genetics that was the Origin for Genesis blood line.

Hitler's Arians had that type O RH Neg blood and the signature of the genetics from Adam's line.

So, if you really want to explore truth, learn what Hitler's research on religion and origins of man from Genesis, and you might be able to catch up with what was known in German many decades ago, and what boosted him into the leadership role.

Because of this the Bible is a cross between a mine field and battle field to win the war, and even after the war to have this highly important information suppressed from general knowledge.

english.pravda.ru...

Hitler rewrote the Bible and added two commandments

Until then, you appear to know little of moral compass and how to present issues based upon easy to understand and obvious truths.

Most of us that have seriously studied religion and even the Hitler efforts in religion, know the real story, history, blood line factors, and we also know where it started and followed how Hitler came to his conclusions.

press.princeton.edu...

The Aryan Jesus:
Christian Theologians and the Bible in Nazi Germany
Susannah Heschel

There is also an analogy on why the "Scottish Rite" is thus named, from a Blonde haired and Blue eyed gentics extending from the same genetic line going back to Adam. If one wants to know why one of Hitler's inner circle headed for Scotland to make a deal, this is the issue that he thought he could sell. As the UK Royal Family has the same blood line theme. The poor fellow was locked up forever for knowing the essential secrets of religion from Hitler's Arian genetics appreciation 3rd Reich. German had to tear down his Prison to keep him from being a sort of Martyr.

One seldom finds the truth in churches, but truth is essential for moral compass.

Perhaps the best test for if the Bible is capable for Moral Compass is not to use those that follow the various wrong interpretations, but others that look into Christianity from the outside. I'd propose the real test for if the Christians and their churches can really teach Moral Compass is when the Muslem end calling your transgressions against truth, as Infidels.

edit on 13-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Bible usually can't teach moral compass because the beliefs are so off balance from bad interpretations

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Like a person never wanting to give up their unemployment benefits, religious folk will never give up their religion. Comfortably clinging onto it like a child with a blanket. Threads like this isn't meant to offend in my opinion, but merely state you don't need your crutch to get through life.
One does not need a book to say do not kill, love your neighbor, etc. It is called common sense.

I look at threads like this in a positive manner and not a hateful one. It only fails in the sense that most people aren't giving up their crutches. Some feel more comfortable riding through life on training wheels.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blackreign2012

With an avatar like that, one needs to question how deeply you go into spirituality at all, and with what discernment you're using. Because that is very much harm, gravity, akin to a black hole, for an avatar.

And Christianity is the opposite of that. If one has discernment and takes the dark control squares out and sees the Love only, the Good only.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blackreign2012

I look at threads like this in a positive manner and not a hateful one. It only fails in the sense that most people aren't giving up their crutches. Some feel more comfortable riding through life on training wheels.

Thanks for participating (on behalf of the OP).
Star.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Oh, I could have sworn Hitler did it all by himself. How stupid of me.

Every belief system has its bad apples, including Christianity.

Tell me, were the Crusades a good thing? Or were they bad? Remember, they were fought in the name of your god.
edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes,but they didn't want to fly, all those who harm are into black holes of gravity. So the crusades may have flown a Christian flag, but it had nothing to do with Christianity.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

But the orders were given by the church to attack. The soldiers were told it was in the name of their god and that their god commanded it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Most of us that have seriously studied religion and even the Hitler efforts in religion, know the real story, history, blood line factors, and we also know where it started and followed how Hitler came to his conclusions.

The article you link only asserts that some clergymen were willing to put a spin on the propaganda.

Further, It seems you haven't studied Hitler's religious belief structure well at all.

He did pervert Christianity when it suited him, but he also, very clearly, had a syncretic philosophy heavily influenced by Hinduism as I previously mentioned.

You are either not very honest or your self-proffessed and alleged skills as a religious scholar are sorely lacking.

It was Goebbels opinion that Hitler was "deeply religious but entirely anti-Christian." In his diary Goebbels reported that Hitler believed Jesus "also wanted to act against the Jewish world domination. Jewry had him crucified. But Paul falsified his doctrine and undermined ancient Rome."

Albert Speer quotes Hitler stating, "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"[

Among eastern religions, Hitler described religious leaders such as "Confucius, Buddha, and Mohammed" as providers of "spiritual sustenance".[69] In this context, Hitler's connection to Mohammad Amin al-Husseini, the Mufti of Jerusalem — which included asylum in 1941, the honorary rank of an SS Major-General, and a "respected racial genealogy" — has been interpreted more as a sign of respect than political expedience.

Hitler expressed admiration for the Muslim military tradition and directed Himmler to initiate Muslim SS Divisions as a matter of policy.

According to Speer, Hitler stated in private, "The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

Speer also stated that when he was discussing with Hitler events which might have occurred had Islam absorbed Europe:

Hitler's choice of the Hindu Swastika as the Nazis' main and official symbol, was linked to the belief in the Aryan cultural descent of the German people.

They considered the early Aryans of India to be the prototypical white invaders and the sign as a symbol of the Aryan master race. The theory was inspired by the German archaeologist Gustaf Kossinna, who argued that the ancient Aryans were a superior Nordic race from northern Germany who expanded into the steppes of Eurasia, and from there into India, where they established the Vedic religion, the ancestor of Hindu and Buddhist faiths. While other Nazis such as Alfred Rosenberg and Heinrich Himmler were directly influenced by Vedic culture, Hitler was less interested in it.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, given his policy and thrust, we can easily discern that Hitler was closely connected to the eastern philosophy of the "Aryan." You didn't know that? It appears that your statements should definitely be double-checked for accuracy and truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The Church is Rome, aka Egypt, aka Sumar, aka the Annanuki. That is not what Christianity means, it means, following Christ.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join