It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Adults who refuse to grow up, Is Christianity the Adult version for Santa Clauss

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Now, most folks know the term Septic as linked to "Septic Tank".. Which Is Why Everyone has been laughing since you came in the door.

How cruel..and also untrue..

He has done nothing but point out some obvious things about your op..and you are proving him right with each post..

Keep cheering for Septic. The word has two principle associations Septic Tank and Septic Shock. I read English and I know when the laugh.

Very Weird to call yourself Putrefaction with your Avitar.

Still need to get back on topic.

So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians are consider that the church has problems and Christians may have percetion problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels.

Perhaps you overlook what half the world considers obvious.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Those with Blinders on that seek to derail issues that half the world clearly defines the Christians

I'd like to focus on why someone feels the need to attack another because of differing beliefs. What would cause a person to do this? Deep insecurity? Misunderstanding? Jealousy?

Please help enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Like a lil' potty humor, eh, OP. I get SSH's name. I don't find it funny in the way you do. Witty, yeah.

Certainly not funny in the way I find you calling yourself MagnumOpus. Now THAT is hee-larious!

Ah So, Confusid Proverb Say----eat less, so you not known only for size of glutony. GUT

Back to OP theme

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

Now, most folks know the term Septic as linked to "Septic Tank".. Which Is Why Everyone has been laughing since you came in the door.

How cruel..and also untrue..

He has done nothing but point out some obvious things about your op..and you are proving him right with each post..

Keep cheering for Septic. The word has two principle associations Septic Tank and Septic Shock. I read English and I know when the laugh.

Very Weird to call yourself Putrefaction with your Avitar.

Still need to get back on topic.

So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians are consider that the church has problems and Christians may have percetion problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels.

Perhaps you overlook what half the world considers obvious.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Those with Blinders on that seek to derail issues that half the world clearly defines the Christians

I'd like to focus on why someone feels the need to attack another because of differing beliefs. What would cause a person to do this? Deep insecurity? Misunderstanding? Jealousy?

Please help enlighten me.

Do read Revelations sometime. It is directly connected with the Prophicy there. And If you don't know that connection then you probably don't need to be here, because the subject matter alludes you.

And, read the whole thread first, so you don't have to ask such an ill informed question.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

When you die you get judged by Jesus and then sent to heaven or hell. Cowardice is not a big sin, since all sins are equal before the lord. Heaven is perfect in everyway you can't put a humanistic spin on it and complain what it would lack since it is perfect therefore not lacking. In revelations it talks about the rapture taking place before the end of times. So the believers would not actually have anything to do with the battle, please present your evidence to the contrary. I have never heard what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by ahnggk

When you die you get judged by Jesus and then sent to heaven or hell. Cowardice is not a big sin, since all sins are equal before the lord. Heaven is perfect in everyway you can't put a humanistic spin on it and complain what it would lack since it is perfect therefore not lacking. In revelations it talks about the rapture taking place before the end of times. So the believers would not actually have anything to do with the battle, please present your evidence to the contrary. I have never heard what you are talking about.

My, my. It is said that Jesus died on the Cross. So, did he judge himself?

Just exactly what solid proof do you have for your claims?

Rapture is advertised to happen before End -Times and before Armageddon. Revelation also speaks to lots of Christians that lost the way and can't be called believers, as their beliefs are corrupt.

They will be right in the middle of the battle of the Beast, which will be because they didn't seek why half the world called them Infidels.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians or consider that the church has problems and Christians may have perception problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels.

I'm not concerned what half the world has to say about Christians..I am concerned about what God has to say about my journey with faith and grace.

As far as John bashing Christians...John the baptist paved the road for Christ, and he never bashed Christians because there was no such thing as a Christian when he started preaching repentance.
If you are talking about John the baptist, Jesus's second cousin , that is.

John the baptist was to prepare the way for grace which was "Jesus", by preaching to the people to repent, and to be sorry for their sin, so they could in essence be ready to accept grace.

He did preach about turning away from sin , and cleansing yourself before God, hence the baptisms.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Nah. Santa doesn't smite people. (at least, that I know of...)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians or consider that the church has problems and Christians may have perception problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels.

I'm not concerned what half the world has to say about Christians..I am concerned about what God has to say about my journey with faith and grace.

As far as John bashing Christians...John the baptist paved the road for Christ, and he never bashed Christians because there was no such thing as a Christian when he started preaching repentance.
If you are talking about John the baptist, Jesus's second cousin , that is.

John the baptist was to prepare the way for grace which was "Jesus", by preaching to the people to repent, and to be sorry for their sin, so they could in essence be ready to accept grace.

He did preach about turning away from sin , and cleansing yourself before God, hence the baptisms.

Rather smug to not hear the voices of god from other religions, sounds rather like a beast of no conscious.

I see that you can't answer the question, and your tactic is to move to another John, not the John of Revelations.

So, there goes your selective blindness again. Devisive reply to change to the beheaded one.

Are you a Christian and do you know the Bible narrative on Revelations or not.

Apparently not. As Revelations speaks to the corruption of the church and the Christians loosing the way.

So, when you attack my speaking on these like issue you also attack the word itself.

You are a fake Christian, as you don't know Revelation, and run from its message and warnings.

Running from the truth and the message of god with your extensive denials. You hate the word itself and it burns your tongue so much that you can't recite it. One learns you are not honest, perhaps love Satan, don't respect other religion's warnings. Can not even self examine to see if Revelations is about yourself.

www.watchtower.org...

(Revelation 17:18; 18:12, 13, 23) The Bible helps us to see that this harlot is a worldwide religious entity. She depicts, not any one religion, but all religions that produce rotten fruit.
The beast that the harlot rides pictures the world’s political powers.* (Revelation 17:10-13) False religion straddles the back of this political beast, attempting to influence its decisions and to control its direction.

You live in your own special world of isolation from the word ad the world, and selective blindness to the word and the world. One incapable of self examination to see that Revelations really speaks about ones such as you !

You have chosen to be blind, and will not find the way in blindness.

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Sad that Christians can't follow the word

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Okay.. That's all great, it all makes sense, but how can you dare compare Santa Clause to God? That's after all the big title of your thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Many American have a things for mixing up Septic, Sceptic and Skeptic. He probably meant the latter.

Live and Let Live is fine.. as long as people who believe in fairy tales run for president and change the laws for everyone according to their fairy tales.

i don't know, pass a bill along the lines of...

"its a crime to open shops on Sunday!"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

You claim to be an Atheist but i highly doubt it from all your replies. Best bet i say you are a agnostic but more toward religious side.

-------

What proof does God have over Santa?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Okay.. That's all great, it all makes sense, but how can you dare compare Santa Clause to God? That's after all the big title of your thread.

It might be better put as to How Dare You mistate.

Everyone knows that the political church is the Roman Church and the Bible thus produced. A Bible that forged the issue of Trinity into its pages. (The Islams have the uncorrupted versions and can well see the forgery) Which means Jesus isn't god, only a Messiah or Prophet applies.

Thus, one finds the Islam religion gets this correct and points to the inclusion of untruth into the Bible Narrative, which then becomes they calling those that accept the political churches corruption of the Bible as the "Infidel". (Def--Unfaithful to the true word, treacherous)

Thus, one will not find the comparision of Santa Clauss to god, as you mistate. One finds the comparision of those that believe in the myth concept of Trinity to the myth concept of Santa Clauss. Ones that refuse to grow up and accept the reality is the Book was corrupted by the political church and that where Santa was the myth for children, that Trinity is the myth for adults.

Plus, that Christians worship false icons, graven images (the alledged dead body on a Cross), and their churches are thus a political corruption brought forth by the harlot church forgery teachery, and thus the false teachings to which Revelations speaks. Add to that the story of Jesus is further corrupted with all the Pagan Sun worship formula by the political church of Constantine.

Adults cling to a myth in the same way that children cling to another myth.

Should adults grow up, or keep Jesus in a Santa Suit?

edit on 14-8-2012 by MagnumOpus because: The fake Christians and their harlot church that worships graven image and false icons.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Well lets see... Physics say that life has a highly probability of going wrong. That no life should exist at all. That all these species, these humans, this whole World that exists in harmony and ecological equilibrium, is not supposed to have happened. That all you see around you, all life, was a lucky accident after a lucky accident. Do you seriously believe in this BS? Whoops, the right molecules combined to form exactly the right cellular component. Damn, if I was that lucky in lottery... Whoops, by pure accident, we happened to have evolved, in a matter of million of years only, from monkeys to high-technological advancement and medical-miracle-capable humans. We devised automobile cars, the theory of relativity, then computers, then spatial colonization project in less than 100 years.
We have to assume that something is reversing the trend of rising entropy - the level of chaos a system has so that life can not only survive, but multiply and get intelligent. Now, this Thing may not be conscious at all (that would disappoint alot of christians, I know), maybe that this Thing would be, like, a set of undiscovered Laws which would govern all life. Remember that the Fibonnacci sequence, a completely mathematical concept, has been found in alot of life forms, if not all. What if "God" would in fact be this mathematicla sequence that governed the stucture of life? You can't compare Santa Clause to mathematical concepts, can you?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I see that you can't answer the question, and your tactic is to move to another John, not the John of Revelations.

Did I not ask what John you were referring to?

Apparently not. As Revelations speaks to the corruption of the church and the Christians loosing the way. So, when you attack my speaking on these like issue you also attack the word itself.

If you had said John from revelations I would have answered differently , but have fun with the mud flinging and accusations.

You are a fake Christian, as you don't know Revelation, and run from its message and warnings. Running from the truth and the message of god with your extensive denials. You hate the word itself and it burns your tongue so much that you can't recite it. One learns you are not honest, perhaps love Satan, don't respect other religion's warnings. Can not even self examine to see if Revelations is about yourself.

More assumptions based on a mistake of which john you were referring to...but again have fun with the false accusations laced with hatred.

You live in your own special world of isolation from the word ad the world, and selective blindness to the word and the world. One incapable of self examination to see that Revelations really speaks about ones such as you ! You have chosen to be blind, and will not find the way in blindness.

Would you like applause for all that accusation and judgment ? Had I known you were speaking of revelations, my answer would have been different..which I have said before..

edit on 14-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Did I not ask what John you were referring to?

Apparently not. As Revelations speaks to the corruption of the church and the Christians loosing the way. So, when you attack my speaking on these like issue you also attack the word itself.

If you had said John from revelations I would have answered differently , but have fun with the mud flinging and accusations.

You are a fake Christian, as you don't know Revelation, and run from its message and warnings. Running from the truth and the message of god with your extensive denials. You hate the word itself and it burns your tongue so much that you can't recite it. One learns you are not honest, perhaps love Satan, don't respect other religion's warnings. Can not even self examine to see if Revelations is about yourself.

More assumptions based on a mistake of which john you were referring to.

You live in your own special world of isolation from the word ad the world, and selective blindness to the word and the world. One incapable of self examination to see that Revelations really speaks about ones such as you ! You have chosen to be blind, and will not find the way in blindness.

Would you like applause for all that accusation and judgment ? Had I known you were speaking of revelations, my answer would have been different..which I have said before..

It was stated:

"So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians or consider that the church has problems and Christians may have perception problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels."

So, it was officially stated the issue was Revelations and the author for Revelations.

If you are really so poor to comprehind and make such pitiful excuses, do take it that I find your excuses Devisive and that you did avoid the question.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If you are really so poor to comprehind and make such pitiful excuses, do take it that I find your excuses Devisive and that you did avoid the question.

wow, you have issues sir.
Yes I missed the revelation reference, but you said john in a few posts without the revelation reference, so I got confused.

Because I made a mistake, now I am avoiding the question, and being divisive ?

I did say in my post.."if you are referring to John the Baptist"

Anyhow, enough of this silliness, I will let you make assumptions and mud fling without my participation.

I would like to thank you for showing us all your true colors though..that in itself is good information to have.

It is always wise for thiose caught in pitiful excuses to retreat rapidly.

Just as you can not recite the messages of Revelations that burn your tongue, likewise does this:

"So, where things left off with you was the issue of Revelations and the corrupt church and such. So, did you plan to tell us John was Bashing Christians or consider that the church has problems and Christians may have perception problems? Especially when half the world calls Christians as Infidels."

Things are obvious, and your bologna rejects the grinder.

The issue is you dodged the question and still Revelations Burns your tongue as it exposes so well the Courrupt Political Chuch and your god thus defined. That those you defend are the same ones John's Prophecy says are corrupt Christians and their false churches. That when you accuse anyone that speaks of this prophecy of Bashing, you accuse the prophecy and word of John likewise.

Which makes you rather disrespectful of the word and the warnings.

Good Day. I think everyone has seen enough of your Christianty that is fake.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Woah Meow.

Enough with the personal attacks and off-topic discussions.

Further disruptions of this thread, will result in posting bans.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
who wants to grow up anyway? it sounds a bit overrated and seemingly not all it's cracked up to be... Myself I want to enjoy life.

I guess grown-ups are interested in what makes it work? but knowing somehow takes away from the mysterious glory of it all.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join