It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Is Preparing A Plan To Evacuate Its Citizens From Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

French newspaper La Tribune reports that an evacuation plan for 200,000 French citizens currently living in Israel has been devised. French diplomatic sources told the newspaper that the plan was launched due to the rising risk of a conflict with Iran. The aim is to not be caught "off guard" if Israel is attacked by missiles launched by Iranian forces or Hezbollah. A few dozen Frenchmen and women have been designated as planners for an evacuation, which would use smaller boats to get the citizens to French navy boats docked in Jaffa, near Tel Aviv. Despite warnings about a conflict from American officials, Israeli officials have made a number of statements about Iran's nuclear program that some believe indicate a military conflict will happen soon. A former Mossad chief, Efraim Halevy, told the New York Times last week, "If I were Iranian, I'd be fearful of the next 12 weeks." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Here is the link
www.businessinsider.com...

It is only a plan for now,but just makes me think that we are
moving ever so closely to war.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yah - don't think you have to worry about the French retreating.
They have that down to a science.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

damn

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Aye, yer spot on there.......this is in conjuction WITH French plans to create a safe zone for syrians inside the Syrian borders as well?
If so, id say the NATO bullies are about to bite the bullet, and kick it off with Iran/Syria....
In fact, this whole damn charade in Syria, may just be a fient to keep one ally busy while they deal with the other.....
Being iunder attack by rebel forces anywhere anytime in his own country makes it hard for Assad to keep his OWN committments to the alliance.
Speaking of which,do you mean to tell me that after the Assads have supported the Hezbollah so well for so long, they refuse to jump in on his side?
What a crock of double dealing arses......

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Lots of strange plans exist, most even unlikely.

It's when they tell us about specific plans in place i get worried.

Very worried.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

The really funny part of that joke, is the fact that most americans are so oblivious about their own history, that they often forget who aided them against the British during the American Revolution.

And since we are making jokes about retreating, how did that whole Vietnam deal end?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

hahahahaha

yes you did!

-funnier thing about that- I can not dispute it.

If anyone is going to get their ass out of a possibly bad situation- its them.

Greatest post ever

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

Peace

I hear they have even invented a "French Army Knife". It doesn't have the normal array of tools and utensils, but it does have 6 corkscrews and a white flag.

You can say what you like about the French,,,,,

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The French, of all people, should know better than to support a criminal regime. If French citizens are on the ground in Israel, they deserve what's coming.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Indeed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Open your eyes folks.!

There is something else going on.. Libya war.. Egypt… Syria… Olympic games… Mars mission and drum of war with Iran… all in less than 5 years.

It never happened before in recent history.

Wish I knew what..!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Peace

I hear they have even invented a "French Army Knife". It doesn't have the normal array of tools and utensils, but it does have 6 corkscrews and a white flag.

After WW2, the French recognized the threat to their sovereignty from US military bases and the expanding US empire. They told the US to leave. Much of the anti-French noise and slogans we hear in today's propaganda stems from this act.

You have to free your mind before you can break the chains of modern propaganda and knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with France being surrender monkeys or anything. In case of war, Israel might be attacked on all fronts, and casualties are assured.
The French government is simply taking care of their citizens or ex-citizens, doesn't matter. A nice gesture.

Would you rather stay in .. let's say.. Poland, if it was in the middle of a huge war against Germany? Unless you're crazy you'd run the hell away, and it's only logical to do so, even if Poland's army is far stronger than Germany's.

Originally posted by amkia
Open your eyes folks.!

There is something else going on.. Libya war.. Egypt… Syria… Olympic games… Mars mission and drum of war with Iran… all in less than 5 years.

It never happened before in recent history.

Wish I knew what..!

WTF are you even talking about? What does the Lybia war has to do with the Olympic games or the Mars mission?

I swear some people look so hard to find a conspiracy in everything - if it wasn't so funny it was downright embarrassing to read.
edit on 12-8-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They should send the rebels some of their military equipment. French military hardware is the only suitable type, since when the world wakes up to the fact that the ¨rebels¨ are the very same people blowing their troops up in Afghanistan and Iraq, those rebels will have a lot of running to do.

I can see them with French tanks equipped with 1 forward and 9 reverse gears, and drop proof rifles.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman
I can see them with French tanks equipped with 1 forward and 9 reverse gears

As much as it's off-topic, I have to admit that was really funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

The really funny part of that joke, is the fact that most americans are so oblivious about their own history, that they often forget who aided them against the British during the American Revolution.

It was the french Monarchy that aided the americans in the Revolution, not the people who beheaded them in the Night of Terror. Part of the reason the Aristocrats and the Monarchy were beheaded was because they helped the american colonies, so you can't really play that card. Incase you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a king in France in over 200 years.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So I guess all the gunpowder, navy power, embargos, supply routes, troops, canons, money and that kind of stuff didn't really make a difference to you guys...

Arrogance is a very ugly thing.

The whole american revolution was supported by everyone in France. Actually, it was your freedom seeking spirit that they viewed as similar to their "Enlightment spirit" deal, that carried the social movements all through their own revolution.

Following the Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution was well received in France, both by the general population and the educated classes. The Revolution was perceived as the incarnation of the Enlightenment Spirit against the "English tyranny." Benjamin Franklin, dispatched to France in December of 1776 to rally his support, was welcomed with great enthusiasm, as numerous Frenchmen embarked for the Americas to volunteer for the war effort. Motivated by the prospect of glory in battle or animated by the sincere ideals of liberty and republicanism, volunteers included the likes of Pierre Charles L'Enfant, and Lafayette, who enlisted in 1776.

Source

edit on 12-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Peace

After WW2, the French recognized the threat to their sovereignty from US military bases and the expanding US empire. They told the US to leave. Much of the anti-French noise and slogans we hear in today's propaganda stems from this act.

You have to free your mind before you can break the chains of modern propaganda and knee-jerk reactions.

Nobody ever lost their sovereignty because a US base was in their country.

Free your mind from your own creation.

France would just capitulate the moment Russian armor was at its border anyway so it is no loss to not have any US bases there.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Nobody ever lost their sovereignty because a US base was in their country.

Free your mind from your own creation.

France would just capitulate the moment Russian armor was at its border anyway so it is no loss to not have any US bases there.

You're free to believe anything you want. Fedgov has sought to grow this empire on all fronts -- military and economic -- while quieting and smoothing over the opposition. US bases are just one more tool to use in the enslavement of other nations.

Fedgov has been effectively running the world since the end of WW2 via the UN security council, Nato, US military, US money, political favors, covert operations, the Bretton Woods system, World Bank, IMF and other mechanisms.

A perfect example of non-military operations occurred post-9/11 when fedgov sent money men around to all nations of the world with payola in exchange for silence on Washington's illegal conduct in the war-on-terror.

top topics

join