It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple explanation of why Buddhism is correct.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If God is everything then God is sin, but I thought God was perfect?

Not sure if anyone posted a thought like that, haven't read through every reply.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
If God is everything then God is sin, but I thought God was perfect?

Not sure if anyone posted a thought like that, haven't read through every reply.

It's like the Yin and the Yang. To be perfect, you must have both the light and the darkness. Remember, perfect does not mean good. Perfect means complete, without flaw. Neither good nor evil are flaws, they just are.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There are many things that are fundamentally wrong with Buddhism and any of the eastern religions and teachings primarily in the fact that you get to "heaven" or reach spiritual enlightenment which is my book does not get you to heaven because it says that nobody has the power to retain the spirit,

Infact there are many more dark and sinister realities with the Dalai Lama then most know of, they were in a bed with the serpent, in the belief that there is no good or evil, life Is just shades of grey, reincarnation, what is there idea of good exactly, because it says in the Bible that all our good deeds are as filthy rags to God, meaning that without knowing the will of God you cannot be find righteous by God.

And since by your own admission you know that you can never life up to the standard the law that God has put in our hearts that you are worthy of death sin is the destruction of the flesh, what is to save you from yourself.

And believe me when I say it the Buddhists are sinners.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
There are many things that are fundamentally wrong with Buddhism and any of the eastern religions and teachings primarily in the fact that you get to "heaven" or reach spiritual enlightenment which is my book does not get you to heaven because it says that nobody has the power to retain the spirit,

Infact there are many more dark and sinister realities with the Dalai Lama then most know of, they were in a bed with the serpent, in the belief that there is no good or evil, life Is just shades of grey, reincarnation, what is there idea of good exactly, because it says in the Bible that all our good deeds are as filthy rags to God, meaning that without knowing the will of God you cannot be find righteous by God.

And since by your own admission you know that you can never life up to the standard the law that God has put in our hearts that you are worthy of death sin is the destruction of the flesh, what is to save you from yourself.

And believe me when I say it the Buddhists are sinners.

I don't really know what you're saying.

What I can gather, though, is that you think you must find God in order to reach heaven.

What about anyone who is not of the lost tribes of Israel, which is pretty much everyone? By the way, only 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes get into heaven. That's 144,000. So even if you manage to be a part of one of the lost tribes, you have to be one of the lucky 12,000.

Book of Revelation 7:1-8
7 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2 Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3 “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” 4 Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

5 From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,

from the tribe of Gad 12,000,

6 from the tribe of Asher 12,000,

from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,

from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,

7 from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,

from the tribe of Levi 12,000,

from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,

8 from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,

from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,

from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.

How about someone who has not been exposed to the bible or Christianity, like newborn babies who fall ill? How about those tribes in the rainforest who have never met a white man?

So they don't get to go to heaven because they didn't find God, or does he make exceptions to his rule? If he does make exception, why would he send me to hell for leading a good life and putting other's needs before my own?
edit on 13-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaticDill

So basically, Buddhism is wrong because the bible says so? By 'it' I assume you mean the bible correct? What about those who never get the chance to be exposed to the bible? Are they sent to suffer forever from no fault of their own?

Take the tribes of the Amazon, they live in harmony with nature and do not corrupt it with greed or materialism. In many ways, they are much better people than a lot, if not most Christians. Why should they be sent to hell? Your god never sent them a messiah or a bible to read. Why should they deserve to go to hell?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

The 144,000 is not all the people that are saved. Those are those sealed to minister,

After that it says,

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

The reason a person does not come to the truth is because they don't seek it, you have to seek the truth in order to find it, if that means going out from a tribe or group because of its wickedness, case in point the Mayans. A person understands this regardless of ideals they are brought up with. A human being can understand inequity without being taught. Why is that?

So all these ancient civilizations that had advanced knowledge and technology were not aware of the things of the past, they knew well what they were doing.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So those who are never told to seek god are sent to hell? That doesn't seem very fair of god, especially since he never gave those tribes a reason to search.

It is easy for you to say they should leave the tribe because you are not them. To them, the tribe is all they have ever known, leaving it is not so easy as you imply. Imagine someone telling you to leave everything you know behind, would you do it? For no other reason than to just 'search' for something you know nothing of? If you say yes, you are a liar.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So those who are never told to seek god are sent to hell? That doesn't seem very fair of god, especially since he never gave those tribes a reason to search.

It is easy for you to say they should leave the tribe because you are not them. To them, the tribe is all they have ever known, leaving it is not so easy as you imply. Imagine someone telling you to leave everything you know behind, would you do it? For no other reason than to just 'search' for something you know nothing of? If you say yes, you are a liar.

Mind made suffering will lead you to search for relief. Seeking for 'God' is just looking for the end of suffering - it is natural.
It is only the delusional mind that prevents you from seeing the truth. Eventually the delusion is seen through.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

When I read EnigmaticDill's post and got to his mentioning of Romans 1:20, my thoughts went directly to some of your posts. It seems to fit what you say to a tee, that we are god and we create our own reality.

Funny how you post right after I think of you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I love that thought. It filled me with a good feeling. If only all aspects of religions did only that. The sad and terrible thing is, if i gave you a statistic which said how many lives had been lost to the sword of religion, if you were a religious person you would claim it the devils work, because the number would be so high. Yes i believe in God, but yes, our faith has come at a cost, and it will continue taking lives. It makes you wonder, it makes you prey that God is real, and that their is a purpose to it all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

God is the unseen that sees the seen.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Exactly. I think your beliefs and the ways the bible describes god are MUCH more closely related than most would think, including maybe even yourself.

You and I have like minds in respect to what god is.

edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Exactly. I think your beliefs and the ways the bible describes god are MUCH more closely related than most would think, maybe even yourself. Me and you have like minds in respect to what god is.

'My beliefs' are not beliefs. This is why what i say makes sense.
My posts point directly to truth because it is known here.
I don't 'think', it is known.
There are very few who can hear me.

Knowing God is being God.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I understand what you mean, but most of all, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It is not the mind that knows God. The mind will never 'know', the mind can only 'think'.
The 'thinking' is known by God.
God is the knower of all that arises presently.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Your mind is the thing that knows the thought. The thought is not 'thought', it is known and what is known is now.

Now is all there is, an endless stream of 'now', never ending. Now is the only thing that is real because it is happening at this moment and this moment and this moment.

God is clearly seen because we are the ones who see clearly.

I know exactly what you mean.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Your mind is the thing that knows the thought. The thought is not 'thought', it is known and what is known is now.

Now is all there is, an endless stream of 'now', never ending. Now is the only thing that is real because it is happening at this moment and this moment and this moment.

God is clearly seen because we are the ones seeing clearly.

I know exactly what you mean.

If 'thinking' is present, now is appearing as thought. The knower of thought/appearance is God.
Can you see the seer? Can the seer be seen?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

We are the knower of thought, we know every 'thing' because the only 'thing' is now. Now is all there has ever been.

Everyone knows 'this', they just don't realize it because they are trapped in the past or the future, which is not real.

You may be able to see yourself in the mirror, but what is seeing can never be seen because it is the one seeing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

It is a good thing to go and look for the seer, do not assume that it cannot be seen until you have had a good look.
What we are looking for is looking!
Look directly for the seer and the seeker and the one that suffers will disappear.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

We are the third eye, the eye that cannot be seen because it is the one seeing. That's why it is called the mind's eye because it is the eye that lets the other two eyes see.

The third eye can never be seen, only known. Once you open your third eye, you will be enlightened. Enlightenment is knowing you are the seer and the knower, knowing you are god because god knows every 'thing' and the only 'thing' is now.

The one seeing is eternal, the body that the seer sees may die, but the seer never dies.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join