It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple explanation of why Buddhism is correct.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by mkmasn
And you cannot teach me to be, as you have said. I must learn it myself, the same way Siddhartha had to learn it, the same way Jesus had to learn it, the same way the prophet Muhammed had to learn it, the same way Abraham had to learn it.

I think I can remember something from prophet Muhammed that """die before you die!""" maybe it referes to mysticism. that we should go beyond what we think is in this world and they are everything but there are many other truths in this world. maybe there are many truths that we figure it out when we die. but we can die before our die !

Yes, die before you die physically and you will know eternal life.
What you 'think' you are has to die (the mentality of me) and then there is just being.
Humans believe in before and after and this is all story. What you are is not a story.
Do not read the words, see the page.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The seeing/knowing aspect of you is God. So if you want to find God you have to find the seer.

human can feel the God intuitively and know it by wisdom so seers just are some Catalysts. if we want to reach the God, the Ultimate then we should go through ourselves intuitively. but still one can perceive some truths by wisdom however wisdom is not enough !

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Direct experience is all you can rely on.
Turn your gaze around and look directly at what is seeing. Actively search for the seer that is seeing this.

Do not go anywhere to find God.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Turn your gaze around and look directly at what is seeing. Actively search for the seer that is seeing this.

Direct experience is a great statement. can everybody do that. can ordinary people go through it easily. it needs hard work. what is your views about that. have you experienced anything. how should we verify our experiences. for example you step in a foreign country. you should have a reliable guidance unless you will get lost.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Direct experience is a great statement. can everybody do that. can ordinary people go through it easily. it needs hard work. what is your views about that. have you experienced anything. how should we verify our experiences. for example you step in a foreign country. you should have a reliable guidance unless you will get lost.

Direct experience is conscious contact.
Humans are obsessed with their thinking and their thinking makes them 'think a world' instead of experiening what is here and now. Here and now is direct experience/conscious contact.

It seems strange to think that one might have to learn this or find it hard.
Man is so hypnotized by the belief in time that he spends now playing in the realm of time, so is not aware of conscious contact.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

Look directly at yourself., look inward.
John Sherman can show you how:
youtu.be...

This is from John Shermans youtube channel 'Just One Look':

It seems indisputable that the overwhelming majority of human beings live in the experience of psychological misery and live their lives as an incessant search for relief from the sense that something is wrong, something needs to be done or undone, gotten or gotten rid of.
Our experience of our own lives has shown us directly that it is possible for all human beings to bring an end to fearfulness, discontent and alienation from life with a simple act of inward looking that can easily be accomplished by anyone willing to try. This is like nothing you have ever heard before; this is a revolution in the making for all of humanity.

And this is Mooji, a true master:
'Holding the Attention in Presence'
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have never seen you provide a clear explanation as to this "seeing the seer" concept. Can you explain in full, clear detail?

How does "seeing the seer" help to find "God"? What does that mean, exactly?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Only you can look inward for yourself and discover what is there. I cannot tell you.
John Sherman and Mooji can direct you:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Can the Seer be Seen? Part 1:youtu.be...
Can the Seer Be Seen? Part 2:youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's called your mind's eye, your consciousness, what makes you you.

We all have consciousness so that means we are all connected to the same 'godhead', a.k.a. consciousness.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So we literally spent two pages going in circles, you telling me thoughts, memories, experiences and understanding would get me nowhere, yet you now say experience is all you can rely on.

I don't know you or much about your beliefs other than what you have presented in this thread, but come on man. We're saying the same thing in different ways.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So we literally spent two pages going in circles, you telling me thoughts, memories, experiences and understanding would get me nowhere, yet you now say experience is all you can rely on.

I don't know you or much about your beliefs other than what you have presented in this thread, but come on man. We're saying the same thing in different ways.

Direct experience!!! Conscious contact.
There is this, what is happening (the truth) and there is this, what is not happening (delusion).

What's not Happening by Paul Hedderman:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Direct experience!!! Conscious contact.

Explain, in plain english, without philosophical run around, how direct experience is any different than thoughts, memories, experience and understanding?

You will not cease to think when you become enlightened, it will be a different thought process with all information available to you. You will not cease to remember, but you will remember what is to come. You will not cease to experience, because, as you say, you will be. And you will understand fully.

That's called perfection. Everything as one. Good and evil, love and hate, yin and yang.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I have edited my last post and included a brilliant explaination in video form for you - it is well worth a watch.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

You are telling me what enlightenment is so you must have directly experienced it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So just to clarify what he is saying.

Someone is chasing you with a kitchen knife and you are afraid. You shouldn't be afraid because nobody is really chasing you with a kitchen knife.

Then later he says, there were fifteen points in life you should have been afraid, like when a car was chasing you down.

Do you see the contradiction here? How is the person chasing you with a big kitchen knife any different than the car chasing you down?

But somehow the cavemen were validated in feeling fear because they might have been eaten by a tiger or something. How is the tiger any different than the kitchen knife?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

You are telling me what enlightenment is so you must have directly experienced it.

You directly experience it every day, through your thoughts, memories, experiences and understanding. These are things you will ALWAYS have, in whatever form your being takes. The understanding is the thread that ties it all together.

You cannot be without understanding being. Otherwise you do not know what being is and cannot say you are being.

My puppy is lying on her bed right now. Before she understood it was her bed, she would not lie down in it. She needed to think about the bed, experience lying down in the bed, remember lying down in the bed and understand it is her bed before she knew it was her bed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So just to clarify what he is saying.

Someone is chasing you with a kitchen knife and you are afraid. You shouldn't be afraid because nobody is really chasing you with a kitchen knife.

Then later he says, there were fifteen points in life you should have been afraid, like when a car was chasing you down.

Do you see the contradiction here? How is the person chasing you with a big kitchen knife any different than the car chasing you down?

But somehow the cavemen were validated in feeling fear because they might have been eaten by a tiger or something. How is the tiger any different than the kitchen knife?

You miss heard the opening sentence - he said if someone is chasing you with a kitchen knife the valid response would be fear.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I am not here to convince you.
It's all down to you.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Ok... continuing on then. He likens anxiety to fear. Two different things. Anxiety stems from stress. Fear stems from danger. People tend to use this word interchangeably, but that is not the case.

You've studied for a test for the past month. You are tired and stressed. You are anxious to take the test and anxious to see the outcome. You are not afraid to take the test, you are not afraid to see the results.

You're walking down the street and see a car swerve onto the sidewalk, coming straight for you. You are afraid to get hit by the car because it is going to hurt and you might die.

Two very different things.

Continuing further. If there is no me, as he says, then fear of being hit by the car wouldn't be validated. There would be no pain associated with being hit by the car, death wouldn't really happen, and it all wouldn't matter, yet fear is validated in this situation, as he said.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join