It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple explanation of why Buddhism is correct.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by mkmasn

How can someone teach you to be?
If you have to learn how to be, you have become.
There is no becoming because there is no time in which to become.
All appears presently.
This is being.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Memories, thoughts, experiences, and understanding teaches you.
You cannot be without understanding being. How do you know it is being if you do not understand it?
You must become in order to be.
All does not appear presently, all appears at once.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

reply to post by mkmasn

All appears presently.
This is being.

You cannot be without understanding being. How do you know it is being if you do not understand it?

Knowledge will not teach you to be. Eat from the tree of knowledge or from the tree of life.
Being does not have to become.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

All appears presently.
This is being.

Knowledge will not teach you to be. Eat from the tree of knowledge or from the tree of life.

The tree of knowledge and the tree of life are one and the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

All appears presently.
This is being.

The tree of knowledge and the tree of life are one and the same.

Knowledge is old news. Life is fresh.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I am again confused. is there any Buda or there is not. you spoke about that there are many Gods. but now you are in doubt about being itself !

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Is life easy or hard?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by mkmasn

I am again confused. is there any Buda or there is not. you spoke about that there are many Gods. but now you are in doubt about being itself !

The word Buddha means the enlightened one. One that can see through the delusion that mind causes.
Seeing with clarity what is present. It sees the thoughts as part of the scenery and is not attached to any thing it sees.
It knows that the seeing is true and holds onto that.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: Last sentence inserted.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

Enlightenment is the ultimate knowledge. Until one reaches enlightenment, one cannot understand the state of being, or existence, or life. When one does reach enlightenment, one effectively becomes God.

The premise behind Buddhism is correct, as the op was aiming for. Whether or not there was a Buddha is the same argument as whether or not there was a Jesus, or there is a God.

The last two pages have just been philosophical rhetoric about being and existence.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

However you do not know you are being.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

However you do not know you are being.

Correct.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Maybe you do not know you are being because you believe that one has to be good. Good is a goal. It is 'something' to become. You 'are' already. You do not have to be 'something' (good). You just are.

Look to the 'I am'.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

"Realizing you are God and becoming God are two different things, and I would assume one must practice in order to become God, so pray away!"

If you are God who are you praying to?
You 'assume' you have to practice to become God.
Realizing you are God is all you can hope to do.
God wakes up when God wakes up and not until.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Enlightenment is the ultimate knowledge. Until one reaches enlightenment, one cannot understand the state of being, or existence, or life. When one does reach enlightenment, one effectively becomes God.

yes of course. these are familiar to me. I prefer to call it Mysticism. it is in all religions and not just in Buddhism. but again I think there is a point. Ultimate knowledge. yes human can even goes beyond this world but as you stated """effectively becomes God""' human can not becomes the exact God. because I think Ultimate is Ultimate because it is beyond the reach of human. even our minds can not imagine it. so I prefer to worship and call something a God that is exactly the ultimate. because even me and you can become a Buddha. so I do not want to worship myself or what I can reach that.I just respect that and think about it's teachings.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

Maybe you do not know you are being because you believe that one has to be good. Good is a goal. It is something to become. You 'are' already. You do not have to be 'something' (good). You just are.

Look to the 'I am'.

No, I do not have to be good or evil. Perfection is both.

I do not know I am being because I do not understand being yet. I do not have enough thoughts, experiences, memories and understanding to be.

And you cannot teach me to be, as you have said. I must learn it myself, the same way Siddhartha had to learn it, the same way Jesus had to learn it, the same way the prophet Muhammed had to learn it, the same way Abraham had to learn it.

It will be revealed when I am ready, the same way it will be revealed when everyone else is ready.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by mkmasn

"Realizing you are God and becoming God are two different things, and I would assume one must practice in order to become God, so pray away!"

If you are God who are you praying to?
You 'assume' you have to practice to become God.
Realizing you are God is all you can hope to do.
God wakes up when God wakes up and not until.

You are misquoting me. Buddhists achieve enlightenment through meditation. Christians achieve enlightenment through prayer. They are one and the same. A way to clear the mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

yes of course. these are familiar to me. I prefer to call it Mysticism. it is in all religions and not just in Buddhism. but again I think there is a point. Ultimate knowledge. yes human can even goes beyond this world but as you stated """effectively becomes God""' human can not becomes the exact God. because I think Ultimate is Ultimate because it is beyond the reach of human. even our minds can not imagine it. so I prefer to worship and call something a God that is exactly the ultimate. because even me and you can become a Buddha. so I do not want to worship myself or what I can reach that.I just respect that and think about it's teachings.

The seeing/knowing aspect of you is God. So if you want to find God you have to find the seer.
Humans 'think' and it is this 'thinking' that that distracts you from the truth. The 'thinking' is part of the scenery. All that is known is scenery. Can you find the one that knows?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Perhaps I should say "one with God" instead? Is that easier to understand?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Oh no, i copied and pasted.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, but out of context.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

And you cannot teach me to be, as you have said. I must learn it myself, the same way Siddhartha had to learn it, the same way Jesus had to learn it, the same way the prophet Muhammed had to learn it, the same way Abraham had to learn it.

I think I can remember something from prophet Muhammed that """die before you die!""" maybe it referes to mysticism. that we should go beyond what we think is in this world and they are everything but there are many other truths in this world. maybe there are many truths that we figure it out when we die. but we can die before our die !

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join