US defense firms could push forward with sending layoff notices

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You claim offense is not the same as aggression.

The definition of offense itself does not support your claim.

No amount of examples of battles can save your argument.

Don't get mad at me because your chicken choked.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Bumped, Calgarian! The obvious downside of this are more people on the
street looking who are by and large very skilled workers-- with few job
openings available. I was out of work for three years and did odd jobs to
try to keep my digs and beans. What finally shook out for me to go to
makes a little over half what I made before. I hope everybody makes it
through ok, and adjust to whatever they get later.
The upside is maybe the welfare will go broke before we do, and the
country will be forced into a reality check on all these bounced "checks
and balances". Creative bookkeeping doesn't work without money in the
book, and maybe the US will be forced to actually make things again that
aren't intended to kill people. Always thought it was odd to reduce a
potential customer base...

"The only difference sometimes between a jungle and a zoo is cement
overshoes." unknown

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Guess they've got all the DUMBs built, time to kick the pawns who thought they had great govt jobs to the curb.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Is going to get very hard when the welfare state reach its limits and is not more merry go around to feed the unemployed and those that have known nothing but welfare.

Is a difference in between the productive class and welfare class many have no clue what that means and the big damage that is done to those that need the productive class including states taxable income, the productive class keeps the welfare class feed, it feeds services and many other state level assistance, It saddens me that some wants the downfall of the productive class claiming understanding of what they have not clue about, repercussions are the result.

But is OK, those that are productive all their lives will find a way, while those that are none will never be anything but Dependants on somebody else as usual.

Then people wonder why states are going bankrupted, if everybody needs welfare the states will end broke that is what unemployment does.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I hope these people find more fulfilling work in the near future. But there isn't a doubt in my mind that this is a move FORWARD for the world.

How do you know that these people did not find their current jobs fulfilling in their personal lives? Not everybody goes to work just to get a paycheck, some people actually like their jobs.

Unless you are saying that they should find more fulfilling work according to your worldview.
If that's the case, what would be "more fulfilling work"?

I suppose when I wrote that I was thinking of my world view. Shame on me but I would say more fulfilling would mean not working for the military industrial complex. If someone was a janitor for the nazi's and really enjoyed his work I would still say shame on them.

That being said I should admit that I currently work in the advertising/marketing sector and I hate myself for it. I am trying very hard to get out of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I'm sure that many of these jobs will simply move to private contractors.

Not with the deep cuts to defense. There won't be any private contractor contracts to fill.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join