It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US defense firms could push forward with sending layoff notices

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
and for some reason, L-Martin just started ad'n for a job fair to all who have experience in fab and support.....
true story, just three days aago, Dallas Texas

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OZtracized

Agreed strong defense is necessary, strong offense is not

What is it makes the best defence again....it's on the tip of my tongue...oh...yeah...the best defence is an offence.

Why would you only want to fight your wars in your own territory??

Right, and look where trying to occupy the world got us.

The premise of this thread is built around the FACT that YOUR way doesn't work. Does it now?

Same universal principles our country was founded on. You have the right to protect yourself but you don't have the right to infringe on the liberty and safety of others.

Do you need to be sent back to pre-school to learn these principles?

edit on 12-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

reply to post by OZtracized

Agreed strong defense is necessary, strong offense is not

What is it makes the best defence again....it's on the tip of my tongue...oh...yeah...the best defence is an offence.

Why would you only want to fight your wars in your own territory??

Right, and look where trying to occupy the world got us.

The premise of this thread is built around the idea that YOUR way doesn't work. Does it now?

Same universal principles our country was founded on. You have the right to protect yourself but you don't have the right to infringe on the liberty and safety of others.

Do you need to be sent back to pre-school to learn these principles?

edit on 12-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Well said, its kind of a
moment when you start comparing high school sports metaphors for WAR.

and yes we are at WAR the lines are drawn on US soil and foreign. that makes me wonder who is drawing all these lines... alot of news articles lately in the world forum start like this " the US and Israel have decided"

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I would love to see this country move out of the mindset of a "job" and move back to a country of entrepreneurs and inventors. The whole time I was in college everywhere you turned it was nothing ever spoken of the individual. It was all about getting a "good job."

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Far too much is spent on "defense" and far too little on infrastructure.

It's not going to be nice for the people who are laid off though.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by havok

I would love to see this country move out of the mindset of a "job" and move back to a country of entrepreneurs and inventors. The whole time I was in college everywhere you turned it was nothing ever spoken of the individual. It was all about getting a "good job."

I always hated that about schools. no creativity anymore no problem solving or thinking for yourself and solving the problem now its "what does the book say, then do that, oh look at the time im off the clock see ya' "

one scary thought I dont think has been brought up these layoffs will consist of to me the middle class people who probably make a nice 50 to 100K a year, if the numbers are right and 1million people are going to be out of work how in the world are they going to cover the unemployment costs for all of these people?

unemployment is just one of the many dominoes that come to mind from there the list goes on and on, from people being uninsured or under-insured to foreclosures skyrocketing because people cannot pay their bills with half of their pay now gone and unemployment running out... the saturation of qualified unemployed people out there will be a nightmare for those in the defense industry and for those who are already unemployed.

I hate to think about these dominoes but looking at the breaking news the WW3 & civil unrest forums 2012 is looking like the end of the world as we know it...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I speculate this is all part of the end game plan. Gut the military simultaneously collapsing the economy in one fell swoop.

As I have stated before - want to have a revolution start messing with the benefits of the millions of veterans with loads of combat experience in the past 10 years. Take away our benefits (because this will rest assured be part of the budget cuts) and many of us will have little to lose for rebellion.

Then they can declare martial law - set game match, check mate etc.

One the other hand.....we is gonna have some fine experienced civillians on our side who could really make a big difference between a successful regime change or a wet firecracker.
Me im gonna feel so much safer when the troops are back ........I believe the US Army would in large numbers side WITH the people.
They would identify with the recently discharged citizens army...as well as their families.
Remember the Army is way in favour of RonPaul too!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I would like to see a global military force, led by the UN, which is JUST large enough to o it's job of protecting world citizens and no more.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I hope these people find more fulfilling work in the near future. But there isn't a doubt in my mind that this is a move FORWARD for the world.

How do you know that these people did not find their current jobs fulfilling in their personal lives? Not everybody goes to work just to get a paycheck, some people actually like their jobs.

Unless you are saying that they should find more fulfilling work according to your worldview.
If that's the case, what would be "more fulfilling work"?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

This may sound like terrible news, which in turn is, but this is basically what Ron Paul wanted to do. Also 4 other departments, including education. From the ashes of failure, rise success.

So, if this goes down (biggest layoff in recent history), is this a step forward or back?

It's a micro-step forward. We have a machine that is only useful for offense. It's time for fedgov and their proxies (military and civilian) to quit victimizing our citizens and indeed ..... the entire human race.

A good start would be to close our overseas bases and bring our troops home. Cut 90%+ of our military spending and lay off most of our military. Everyone over the rank of Major at the pentagon needs to go. Dismantle the CIA completely. Find out where the missing trillions have gone.

If we declassified all of fedgov's secrets, I'd bet no sane person would ever support a massive military-industrial complex again.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Not very long ago there was a country called the USSR. They military-spent their way to bankruptcy and collapse. We, however, can't seem to see the parallels.

But don't worry about this story squids. It will never happen. The defense industry makes up some of the biggest sponsors of the politicians and the latter is nort about to bite the hand that feeds them. If Mittens wins you can be certain it won't happen. But either way, with everything boiling-over in the ME they have every excuse they need to keep pouring the money into thehands of their sponsors from the death industry.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Well is not going to happen is already happening my husband and many like him already got layoff from one of those two companies due to obama budget cuts.

It is easy to talk about," fixing the economy"," balancing the economy", but unless you are in the same shoes of people like my husband and others that are now unemployed you have not clue how things affect no only the lives of the people involved and the economy.

This lay off is only adding more bodies to the unemployment lines and welfare system

The income bracket that my husband was during his 30 years plus of employment first as a marine and then as a private contractor is the income bracket that feeds the economy so welfare and government services are available for those that never work or are in the welfare working class

When you are a productive worker you are paying into the pot with taxes, as you do not need government services or government help.

States loses too, as they will have to add more into paying for unemployment for this working group of once productive bodies.

How does that help the economy? you don't have to be a genius to figure that one out.

In 30 years of been a productive working body my husband never received unemployment, now he does.

Our retirement account is almost depleted, how that helps the economy? and our savings account almost gone, how that helps the economy?

Been Dependant on the government for help at the expenses of other hard working productive bodies is a burden and just increases the working poor welfare state in the nation, how that help the economy?

Obama seems to be the president that will be recognized for increasing to record numbers of the welfare state in the nation

And the economy will still be screw up.
cutting jobs do not add anything to the economy, creating welfare class jobs do not improve working standards and living standards it jobs keep eroding the nations reminding productive tax payers.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hi marg, long time no see.

I am very sorry to hear about your husband's job loss and your current financial situation. I want to say, though, that the reduction in government spending - ACROSS THE BOARD - must be done in order to reconstruct this country into the same vibrant, healthy economy that allowed your husband his 30 year work experience in the first place.

While that doesn't help your own personal pain, and my heart does break for you as a read your situation, I just want to say that when we hit bottom (and we're no where near bottom yet...it's going to get worse because what needs to be done is going to be extremely painful across the board), it will be people like your husband who will lead the way in the new American economy.

*hugs* Please stay strong. Praying for you and your husband.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

You are right, some people never will understand that increasing unemployment and government assistance doesn't help or boost the economy at all.

Sadly some people have been living on government assistance all their live that they never will understand what a productive working class in the nation means, without them is not such thing as government welfare.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Valhall

You are right, some people never will understand that increasing unemployment and government assistance doesn't help or boost the economy at all.

Sadly some people have been living on government assistance all their live that they never will understand what a productive working class in the nation means, without them is not such thing as government welfare.

That's right. And that's why I stated in my first post on this thread, the reduction in government spending is happening TOTALLY back-asswards. More and more benefits and less and less constraints are being provided to those who never have, nor never intend to, work. So instead of addressing the tick on our ass, they are first attacking the side that will create more entitlement recipients.

sigh - morons the lot of them.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As much as I hate to see people lose their jobs, maybe this will help de-escalate our Military-Industrial Complex. The people getting laid off are smart people...they will find another job.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When the 'Iron Lady' was in power, she did a slash and burn on the British economy, it took a long time for the Brits to get back on track, however, now the Brits have to import just about everything from TV's to tomatoes, the Brits are now four trillion pounds in debt to the rest of the world, (four trillion pounds is roughly six trillion Dollars.)
Did'nt she do well?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
I would like to see a global military force, led by the UN, which is JUST large enough to o it's job of protecting world citizens and no more.

That is the last bunch of nutters I would want to see with their own private army, look at the mess the UN caused with its global warming predictions, not of which have come true.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thought provoking. Now all these people are being transferred from working for the government to unemployment and the taxpayers will still be paying.From productive citizens to being on the public dole. How is this helping anything?

Another thought what is the security clearance of these people. Also what would be the value of the information they hold on the open market and what would the chinese and russians be willing to pay for that information.

There may be more here than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cutting jobs do not help the economy it only increases the burden on the remaining tax payer while the government just utilizes the so call "saved" revenue to finance something else, like "Obamacare" it is just transferring funds from one area to another increasing the spending still.

Is not such thing as saving the economy but increasing the size of the welfare state.

Under the present administration the welfare has increase incredible, more people are now either unemployed on some kind of government assistant.

How does that helps the economy? it doesn't it only shows how much in danger is our nations when it have to move funds around from one area to the other to finance their spending.

edit on 12-8-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join