It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Here is what I have been seeing around my area, they are randomly placed around the South St. Paul and West St. Paul.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I think you've been making some good points the last few days.
The point about the cell phone prompted me to do some digging around.
I was already looking to get rid of our smart phones and get pay as you go cells for emergency (kid with disability makes traveling with some sort of phone important.) I want a land line.
The information I discovered reinforced that.

It also got me thinking how many people I know who don't have smart phones with gps. More than what ya think.

The most up to date stuff I watch is True Blood, Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time.
I have to say: watching Walking Dead is actually interesting because it gives you a really interesting idea of what people are like like when tshtf.
But other than that, I usually have no clue who or what is 'popular.'
(I'm a mom of 2 and I home school, that should say a lot right there.)

But I notice how often people have no clue what is going on in the world. OR they do, but there is an absolute apathy.

The point you made earlier on about people getting up and doing something,

I wish.

I've had the unfortunate pleasure to be involved with some problems with a local school district. I cannot tell you how often people say I am SO outraged and then go back to their regularly scheduled programming. The entire thing is so stinkin' corrupt and people care but not enough to do anything.
I have been to the BOE and will go back, although I've little faith it'll do anything other than make them close their lips tighter.

Point being: people often don't care until those little problems do affect them on a daily basis. The cameras?
It would probably take the cameras actually being in their bedrooms before they'd care.

You know, this is so very Fahrenheit 451. Think those cameras on the outside aren't a big deal?

Ha, right now, maybe it's not.
But when certain people get a certain amount of power, it's amazing what those cameras can help them achieve.
And even then, people probably still wouldn't care.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
these cameras are an invasion of our privacy. no bien.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 14-8-2012 by AlfonsoG because: general edit

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The cameras in public really should be the least of everyone's worries.
It's pubic, and everyone in public can see you plain as day, just like the cameras.

The bigger concern anyone and everyone should have are the factors, programming, and suggestions that are basically mind control that cause you and pretty much everyone else to willingly voluntarily of your own apparent free will to cooperate, where in fact, you've been controlled like a sock puppet.

As illustrated before, it's just so convenient to tag someone's face when you upload it on Facebook. The system even prompts you like it's an important (yet cool yay!) part of the being one with the social network and communing with your peers. Thus, you go willingly to the slaughter like a lamb, essentially informing on your friends, letting whoever is behind the curtain know who your friends and associations are, and even where they go with the wonderful and also very convenient tool of geotagging.

Of course, if someone ever asked you if you'd be an informant on or against your friends, you'd say NO, but, the fact is, if you're assisting in developing a better facial recognition system by tagging photos and geotagging them as well, you may as well be working for the secret police even if you don't know it, and you're doing it for free too!

In such respects, you've been turned into a brainless zombie and controlled like a sock puppet to willingly of your own free will cooperate and assist in something that you might not otherwise if you knew what it was you were doing.

Open your eyes, ears, and brains people!
Cameras in public are the least of your concerns. The cameras don't make you do anything.
The cameras don't program you. The cameras don't control you.
Look around. Try to discover what else controls you, and how do you feel about being so easily manipulated?

It's easier to hack people and control them than it is a computer, and they'll do it willingly to themselves for you, helping, and even say "thank you" afterwards.

edit on 14-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Want to laugh?  Go ahead...

The biggest conspiracy of them all... in terms of:
1) how few people really think a) it's a reality at all, b) it affects *them*, directly, and
2) how actually easy it is to prove as irrefutable fact... 

edit on 8/14/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You do know that you don't need to be a part of facebook.

You don't need to go on a computer.

You don't need to fill out information about yourself.

You don't need to go outside.

You don't need to do anything that you just said.

You can only tag people when they have a facebook. Otherwise it does nothing but a name.

You can ask friends not to put up a picture or delete it.

You can create an email saying your in a different state.

You can use proxies to shield your ip address.

The only way that you can say this is true is if they willingly put themselves in the situation.

If your paranoid about being seen then all you have to do is sit in your closet and not speak to the world and become a hermit.

Public cameras can only see you if your in PUBLIC.

No one forces you to come outside.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Cameras tend to make people nervous, something about those pesky things getting people in an uproar because they might lead to,I don't know, catching them in the act of doing something illegal? The intelligence community gets more info on us from this website (among others) as opposed to live camera feeds. Sorry, but just because there is a shadow doesn't mean there is a conspiracy lurking in it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
"If you don't do anything wrong, you shouldn't be bothered by it."

This is the typical sheeple response that I hear anytime I bring up the subject. The truth of the matter is, what is illegal? Rather, what isn't illegal? You break the law every day and you don't know it (or you do). Almost everything you do has a law for or against it and it just makes everyone guilty if they feel like pressing charges. If they don't like you for any reason, perhaps you support a different political party, you could be the one that is constantly monitored and often thrown into prison without warning because they could see you given they had eyes everywhere.

If you were planning on revolting against this tyranny, then they would know before you even did much about it. If your daily patterns seem odd, you could get red flagged by sophisticated tracking algorithms that monitor where everyone is at and what they are doing and if what they are doing is normal, suspicious, or out of the ordinary etc...

True, this kind of technology will probably take another 30-years to develop because of the sheer amount of horse power to monitor everybody in the US, but it could happen and like everything else, it just needs to start with one small thing, then another, then something else... You deserve your privacy and liberty.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

You do know that you don't need to be a part of facebook.

You don't need to go on a computer.

You don't need to fill out information about yourself.

You don't need to go outside.

You don't need to do anything that you just said.

You can only tag people when they have a facebook. Otherwise it does nothing but a name.

You can ask friends not to put up a picture or delete it.

You can create an email saying your in a different state.

You can use proxies to shield your ip address.

The only way that you can say this is true is if they willingly put themselves in the situation.

If your paranoid about being seen then all you have to do is sit in your closet and not speak to the world and become a hermit.

Public cameras can only see you if your in PUBLIC.

No one forces you to come outside.

I'm pretty certain I've already implied most of that, if not directly, then through inference in previous posts in this thread.
I have, however detailed how there's a social imperative such that total avoidance is typically impossible by illustrating that most privacy issues are willingly compromised by the very same people that seem to all up in arms about the issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Actually , Druscilla's first avatar was quite disgusting. The only reason I know that is 1000 posts in one month made me look. Had nothing to do with the cynical nature or incarnate anger. Doc Holliday is right.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I don't see how this is shocking or even a bother.

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

Which is all well and good. As long as the laws are all reasonable and not onerous. You may change your mind about having big brother watch your every move if he up and decides to make some kind of crazy law you never expected. I know people don't like it when you bring up things like the Holocaust but think about it. Just being Jewish was basically illegal.

You're working under the assumption all the laws are going to be fair, right and just. The way this government is going, I expect some oppressive laws to be rolled out within the next couple of decades. More oppressive than anything we've seen in America. At least within the lifetimes of most people living.

Of course it seems reasonable if you believe it will only be used for things like catching murderers and so forth. But isn't that always how they open the door? Every step they take, you have to ask yourself "What potential does this have for abuse and if the day does come when it gets seriously abused, how devastating will that be?"

Let's say they decide to make consuming "bad foods" some kind of "social crime". A public surveillance network with artificial intelligence would be the perfect dragnet, wouldn't it?
edit on 7-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

I guessed they would do this.

they probably have listening devices embedded in [insert object] also.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MobiusShaun

Scansoft, now Nuance has had audio mining at least since 2002. Siri uses the Nuance speech recognition engine. I've been a long time investor in Scansoft/Nuance and i clearly remember a press release in the early 2000's as to a relationship with government spy and law enforcement agencies as to the audio mining product..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Wow. It is near the end game!

Thought I would share this mind-blowing article exposing Alex Jones once and for all as a BUG.

[spam link removed]

People who think like us need to stick together!
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join