It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Called 'Trapwire'

consciouslifenews.com

Every few seconds, data picked up at surveillance points in major cities and landmarks across the United States are recorded digitally on the spot, then encrypted and instantaneously delivered to a fortified central database center at an undisclosed location to be aggregated with other intelligence. It’s part of a program called TrapWire and it’s the brainchild of the Abraxas, a Northern Virginia company staffed with elite from America’s intelligence community
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
edit on 11-8-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

Well this has already been observed here in Tempe, Arizona. If you ever walk along Mill Avenue, there are now cameras hanging out above either side of the main strip. Go to downtown Phoenix, and you will encounter the same thing. Any one up for some target practice?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Thoughts?

Sure. They most likely have the ability to hack into IPhone cameras.

Ever notice how most lap tops & PC monitors these days have built in webcams?

Yeah, I got "thoughts".
~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

My own personal beliefs are treat these cameras like a shill or troll, ignore them, if the time comes when we are in a civil war then there useless anyway because you know what the people are doing..............hunting the camera watchers and shooting the cameras.
The only people that worry so much about this is the person that does not want to be caught at something, I don't live where there are camers other then traffic camers,(yes I know they also retrieve info and store it) but I ignore them, they are of no consequence to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Big Brother has arrived? This has been desired for centuries, since before anyone dreamed of the technology. So too has "new speak" and context management and a host of other scurrilous and deceitful means of reducing otherwise free peoples to servitude and subjection.

Time continues to run out. There is only one cure for tyranny, and it is best used as a preventative measure. Fighting and violent overthrow after the takeover is far more bloody and risky.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A lot of people say "well if you have nothing to hide and are not up to no good what are you worried about?"

As stupid as this may sound, the argument that for me sums up why we shouldn't be spied on by our governments is "because we just shouldn't". I'm sure people who feel the same way about being spied on as I do know what I mean by "we just shouldn't be". It's just that feeling inside, we should be allowed our privacy, for good or bad.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The way I am understanding these cams is that they are NOT being used by local law enforcement.
The information is being gathered and sent to a central intelligence database.
The problem is that this is NOT about helping to solve or eliminate crime.
It is purely collecting data on people.

So think of it like this:
You're a Ron Paul fan, you home school, you collect guns and food (whatever you get my drift) and are, according to them, the powers that be, a potential terrorist.
So, with the use of these cams they follow everything you do. Everything your family does. Everything your friends do.
And what is the purpose?

It's no secret that in years past up til now, the govt really has no problem destroying people's lives.
If they see just how serious you are about wanting to bring about change, don't think for one second they won't follow your every move and find a way to silence you.

People really need to start reading the history books a bit more.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's little surprise.

Commonly, we can say, if you let *them* treat everyone like a prisoner, then we all live in a prison.

Weren't American supposed to be "born free"?

In legal terms, I'd assert that for law enforcement to sit there and mindlessly monitor The Masses *waiting* for a "crime" is too intrusive for ordinary citizens to bear. That is, if there is no report or allegation of a crime, there is no reason for an "investigation" to begin with. Really, what happens on every corner of every street is none of the friggin business.

otoh, there are hordes of low life scumbags out there than leech off society off every turn. The irony is the institutions of trust that good people employ to protect society from the lowlifes, well, those institutions become exactly what we all supposedly hate, criminal psychotics.
edit on 12-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: freedom

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No wonder I feel like somebody is watching me...I can now stop taking these little pills the shrink gave me....thank goodness I am really not paranoid(just kidding)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I work as a CCTV operator in a busy Public Transport Interchange. I have worked with CCTV for over 10 years. If anyone has any questions or interested in knowing anything about it then fire away.

I would just like to say I feel safer knowing that someone maybe watching when i am walking home alone. Its a good deterrent.

For Example: have been able to stop criminal acts on good honest people like the elderly. I have been able to spot missing children and return them to their parents.
I feel better knowing that in any event where one of my children did go missing we would have a good chance of knowing the last location and have a better chance of finding them.

CCTV is a good thing IMO. It has saved lives!
edit on 12/8/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SangriaRed

While I understand the point that you're trying to get across, the history books are filled with revisionist historical distortions of the truth most of the time. Just saying.

Alternative news and websites are what people need to study. Much older and earlier published history books sometimes do back up your suggestion though. ~$heopleNation
edit on 12-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Are you sure? I can't find the link, but a camera was found near campsites somewhere inthe US. T think it belonged to the Forest Service and the were a little hacked off that it had been found.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
the arugment that if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about is straight from the badkside of a cow!
seriously cant believe anyone on ats would even say crap like that.
so much that our 'founding fathers' did would be called terrorist now so much that is innocent can be classified as illegal that soon it will be hard to do anything without some law or agency deeming it to ve subversive.
when protesters are considered to be enemies of the state and speaking ones own mind become punishable offenses what else they might do becomes a matter of 'what dont we like today'.
old cliche but.. first they came for the communists but i wasnt a communist so i didnt speak up. then they came for the christians but i wasnt a christian so i didnt speak up. then they came for me and there was no one left to speak up for me.
totalitarianism is creeping into our everyday lives and where it ends is whereever we do not speak up loud enough. they will take everything if we do not speak up. that is what 'they' do!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are cameras on rural intersections now that I NEVER would have thought would need a monitor. I mean, ZERO accidents in decades, the kind of place you'd stop and help a stranger...wtf can justify needing a camera there?

The only answer is: for oppression.

How about if citizens have fair access to the camera streams? ANY video collected in public should be accessible to the public, who paid for it. In that case, you'd have the public eye, the real jurors, people who don't have a horse in the race, making sure granny gets home without her sunday hat getting blown away. Who gets access to the images when cops go bad?

Let's go one better. How about a camera in every govt office, every DA, judge, clerk, accountant, cop, leaf blower...EVERYONE employed by tax dollars. WE can therefore use the same logic in reverse...we want to be sure there are no crimes, no theft of Post-it notes, no time wasting, complete efficiency, no games by the government! lol, how well would that go over? IF they commit a crime, there we the people have a record of who did what.

Sounds like a commie utopia, where objective truth can be forged in the eyes of the people, in the open. It's really just a way of looking at the technology as neutral, not good or bad, just a matter of how it's employed. You simply cannot have a fair system with a powerful technology pointed in just one direction, AT The People.
edit on 12-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All the people with nothing to hide wouldn't mind having cameras in their bathrooms and bedrooms?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
I work as a CCTV operator in a busy Public Transport Interchange. I have worked with CCTV for over 10 years. If anyone has any questions or interested in knowing anything about it then fire away.

I would just like to say I feel safer knowing that someone maybe watching when i am walking home alone. Its a good deterrent.

For Example: have been able to stop criminal acts on good honest people like the elderly. I have been able to spot missing children and return them to their parents.
I feel better knowing that in any event where one of my children did go missing we would have a good chance of knowing the last location and have a better chance of finding them.

CCTV is a good thing IMO. It has saved lives!

Good. Why can't I view the videos too? How about a video of you viewing the video of me watching you?
edit on 12-8-2012 by BrutalDictator because: Does that make you warm and fuzzy?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This kind of thing is something we are all going to have to accept one way or another. They cannot be bargained with. They do not feel pity or remorse. And they will absolutely not stop.

edit on 12-8-2012 by Tindalos2013 because: Sarah Conner we need you.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kino321

I'm sure, Heinrich Himmler would second that...

But history never repeats, does it?

edit on 12/8/12 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by SangriaRed

While I understand the point that you're trying to get across, the history books are filled with revisionist historical distortions of the truth most of the time. Just saying.

Alternative news and websites are what people need to study. Much older and earlier published history books sometimes do back up your suggestion though. ~$heopleNation
edit on 12-8-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Ugh, you make a great point.
I suppose when I think of reading up on things my first thought is to actually do what you suggest and then from there pick out different things to study and then head to the library to get some additional reading materials. We have an awesome library system that we are able to reserve books from other libraries and pick up locally. So, we really have a great selection of reading materials.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm late to this post so i'm not sure if this was posted yet.. Wikileaks is down.. It was hit by a DDOS.. Source.

Coincidence? Highly unlikely..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I still don't see the big scare on Trapwire. Its nothing more than a database of camswith some tags added to pictures it takes.

Example. Guy robs bank leaves in white car.
Take a circle around the bank check the cams. The time would have been 10:05. Search 10:00 to 10:15 on the data base. Search for white cars. Car shows up it went north. Move the bubble of the search north for more cams. Maybe if they get lucky they can get a half way clear shot at a traffic light. But if all else fails they will know the area where they turned off of the major roads with cams and can send the patrol cars to that area for a search.

They only want to limit the man power needed. Dubai used a lot of man power when the put together the dubai assasination cam logs. But they showed what could be done.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join