It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
With leaks like this, so much for not wanting to extradite Assange from Sweden...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The government shouldnt have any sort of program with the word "trap" in it... It isnt their job to spy on americans, or trap them... Thats a violation.. Looks like some video cameras are coming down.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

"Undisclosed central location." How on earth are they going to process it all? That's why a truly effective police surveillance state is almost possible.

But, they're trying hard.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yea, this ia given and everyone complains about violence a d things of this sort. So now they are trying to control all the things you complain about.

Like what Druscilla, said, exactly.
edit on 12-8-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Druscilla

you have a pretty girl as your avatar, and you have wits about you, these things ive noticed, i also notice you are skeptic of most conspiracy's(from what ive seen here and there). This makes me believe u may not be just a ats user, but a dis info agent. if you are who u portray yourself as, than i would hope that u can see the thoughts and ideals of other users as a possible truth, instead of trying to debunk and nay say the ideals of others without any forethought. u realize that since u portray yourself as a attractive smart girl you will be agreed with(stared flagged) based on those characteristics alone. If u are who u portray yourself as please know some weaker minded users will take ur words as truth even if its false(with power comes responsibility), and if u are a dis info agent as some believe u have created a character that will fulfill ur agenda(well done).

i base the pretty girl avatar "theory" on what ive seen, some months ago some one took a cell phone pic of a pretty girl and weather or not it was her, her introduction thread got more responses than any other introduction thread ive seen, and more responses than most regular threads, i hope ur not using a pretty pic to sway minds of others.

and to stay on topic these cameras are just a new world order thang. either fight it or become part of it, the choice is yours.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

This has to be one of the more flattering, and also hilarious messages I've received.
I'm printing this one out, putting it in a frame, and hanging it on the wall over my monitor.

This message is so adorable, I don't even really know what to say.

For the record, I don't have an introduction thread.
For the record, If I was going to take a picture of some random 'pretty' girl, there are lots of more 'pretty' girls on the internet I could have used a picture from, any which of them bearing a more typical 'pretty' girl appearance than shown in my avatar.

For the record, I am, who I am, and my opinions as expressed are of my own, for my own purposes, expressed freely in a public forum.
No one pays me for hanging out on ATS and expressing my opinion, but, if you happen to know who is paying money to people so that they can hang out on ATS and get paid for expressing their opinions, then, please feel free to message me about them.

For the record, I typically don't have to sit and think about what I post, because typically anything and everything I post is based on basis of all the many things I already know from over a decade in University, Consulting, and all the myriad other bits of life experiences I've learned, gathered, worked, studied, and picked up as required, or because it interested me.

For the record, I assert my opinions as always being correct because I fully feel, believe and know myself to be correct ... until proven otherwise, in which case, someone need present an effective argument to change my mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Reminds me of DARPA's beautifuly named project Combat Zones That See

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

PKD would most likely tell us how the Tulpa/Meme he created altered time and space and we Now are all living in an Alternate Universe were the Nazi's actually won by taking over America through the Paperclip program to hide nazi scientists within America.

or something along that line

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

I don't know at which part my laughing was the loudest, the part where you compare the notion of a deity watching people to authorities, and use that in defense of a huge spying network, or the part where you spew your bull# about how you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway...

Here's an idea for you; apply your logic to banking, government,... They shouldn't be up to naughty business either, so why don't u go spying on them! We'll laugh when you get arrested

Please, spew some more straw men in this thread, they are hilarious to read and god forbid only people with common sense would reply!

Originally posted by TheAnarchist

You must be kidding? Please tell me that you're a troll. Just because humans believe in a deity means that our rights to privacy are forfeit? When will this obsession with surveillance stop? Never?

Why don't they just stick video cameras in everyone's homes too? I mean, God's already there anyway right? What's the big deal? That way you'll catch all the naughty people before they even leave the house. Get rid of privacy altogether, who needs it anyway? The only reason you'd need privacy is if you were up to no good. Why don't we just implant trackers on everybody? Save the fascists some time searching through all that video footage to make sure we're not doing anything that's not permitted by our Rulers. Microphone everyone too so we can know for sure that no one's committing crimes or engaging in terrorist activities. That sounds reasonable enough, right? Hell, if God's listening in then the FBI and the CIA and the NSA should all be able to as well. Screw our rights. There's smelly criminal junkies and radical Jihadists creeping around every corner of our neighborhoods, and they must all be hunted down and eliminated at all costs, for our own safety, of course. Please, film me, tape me, track me, do whatever you have to! I just want to feel secure.

These are hilarious! Privacy? In Public?
Please look up the definition of "Oxymoron".

What's the problem with cameras in public?
What are you doing in public you don't want people to see?

I really don't see what the big deal is, and why all of you seem so utterly totally defensive.
Why are you guys so defensive?
Hiding something?
What's wrong?
You guys certainly seem way more emotionally invested and defensive about this than anyone really should be.
Why so defensive?
Hmmm?

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

I have read a few of your posts and you seem like quite a contrarian. Always taking the other side it seems.

Did you read 1984? No concerns about personal space and potential government misuse or misinterpretation of your actions. You trust the government to watch after your best interests?

I could care less who or what watches me in public. It's IN PUBLIC!
Why should anyone care about cameras in PUBLIC?

Originally posted by HamrHeed
She's not attractive though really, she just wears alot of makeup and spiritually, to cover her god given existence

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but, the only makeup on that face is a little bit of eyeliner and shadow.

Regarding spirituality, whatever that means, I pretty sure I have zero tolerance for whatever spirituality is, and I might even be horribly allergic to it. Whatever spirituality is, keep it away from me, or I might vomit.

Same thing goes for anything given by god, so, anything god-given can be given back because I want nothing to do with any gods.

I wish all the gods for all the religions would come and pick up all their peoples and take them to heaven or where ever they want to go so I don't have to deal with so many freaks, or at least just let the Rapture happen so all the Christians go away, because they're the worst.
I'm pretty much okay with Hindus, Buddhists, and any other belief system that minds their own business and doesn't try to push their system of belief on me. All the other totalitarian paternalistic control freak religions that require absolute obedience or eternal suffering can keep all their utterly ridiculous backwards dogmas.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was talking to a friend last year about surveillance and being watched. She too felt it wasn't a big deal and a person shouldn't be doing anything wrong in public anyway.
I pointed out to her that an example of "being watched" could be the monitoring of your automobile's GPS location and speed. What if a time comes whenever your speed of travel exceeds the posted limit by at least 5mph (8kph) a ticket is automatically generated and mailed to you. She didn't like that idea at all!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, god forbid the government or those in control of the infrastructure go "rogue" or decide to start doing what THEY want to do instead of what the people want...The whole system invites them to do this because really, the people have no power to hold them accountable anymore.

If the government goes rogue while having a public surveillance infrastructure at their disposal...good luck resisting that, they will catch you before you even get anything started. Public surveillance is an integral part of continuity of a corrupt government.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogmire

I was talking to a friend last year about surveillance and being watched. She too felt it wasn't a big deal and a person shouldn't be doing anything wrong in public anyway.
I pointed out to her that an example of "being watched" could be the monitoring of your automobile's GPS location and speed. What if a time comes whenever your speed of travel exceeds the posted limit by at least 5mph (8kph) a ticket is automatically generated and mailed to you. She didn't like that idea at all!

The funny thing about this is, practically everyone has phones, and practically everyone that has such phones have phones with GPS, yet, for some reason, they want to throw a wall-eyed fit when it comes to so called "privacy" issues with simple cameras posted in PUBLIC places, even though they voluntarily of their own free will carry a cell phone with GPS, and they even carry that cell phone with GPS with them inside their home.

Additionally, that very same cell phone can be TURNED ON remotely to listen to everything you say and everything around you, and if it has a camera, the camera can also be used and hijacked by any agency to see what can be seen through said camera.

Oh, but, it's entirely okay to willingly and voluntarily carry around something that could be used as a government listening device, used to tell all your personal secrets to everyone in any and every government agency that wants to listen in, or check your web browsing activity, or capture your chat logs, yeah, because certainly something so powerful as a personal computer that holds all your private information and knows where you are at all times is much much much much safer and better and convenient because it's a cool and nifty gadget that you can play angry birds on.

Everyone gets all up in arms throwing total wall-eyed foaming at the mouth conniption fits over cameras IN PUBLIC when they carry around a device that any and every government agency can use much more effectively to spy on them at ALL TIMES, even in their home, anywhere and everywhere they go and take the phone with them, and they willingly take the phone with them without complaint.

Further, if anyone tried to take their precious personal government spy device away from them, they'd throw another fit because they would be robbed of the convenience of the interwebs, and their social networks, and angry birds, and texting, and twitter, and whatever else they use their personal government agency spy device for.

Think about it.
Cameras in PUBLIC?
Big deal. Who cares. It's not news. Get over it. Quit being a big butt-hurt baby over it.

Personal Government agency spy device in your pocket, capable of watching and listening to you at all times?
Hmmm, if you're really all that bent out of shape about privacy while you're in PUBLIC, you might want to think about leaving your phone somewhere or just getting rid of it all together.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else

What an ignorant, childish notion ...

Who do you think you are, prince William ... you think anyone is creating such surveillance, to keep YOU safe? if thatäs what you think, then you should be put in a zoo, with the other animals.

No one, is spending their money to keep YOU safe ... they're doing it, to keep themselves safe ... from YOU. It's a pre-emptive measure, against YOU. So prince william can be safe ... so, GWB, can be safe. safe, from YOU.

The police isn't there, to keep YOU safe. They're not there to guard you. If you call them, they're more likely to charge you with bothering them, than help you. It's because, their job is not to keep you safe. Their job is to keep the officials safe, from YOU. To make sure you stay in line ... do as your told.

But, of course, you aren't going to do anything bad, so it's ok. right? Are you sure, what YOU think is bad, and what others think is bad, is equivalent? What about the black south african student, who was shot for reaching for his wallet ... with 35 shots. Was he a bad guy? doing bad things? What about the homeless, the unemployed ... are they bad men, doing bad things? Is it a crime, that nobody wants to give you work?

If all you can think of, is "Im not gonna do bad things, its ok" ... then the answer to it is, YES YOU ARE DOING BAD THINGS. Your ignorance and stupidity, is the source of the powers that TPTB are using.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

"Undisclosed central location." How on earth are they going to process it all?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else

Those who choose safety over freedom, deserve nether.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Walk the walk and lose your cell phone (personal government tracking GPS listening device).

Or, would that be too inconvenient?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Walk the walk and lose your cell phone (personal government tracking GPS listening device).

Or, would that be too inconvenient?

I don't have a cell phone, hell this internet connection isn't even mine.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is the first post you have made that actually makes sense, but does NOTHING too address your ridiculous idea that we need to be spied on some MORE, or perhaps we need to get rid of all these spy agencies...

Instead you tell us to censor ourselves some more, and play angry birds, which will be good, COMPLIANCE.

How about we do not need this behemoth governments telling us how to live for some TRULY religious reason...the reasons that are rarely talked about, the GODS they serve...which is why they need such control, fear, and because they are AFRAID..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

There you go then. Spread the word to everyone throwing a wall-eyed fit about privacy when they willingly of their own accord actually prefer to carry around a cell phone, which can be used by any government agency to snag all their private data, chat history, web browsing, contacts, and the entire history of every location they've ever been while they've had the phone, but still complain about cameras, in PUBLIC.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join