It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I don't see how this is shocking or even a bother.

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

I don't know at which part my laughing was the loudest, the part where you compare the notion of a deity watching people to authorities, and use that in defense of a huge spying network, or the part where you spew your bull# about how you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway...

Here's an idea for you; apply your logic to banking, government,... They shouldn't be up to naughty business either, so why don't u go spying on them! We'll laugh when you get arrested

Please, spew some more straw men in this thread, they are hilarious to read and god forbid only people with common sense would reply!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

If you lived in a glass house... then painted that glass black they could not see you.

There are ways around everything. You could even hold a black pane of glass over your head and they could not see you. Rebuttal?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

People of religious faiths are suppose to act like their choice of higher power is watching them at all times anyway.

When you're out and about, you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway. If you do, well, expect to get caught out for it. Simple.

You must be kidding? Please tell me that you're a troll. Just because humans believe in a deity means that our rights to privacy are forfeit? When will this obsession with surveillance stop? Never?

Why don't they just stick video cameras in everyone's homes too? I mean, God's already there anyway right? What's the big deal? That way you'll catch all the naughty people before they even leave the house. Get rid of privacy altogether, who needs it anyway? The only reason you'd need privacy is if you were up to no good. Why don't we just implant trackers on everybody? Save the fascists some time searching through all that video footage to make sure we're not doing anything that's not permitted by our Rulers. Microphone everyone too so we can know for sure that no one's committing crimes or engaging in terrorist activities. That sounds reasonable enough, right? Hell, if God's listening in then the FBI and the CIA and the NSA should all be able to as well. Screw our rights. There's smelly criminal junkies and radical Jihadists creeping around every corner of our neighborhoods, and they must all be hunted down and eliminated at all costs, for our own safety, of course. Please, film me, tape me, track me, do whatever you have to! I just want to feel secure.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Don't forget that if you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.

Riiight...

Peace

I am just waiting for technology that will read your thoughts and catch you BEFORE you commit a crime. Anyone see 'Minority Report'?
edit on 12-8-2012 by texasgirl because: Wrong reply

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

I think your giving more credit to the government than they deserve.

And caveman hippie? Is that all you got as an insult?
Or were you trying to be funny because im definitely not laughing. :|

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thank you for doing the best you can to protect me at all times. 24/7 safety. This way, if I am assaulted while out in public, there will be an accurate video record of the perps and they can come and take the dastardly villains away.

Ben Richards, a military pilot who was convicted of a massacre in Bakersfield, California which he actually refused to participate in...

edit on 12-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

Like always, people can see the writing on the wall, but can't make any sense of it. It is simple why they are obsessed over watching everything everyone does.

www.softcity.com...

www.forbes.com...

www.economist.com...

To make it even simpler, the more you know about the past and the present, combined with super expensive computers and really awesome algorithm's= greater ability to predict the future. It the past, the righ and "leaders" in society would spend a great deal of time consulting with sooth sayers, fortune tellers and oracles.

With science, they have built their own technological oracle.

link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist

You must be kidding? Please tell me that you're a troll. Just because humans believe in a deity means that our rights to privacy are forfeit? When will this obsession with surveillance stop? Never?

Why don't they just stick video cameras in everyone's homes too? I mean, God's already there anyway right? What's the big deal? That way you'll catch all the naughty people before they even leave the house. Get rid of privacy altogether, who needs it anyway? The only reason you'd need privacy is if you were up to no good. Why don't we just implant trackers on everybody? Save the fascists some time searching through all that video footage to make sure we're not doing anything that's not permitted by our Rulers. Microphone everyone too so we can know for sure that no one's committing crimes or engaging in terrorist activities. That sounds reasonable enough, right? Hell, if God's listening in then the FBI and the CIA and the NSA should all be able to as well. Screw our rights. There's smelly criminal junkies and radical Jihadists creeping around every corner of our neighborhoods, and they must all be hunted down and eliminated at all costs, for our own safety, of course. Please, film me, tape me, track me, do whatever you have to! I just want to feel secure.

Hey but you're one of them anarchists!! Those guys that are anti-government & like to blow stuff up because they love chaos, so the media told me!! Thanks to you we need all this surveillance!!

/irony

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
to the guy that said it will take too much man-power to watch em all.....

thats what im afraid of, computers doing the looking, programs that pick out suspect behaviour. there is nothing good about this, nothing. innocent people will pay the price

We also now have unmanned drones in our skies. Is the government so afraid of us that they have to watch our every move? What do they know that we don't?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else

If this were actually true, don't you think the people putting these up would be spreading the knowledge of the hows and whys around?

All the installers need to know is basic installation and making the electronics active.

They could be thinking it's just another camera to help keep the neighborhood safe.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I have read a few of your posts and you seem like quite a contrarian. Always taking the other side it seems.

Did you read 1984? No concerns about personal space and potential government misuse or misinterpretation of your actions. You trust the government to watch after your best interests?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Doc. I don't think that's her. Just as I know that's not you lol.

Maybe she is an agent. Ur on to her therefore they will be spying on you now Haha.
Jk.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

im sure they already got a chip in me

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Lol we all do!

Now we both have 2 just In case Haha.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Hey but you're one of them anarchists!! Those guys that are anti-government & like to blow stuff up because they love chaos, so the media told me!! Thanks to you we need all this surveillance!!

/irony

Lol - my point exactly. Plus I don't have facebook. I'm essentially screwed, I should just hand myself in right now and hope for a cell with a window. Which is funny, since I'm about as dangerous as justin bieber naked in a church. I might make some old people uncomfortable but I'm not gonna hurt anyone. But "they" aren't concerned about me hurting people or vandalizing property or flashing a congregation. They're more concerned about the fact that my "radical" ideas might start to rub off on someone else, and then "they" have a real problem

Meh, film me all you want you crazy pedantic bastards. You might catch me picking my nose if you're lucky

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
May i direct u to a recent post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It would be interesting to find out who does what when they collate information on a person , because , even those collating are being collated upon .
When you look behind , who has power where , over whose information , its is either children , who can be seen as in all ways the protectees after proper moral input ,
or , it is the psychiatric services . Legally speaking , these are able to collate information irrelevant or that deemed relevant .
This would also take place at a higher level , than almost any authority . Thereby an psychiatric institution , the membership or protection of may be installed as the new , controller of men , via camera control , and observation by other means .
This is the concept , taken to further levels by Orwell , with reference to 'newspeak' and 'thought -police' .
While it is worrying , it should be remembered that with proper democratic control this would not take place . How that psychiatric 'inquisition' has occured before within existing orders of moral authority , ie religion .
And how that psychiatrists themselves , even with access to the proverbial 'drugs cabinet' , are then remaining prone to disease as isolated , literally 'from themselves' . Their hardness of character , and potentially action within the zone of lies , constantly , are tests of human consciousness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join