It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Surveillance Cameras Around the Country Are Being Used In a Huge Spy Network Ca

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by australianobserver
reply to post by ninjas4321

This doesn't come as any real surprise. The camera's are their, of course the government are going to be using them for whatever purposes they deem necessary.

And the counter to the government doing what ever they want would be for people to go beyond just complaining about the action and be heard. Push to stop the practice...

Being a citizen comes with many responsibilities... the problem people seem to be having is those responsibilities require the person to initiate them.. They dont just run on autopilot.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Has it been noted that the taxpayers are the ones providing the money by which this software is purchased and maintained...essentially making the people being spied upon without their consent the ones financing their own privacy infringement?

They get our money, our information and our ignorance.

Now. What is not concerning about that?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by jude11
Don't forget that if you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.

Riiight...

Peace

or to invest in lasers
and portable cctv jammers

[UHF/VHF jammers for wired
and wifi jammers for wireless cams]

Or a tin of spray paint...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
if youre not doing anything wrong, whats the problem?

cctv is doing alot more to keep you safe than anything else
It's sheeple like you that will be the cause of the eventual slavery of mankind.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by h13022489

Everything is recorded using digital equipment these days no more tapes. Yes there would be long hours of searching through the data. Also they would not be used to find missing animals that would still be down to dog handlers. In the case of a missing child or person then we would search through data rigorously.

10 days of footage can be broke up between several people to reduce to the search time. The more serious the situation the faster the operators would be searching. To the trained eye of an experienced operator it would be easier to spot someone sooner especially if they had a good description of the missing person and some last know location.

The recorded footage can be played at various speeds so if your used to it you can view very fast images just like someone who is used to viewing tons of thumbnails on the web the more you do it the faster you take the images in if you know what i mean.

CCTV Documentary (CCTV Britain)
edit on 13/8/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Typed TrapWire into Google and it came up with: www.trapwire.com... ... turns out this is the actual company too, so I doubt they are doing anything as big as UFO disclosure...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't know if this is relevant or not...but there is an app that you can download that let's you view "hidden" cams from around the world. I don't know if it's real or not, I personally have played with the app more than a few times and it seems legitimate. You can view security cams and cams in the mountains and so forth, it's so weird where some of these cams are placed, ha...
edit on 13-8-2012 by GaspardUlliel because: spelling

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
DUH! As if anyone with half a brain cell can't work that out. No bombshell. Since things became computerised the ability to collect, group and cross reference information has become ever easier. It might not be legal ! but so what. How would anyone outside an intelligence organisation know they were performing illegal data gathering?!?!? Here;'s what you can cross reference (UK) :

* CCTV footage with face recognition.
* Traffic camera number plate recognition, driving licence, location of car tracking.
* Bank card usage, shop, location date-time etc what you have purchased and from where.
* Internet usage, MAc address, physical machine, physical location
* EVEN IF YOU ARE OFFLINE, internet chatter can physical locate you to within 100meters with 80% accuracy.
* Travel abroad.

So it is inevitable that this kind of data collection will occur legal or not. This is why I am all for a national identity card and for all that information listed above to be logged against your ID. I can hear the howls from paranoid but you're completely missing something, here's what you lobby and "vote" for when the government wishes to introduce a national ID card :
1 Every access to your data by a.n.other is logged.
2. You have 100% access to all your data at any time, no charge including that log from condition 1.
3. No legal proceedings can be brought against you if the information used is NOT logged (see 1)

Item 1 +3 protects you against harrasment.
Item 2 protects you against false accusations and doctored data.

It is inevitable that ID cards will be introduced. So we have a choice we either make them work for us NOW (before those in authority cotton on to the above) or bitch and complain until a draconian solution is imposed.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It starts with cameras, "hey that's a good idea nobody can commit crimes!"

Then they realize it doesn't, "hey these cameras are helpful, but they can't actually STOP the crime, let's have guards/police/soldiers on standby to stop them."

Police state here we come

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

People said the same thing about roaming wiretapping, they didn't realize "Siri" had a job before Apple ever put her into employment.

I would laugh, but I fear your serious......... Of course I would ask you to prove such an asinine statement as "They didn't realize Siri had a job before apple"

Paranoid & delusional much?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by Kino321

i'd rather live with the danger than have the government make me safe... we are not children.

I read up to this post, which sums it all up nicely. I'd like to add this:
You don't need cameras for safety if all citizens would look out for each other. As the poster said, we are adults and not toddlers that need constantly be looked after. If I see a crime happening, I call the police, if there is an accident, I call an ambulance. If I see an argument getting out of control, I'd step in and if necessary fight it out.

But people have been brain washed, they can't 'step in' any longer because the media makes them believe that if they do, they either get stabbed or nicked by the police. So people turn their heads because they don't want trouble.
Then the governments come along and give you surveillance to keep you safe and some idiots lap it up!

Truth is that if we behaved like a society and stuck together, criminal behaviour would go down because criminals rely on our passiveness.
But being a strong society is also feared by governments. Better to have a fearful, egocentric and compliant society.

As to those that have nothing to fear because they never do anything wrong. I can say that non of the Jews killed by Hitler did anything 'wrong' but once a rouge government decides it doesn't 'like' you for one reason or another they will soon come up with a reason that you could have never thought of.
If that doesn't send shivers down your 'perfect lives' spines then there really is no hope for you; or you are a government agent.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think the whole CCTV/Surveillance thing just shows how paranoid our Governments are of being targeted in some way. They are so paranoid that the only way to have any hope of stopping something or finding those responsible for something is to watch as many places for as long as possible in the hope of a catch.

At the end of the day there's nothing anyone can do about it anyway. Haven't they been able to watch us up close with satellites for ages anyway?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Okay what constitutes a crime?
Sure, murder, theft, etc.

But this govt has an interesting way of manipulating the laws to their advantage. In times past it was well known that if you weren't for them you were against them and incarcerated you become.
Today, we have a govt that has taken our constitutional rights and trashed them.
This same govt is taking more liberties to gather information on us.
Why?

We have cameras everywhere. You can barely walk out your door without having your pic taken especially if you live in an urban area. That information does help bust crime.

This information goes to a central agency that stores it. Why????

Terrorism?
Well, considering that they've made it pretty darn clear they're worried about home grown terrorists it sounds like we're all potential terrorists to them.
This is a total replay of years past and it's just getting worse.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
www.peoplesliberationfront.net.../La/W2PEk+sje8EltjYqOnRH847YoXrIow=

Details of anonymous's opinion on this debacle.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

thanks, thats very helpful. I think most these cams used are not of huge storage yet and could erase previous data on a roll sooner. I guess it really depends on the operators' willingness to go through lengthy recordings. I didn't know they store data up that long.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't have to worry about these things, I live in the woods. He he

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me..
What can we do to protect ourselves? We should find someone who can make Video scramblers.
Does anyone remember the video of the kid who went down to time square with a balloon and his custom made
device that he was using to put a live feed into the tv.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How is this a bombshell in any way shape or form??
This has been common knowledge for many years, not only in my native state on the east coast but in nearly every state I have visited in the last 5 years. It is even thrown in our faces in television programs like NCIS, CSI, etc. But hey, don't do anything wrong and they wont have a reason to persecute you, right?
The world gets more "brave new world" every day.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Druscilla

you shouldn't be up to naughty business anyway.

And who decides what is and isn't "Naughty"?

I'm pretty sure proper action and behavior befitting someone in a PUBLIC space is something that gets taught beginning in childhood, where by the time most people are seven years old, they have enough restraint to resist killing whoever they please, taking what does not belong to them, defacing public and private property, and presenting themselves as a general rule how one typically expects someone to present themselves befitting public consumption.

Regarding legality, local, domestic, and national laws are of relevance everywhere.

Most places frown on people urinating, or defecating in public.
Some more progressive minded municipalities have smoking bans in public areas.
In Singapore you can get caned or have other physical remediation enacted on you for all sorts of seemingly minor things like having chewing gum.
Islamic national boundaries seem to enjoy cutting parts of people off that have caused offense for whatever reason, whether it's an eye, a tongue, a hand, or other parts.

Some other places are more tolerant.
Cap d'Agde, a seaside town in France is dominantly nude. You can do your banking, grocery shopping, or anything else socially publicly acceptable in the nude.
Amsterdam is well known for many legalized activities and services that are otherwise punishable by fines and imprisonment elsewhere in the world.

Whatever the case, it all really depends on where you are, and where you choose to be.
If you don't like where you're at, you can always move?

Regardless of any of this, with cameras in public, it's public areas. So what?

Certainly many will want to start foaming at the mouth and getting out of sorts about an Orwellian future becoming reality, but, when it comes to that, many are are in actuality openly and willingly doing it to themselves just by owning a cell phone, which can easily be turned into any national or federal government's personal spy device.
The Orwellian future depends on private monitoring inside of people's private places of residence.
You do this to yourselves by taking a cell phone with you every where you go.

What's also fun is the ironic level of Groupthink, another proposed item detailed in George Orwell's 1984, that is evident in this thread.
How many of you are part of the Groupthink, echoing and expressing the same exact view as someone else without the least bit of original content added to this conversation?

If you have issues with privacy:
1. Don't go out in public
2. Don't invite any and every government agency into your private life by carrying a cell phone.
3. Don't get onto conspiracy websites that might, or might not be monitored and logged.
4. Educate yourself about how to obtain privacy and what legal privacy actually is.
5. Invest in RF jamming equipment (for as little as $30 online) and learn how to use it.
6. Learn how to maintain your privacy online, as well as everywhere else.

Don't blame me for the cameras.
Don't blame me for not minding or really caring at all about cameras in public places.

I know there's much worse things to protest about than just some silly cameras, most of which people are willingly doing to themselves through social programming with concepts such as 'convenience', entitlement, and other Westernized paradigms of social expectation that fall into the groupthink category.

Further, if this is such an issue, get involved with political interest groups and your local/state/regional governments such to make your voice heard.
Protesting about it on a conspiracy website does nothing.
Join a privacy advocacy group and make your voice count.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

edit on 13-8-2012 by jacobjones because: replaced

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join