It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Disaster September 17th?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Let me start out by saying that I am no seer nor am I attempting to predict a future disaster. I just want to see what you guys think about a strange dream recently had.

The dream starts out where I am sitting with my father at a patio table looking out over an ocean. We are discussing the family and money matters. There are many people in the yard where we are sitting. As I start to look around I notice that it a birthday party. I stand up and walk into the crowd, talking with random people. When someone asks me how old my father is now. My reply is "It's my fathers birthday?". As I turn around to seek out my father the scene changes. The sky has darkened and a terrible storm is blowing in. I run to locate my family and see my father coming towards me. He is bleeding and yelling for me to get the family out of the city. My fathers birthday is September 17th.
The scene changes again and I am watching the news with my wife who is crying. They say that this is the biggest hurricane that has ever hit our country. That a hundred thousand in Florida are thought to have died. My father was one them my wife tells me. This is when I wake up.

I have had dreams of destruction a few times in my life, but never anything that left me feeling completely drained when I awoke. My father lives in Colorado near me and has never been anywhere near the east coast in his life. I have read my fair share of Freud and realise that many will assume the dream has something to do with Family strife due to financial matters, but I have considered this and just dont think it feels right.

Probably it means nothing and is just a random dream. What do you all think?

edit on 11-8-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Why September 17th exactly? I mean I know that's hurricane season down here, but what part of your dream makes you think a massive hurricane will make landfall on that date?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

Lol, sorry I will edit the OP. My fathers B-day is Sept 17th

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am intrigued by peoples dreams. I have had a couple that have come true, and so has my daughter.

Very interesting that the date was revealed that way.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I think that the significance of this dream hinges on the date and that it is premonitory - although whether the hurricane is a hurricane in actuality or a metaphor for something big is gonna hit you personally on that date is hard to say. I doubt that it will be anything to do with your father - I think that his appearance in the dream and the birthday party were a way for your dreaming mind to ensure that you remembered the date when you woke up as stuff like numbers, names and so forth are very difficult to recall accurately from dreams - they seem to get mashed up in the process of waking up. This is just a quick post, I'm afraid that I haven't considered it further than that as it's time for me to get some kip myself right now.

peace
j

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Florida needs cleaning. It is simple due to Orlando resort a.k.a Disney Land. Americans are wasting too much resources for fun. Expect flooding.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
wow yeah i'd say your onto something, see here a screenshot of timewave zero software at the 17th. The largest downward trend towards novelty ive seen in past months

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You know, hurricane season peaks on Sept. 10th. It rises very quickly and falls off a bit slower and Sept. 17 is well within the window of maximum activity.

So maybe it is a hurricane. And maybe the timeline graph peaks on the 16th because everyone knows it's going to be horrendous, but it hasn't inflicted any damage or injury yet. Then it hits on the 17th and is so terrible everyone just freaks out.

Just a wild, wild, fun theory.

Be aware though, the hurricane more likely represents a "storm" in your life and you could lose something important. Fathers often represent a particular direction in life, and perhaps the result of this storm is that what you lose is sort of your direction in life. You start to question certain things you never questioned before.

That's another theory.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
this is just speculation but i think the patio is, insecure present, the ocean, is an uncertain future, your father is like a grounding point.the party and the people are,trust and change.the not your party is, are you really in charge. the part with your father hurt is, your worry of his health age well being or a subconscious idea that you need to take care or help him in some way.the news is worry for some event you have coming. the storm is potential things going wrong or loss. Florida is in some way a threatening of happiness or sunny days to come but who knows

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Messier45

Interesting, I have never looked into timewave zero. Guess Ill have to check it out.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Good info, ty.

I have considered many possibility's about the meaning, but still feel i am missing something.
edit on 24-8-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spacejosh

You broke it down in almost the same fashion I did.

But I like the "insecure" patio...built on the shifting sands of reality the beach.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Sweet heres a link to the online version.
Its pretty interesting to look at the dates and see how it can relate to yourself personally.
To make myself sound a little crazy but i can feel when somethings awry so i check the graph on that date and its always at a peak or drop, pretty entertaining.
Online Timewave zero Calculator

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Also just to briefly clarify the meaning of the graph.

A downward trend means an increase into novelty,

"nov·el·ty"
Noun: The quality of being new, original, or unusual.
A new or unfamiliar thing or experience.

An the second is explained as well on the website.
"When there is movement away from the base line, novelty is assumed to be decreasing in favor of habitual forms of activity. Time is seen as the ebb and flow of two opposed qualities: novelty versus habit, or density of connectedness versus disorder."

new topics

top topics

join