It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army's All-Seeing, Super Blimp, Spying For Your Safety!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
To compliment the plethora of new anti-privacy laws masquerading as "anti-terrorism" laws, the U.S. Army has stepped up it's spying capabilities with three new "super blimps", at a cost of $517 million. At the moment they are talking about using these super-spy vehicles in Afghanistan, however let's not forget, that's what they said about the drones now flying over the U.S.

The U.S. Army has launched the debut flight of its massive Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle (LEMV), a souped-up blimp designed to fly continuously for 21 days and provide full surveillance of an area.

The LEMV was launched Tuesday from Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey. The test flight lasted about 90 minutes.

The all-seeing airship is longer than football field and taller than a seven-story building, according to maker Northrop Grumman. Its shape separates the 21st-century "hybrid air vehicle," as Northrop Grumman calls it, from the blimps that have flown over sporting events for decades.

This thing is bigger than a football field! How much equipment could be installed on something like that? Does this concern anyone besides me? Maybe my tinfoil hat is showing, but it's only because of past experiences, and this is no ordinary blimp:

He says the Army will benefit from the LEMV because just a handful of these airships will be able to do what no other monitoring system can do. They can stay up in the air for long periods of time and can cover a significant area of ground. And the LEMV will not only be able to scan the ground for insurgents, but it may also have other uses, like hauling supplies and precious cargo to troops.

Link

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sorry dude, posted yesterday....

abovetopsecret

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I think they allow double posts as long as they are in different forums.
It reminds me of the alternative reality in Fringe, where these things were a regular part of the land(sky)scape. I was imaging if the day will come when these things are everywhere, but at a cost of $155 million dollars each
, I think money could be better spent elsewhere, especially since these things could be shot down so easily.(disclaimer: I am in no way promoting the idea of shooting a blimp)
edit on 11-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Can the All-Seeing Blimp look under people's beds?

Because that's where the Evil Russians Hide.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wonder how many UFO reports this thing generated over the last couple of years?

Saw another one that resembles a flying pig if it were painted pink.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join