posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
During a site search I came across other posts for children being fatally struck down by parasites in the lakes. Today, another story is out about a
young boy who did from an amoeba in lake lily in Stillwater MN.
Last week, 9-year-old Jack Ariola Erenberg was swimming in the warm waters of Lily Lake near his home in Stillwater, Minnesota. Days later he was
dead, his brain ravaged by primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, an infection caused by a microscopic amoeba.
This hits very close to home for me. Personally, I have taken my family to this lake many times in the past, and my 5 year old daughter has loved it.
I am very sad to learn about this childs death, buy I also am very thankful that it has not happened to my child.
Towards the end of the story, another child died from the same parasite at the same lake. It sounds like they are finally going to shut the lake down
so no other children are in danger.